Lately, the Exxon station in my town (Warrenton, VA) has been really crowded, especially in the evening rush hour time. It's the only Exxon in town and the next nearest one is about 10 miles away (there are other gas stations in town though). Basically they have been running the cheapest prices and I guess a lot of people have Exxon card....hense the CROWD.
I pulled in with my 67 300 yesterday to get some premium....wasn't sure if I'd fill the tank or not...EXpensive to fill that 25 gal tank with premium!! Anyway, I set the nozzel to auto to shut itself off. It stopped before I expected, and the tank was indeed full!! I've had trouble deciding when its full before because it is a center fill in the rear bumper...unlike modern cars.

I actually saw gas in the filler neck...full for sure. Most people were minding their own business but I looked around and saw a young guy in a pick up looking at me...he was kinda country...worked for a tree trimming company. He looked at me and said; "How about if I take a spin in your car?" I said; "Sure, I'll take you for a ride." That didn't seem to be what he wanted to hear. I'm from NY city, and I learned, street smarts I guess, that such a request as this lad made would quickly lead to your car, bike or other possession getting stolen. Funny, my old Brooklyn instincts kicked in!!