midwest
I
intragration Offline OP
enthusiast
intragration  Offline OP
enthusiast
I

midwest
I'm ready to start putting on my drip rails and window channels. I have some good adhesive foam that I'll be using, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice before doing it. Mainly, I'm not sure whether to stick the foam to the car or to the trim, and what's the best way for overlaying the multiple layers of foam. Should the first layer between the drip rail and the car have the same "footprint" as the second layer between the drip rail and the window channel? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Drip rail and window channel installation [Re: intragration] #738281
07/02/10 01:03 PM
07/02/10 01:03 PM
sweden
C
cuda-sweden Offline
mopar
cuda-sweden  Offline
mopar
C

sweden
so is this on your 74 cuda?im going to do the same on my -70,i think.i dont understand what you mean,could you please explain in swenglish ive got some foam from rt tom/i think its the detroit guy that makes them,do you have some universal adhesive foam?do you mean if your foam should overlap?and then in different spots between the first layer/second stainless trim piece? any pics

Re: Drip rail and window channel installation [Re: cuda-sweden] #738282
07/02/10 01:20 PM
07/02/10 01:20 PM
midwest
I
intragration Offline OP
enthusiast
intragration  Offline OP
enthusiast
I

midwest
Ok, I think I figured it out last night. I'm using universal foam, closed-cell variety. My concern had to do with overlapping the end of one foam with another foam, and whether that would possibly leave a small gap. As it turns out, I applied the first foam right to the car, and installed the drip rail. Then applied the second foam right to the window channel, from end to end, and put that onto the car. The trick there for me was to first put the rear end of the channel into the quarter window opening and to rotate the front up into position. Then, had to put the front corner channel screws in first. Worked back and put them in so as to work out any waves. Came out beautifully.