06/24/08 11:54 AM
06/24/08 11:54 AM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
you really believe most of his customers are on moparts?

Re: R/T Specialties??? [Re: 05dakota] #78091
06/24/08 12:07 PM
06/24/08 12:07 PM
Ozark Mo.
BADBEE Offline
master
BADBEE  Offline
master

Ozark Mo.
Most? No.
A good cross section, yes.
Look, if I was doing this on my own "hobby" car, I could
wait. I do this for a living. When I order parts,
I need the parts in a few days. Not a few weeks.
Its very simple, dont lie and say they are shipped,
then I get it 3 weeks later and they have a second
day air label on the box. They WERE NOT shipped. So dont lie
about it. This was not an isolated incident, this is the norm when I have dealt with Tom.
Is he a good guy? Yes. Is he a poor business man? Yes.
I hope he gets it worked out. But he didnt just start this
last year. He has been in the game for quit awhile and its not getting better.

Re: R/T Specialties??? [Re: AZ-Nick] #78092
06/24/08 12:08 PM
06/24/08 12:08 PM
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
D
DPelletier Offline
I Live Here
DPelletier  Offline
I Live Here
D

Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Quote:

Quote:

I admit that I'm impatient and I'm willing to put up the extra coin to buy Tom's stuff through a third party vendor.

Dave

Dave, You say extra coin, I have never done that!!! If someone needs me to get an order from Tom, I charge exactly what he has for prices on his website, not more!!!
Nick (ps: thanks for the cudos anyways.....

Sorry Nick; I didn't mean to suggest you sell RT Specialties products for a higher price than customers could buy from RT directly. Unless I'm mistaken YO and others sell his stuff too and I've been told that it costs more to buy his stuff from YO.

My point was to suggest that anyone who has experienced issues trying to communicate with Tom might be better off buying his fine products from a vendor carrying his stuff.....such as yourself.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]
Re: R/T Specialties??? [Re: BADBEE] #78093
06/24/08 12:20 PM
06/24/08 12:20 PM
At a gas station near you
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

At a gas station near you
Quote:

Not to be a "cry baby" or a Tom basher but I wont buy from him anymore. He may know his stuff and have great parts but if you cant get them in a timely manner whats the point?
I used to be pro tom but after it taking 3 plus weeks to get my parts with little or no communication Im done with him.
I run a restoration business and when I place an order I need the parts delivered on time or it totally throws a wrench in my schedule and leaves me with angry customers.
He could at least call and say there is a problem.
If he is going to have a business he needs to run it like a business. Just my 2 cents.

I have a small Mopar restoration parts retail business. Tom is one of many of my wholesale suppliers. He always comes through for me, albeit sometimes faster than other times. I don`t advertise and try to sell anything that I don`t have have in my possesion, which avoids any negative issues with my customers. I also don`t take or place special orders. Those are my operating rules. Sure, I may lose a few sales but it isn`t because my customers are unhappy. I actually have quite a few repeat customers. Tom is a one man band who supplies just about everyone that handles Mopar restoration parts. I know he`s thought about going strickly wholesale, then where would you find all those odd ball items that we all need sooner or later. Tom has a great wealth of knowledge that he freely shares with anyone that asks. Is he hard to get a hold of? Yes at times, but in my opinion it`s worth the wait.

Re: R/T Specialties??? [Re: BADBEE] #78094
06/24/08 12:21 PM
06/24/08 12:21 PM
Cleveland, OH
TWS Offline
top fuel
TWS  Offline
top fuel

Cleveland, OH
Quote:

Most? No.
A good cross section, yes.
Look, if I was doing this on my own "hobby" car, I could
wait. I do this for a living. When I order parts,
I need the parts in a few days. Not a few weeks.
Its very simple, dont lie and say they are shipped,
then I get it 3 weeks later and they have a second
day air label on the box. They WERE NOT shipped. So dont lie
about it. This was not an isolated incident, this is the norm when I have dealt with Tom.
Is he a good guy? Yes. Is he a poor business man? Yes.
I hope he gets it worked out. But he didnt just start this
last year. He has been in the game for quit awhile and its not getting better.

OK, Moparts is a good cross-section? Then you have 5 complaints out of 19,435 Moparts members. I would say NEARLY ALL are satisfied.

Just curious...on those with delays in shipping...were they for fasteners, or other stuff that Tom is a distributor for?

You may wish to question his customer service with your specific order(s), but as far as being a poor businessman? Not true. He is one of the more successful businessmen in this hobby of ours, and he built it all from scratch...in large part through helping others BTW.

Re: R/T Specialties??? [Re: TWS] #78095
06/24/08 12:38 PM
06/24/08 12:38 PM
Ozark Mo.
BADBEE Offline
master
BADBEE  Offline
master

Ozark Mo.
"Just curious...on those with delays in shipping...were they for fasteners, or other stuff that Tom is a distributor for?"

Doesnt really matter, if he is selling it, he is responsible to get it to you in a timely fashion.

"You may wish to question his customer service with your specific order(s)"

I tried, called every day for a week. At least 7 or 8 times through out the day, at different times. No luck.
This was after I had contacted him a week into the order and talked to him about my dissapointment in his delivery.
I doubt that every member here on Moparts has read this thread or there would be many more unhappy customers.
Thats probably all the time I can give to this subject. Got cars to build.
Im sure Tom appreciates you watching his back.
But remember, the next time that it takes you 2-3 weeks to get your parts, hes doing the best that he can, after he runs your credit card and the funds are in his bank.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3