Niles , Ohio
T
therocks Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
therocks  Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
T

Niles , Ohio
I agree that a factory manual is worth its weight in gold.They are especially good if you arent familiar with cars.The good thing is he dosent have a 40K car and still wont buy a manual like some here.Oh if that strap isnt there just get a piece of wire number 4 hose clamp.Strip both ens attach one to the metal line at the tank and use a crimp eyelet and sheet screw and attach it to the body near the tank.Rocky

Chrysler Firepower
Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: therocks] #725912
06/17/10 11:18 AM
06/17/10 11:18 AM
Lost and Spaced
B
bboogieart Offline
master
bboogieart  Offline
master
B

Lost and Spaced
after all a ground is a ground.

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725913
06/17/10 11:44 AM
06/17/10 11:44 AM
Omaha, Nebraska
Scott Carl Offline
pro stock
Scott Carl  Offline
pro stock

Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:

Quote:

no the fuel pump is on the motor in a 77 charger, unless some one put some after market set up for fuel injection. Do you have a carb or fuel injection?

what you want is the fuel feed to the front from the back. coming out at the tank. Just like in the picture and it is not a wire. It is a flat metal strap as is seen from the side in the pic.

I suggested to you on another thread, you might want to look for a "factory service manual" or an older Chiltons will be helpful.

I simply wanted to know if the wire i described (going into the suggested fuel pump) is the same "strap" you are talking about.

Does the OP understand that the unit pictured is the fuel level sending unit and NOT the fuel pump? OR does the OP in deed have an after market electric fuel pump located in the tank??

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: therocks] #725914
06/17/10 11:53 AM
06/17/10 11:53 AM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
I do apologize for any unruly happening i may have caused, thanks for the extra tip rocky.

Patt: i was simply trying to get an idea of where the "strap" was. Im new to the World compared to some of you and my cars have fuel pumps and not level sending units.

us folk have rulers and protractors in our backpacks not flat heads and pliers

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725915
06/17/10 04:17 PM
06/17/10 04:17 PM
douglasville,ga
R
ramrod Offline
ramrod  Offline
R

douglasville,ga
Quote:

I do apologize for any unruly happening i may have caused, thanks for the extra tip rocky.

Patt: i was simply trying to get an idea of where the "strap" was. Im new to the World compared to some of you and my cars have fuel pumps and not level sending units.

Have you noticed the silence is deafening? I'll give you some advice: you've gotten some good advice in the above posts. Take heed of it and be thankful for it. Asking for advice and then arguing about the answers you receive is rude. On top of that you have been very insulting to those that have tried to help you. You are ignorant about the workings of an automobile, but ignorance can be abided if you are willing to humble yourself and learn. There are MANY members here"older to the world" and without "protractors" in their backpacks that know more about these cars than you will EVER know. I'm not trying to insult you, that's just a fact. I'm in a similar boat, as I also don't know everything about these cars. I recognize this about myself (as do most of us here) and am willing to learn. Having said that, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on chance that there may be a communication issue of some sort.

Contrary to what you believe, your car does indeed have a "level sending unit". all cars with an electric fuel level (NOT pressure) gauge have one. Reference the very good pic above that Challenger1 posted. The item in that pic that you are calling a fuel pump is not a fuel pump (though it likely was in your 'navajo'), but the fuel level sending unit/fuel pickup assembly. Possibly your 'navajo' used a fuel pump/fuel level sending unit/pickup module at this location. Your fuel level gauge works on a very simple principle, but it may require you to dig around in your backpack of rulers and protractors to find your multimeter. I will help you if you truly want help.

"That Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torqueflite." -Driver
Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: ramrod] #725916
06/17/10 04:38 PM
06/17/10 04:38 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
Quote:

Have you noticed the silence is deafening? I'll give you some advice: you've gotten some good advice in the above posts. Take heed of it and be thankful for it. Asking for advice and then arguing about the answers you receive is rude. On top of that you have been very insulting to those that have tried to help you. You are ignorant about the workings of an automobile, but ignorance can be abided if you are willing to humble yourself and learn. There are MANY members here"older to the world" and without "protractors" in their backpacks that know more about these cars than you will EVER know. I'm not trying to insult you, that's just a fact. I'm in a similar boat, as I also don't know everything about these cars. I recognize this about myself (as do most of us here) and am willing to learn. Having said that, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on chance that there may be a communication issue of some sort.

Contrary to what you believe, your car does indeed have a "level sending unit". all cars with an electric fuel level (NOT pressure) gauge have one. Reference the very good pic above that Challenger1 posted. The item in that pic that you are calling a fuel pump is not a fuel pump (though it likely was in your 'navajo'), but the fuel level sending unit/fuel pickup assembly. Possibly your 'navajo' used a fuel pump/fuel level sending unit/pickup module at this location. Your fuel level gauge works on a very simple principle, but it may require you to dig around in your backpack of rulers and protractors to find your multimeter. I will help you if you truly want help.

you seem very reunaware of this thread and what i have said.

if i am not sure of what someone has told me I AM GOING TO ASK ANOTHER QUESTION. sue me.

The Original question has been answered and am waiting fro a time to take a look at it. You're continued ignorance on what a quotation mark means proves to me that if i did have a manual i probably would be on this forum just as much as if i did pay the 24.58 for a damn Hanes manual.

welcome to the World Wide Web "oldtimer"

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725917
06/17/10 04:52 PM
06/17/10 04:52 PM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida

thats a sure way of NOT getting any help on here

I have offered to come by 3x now to help... for 3 diff problems

dont burn any bridges buddy...

what your typing and describing is a little hard to sifer out

getting pizzy with every one that offers the suggestions on what you can do will dry up very fast

not saying...just saying

otta here

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: scratchnfotraction] #725918
06/17/10 05:23 PM
06/17/10 05:23 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
Quote:

thats a sure way of NOT getting any help on here

I have offered to come by 3x now to help... for 3 diff problems

dont burn any bridges buddy...

what your typing and describing is a little hard to sifer out

getting pizzy with every one that offers the suggestions on what you can do will dry up very fast

not saying...just saying

otta here

I honestly understand a lot of what you guys are saying, but once the original issue is addresed and I've already stated that my question is in order. WHERE is the point in moaning about your opinion on something that is more meaning less than the milk in your cereal.

I also understand I have a different terminology then you do, trust me I'll pick it all up in due time. Bare with me I'm dom no need to get angry just a lil' younger w/ the Dictionary.

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725919
06/17/10 05:36 PM
06/17/10 05:36 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
What's getting us upset is your attitude when someone tries to help you. You seem to get snippity and post retorts when they are unnecessary. Quit using your age as an excuse for your incivility. Get on ebay and get a manual.

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: stumpy] #725920
06/17/10 05:43 PM
06/17/10 05:43 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
I assure you i am nothing but fair with my attitude. I am mererly using my age as an excuse because im sure many of you know exactly what a 67 mustang looks like compared to a scamp or say a dart coming down the road without turning your neck or hesitating that you were alive before that car was.

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725921
06/17/10 08:59 PM
06/17/10 08:59 PM
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
C
CUDAJAS Offline
top fuel
CUDAJAS  Offline
top fuel
C

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

I assure you i am nothing but fair with my attitude. I am mererly using my age as an excuse because im sure many of you know exactly what a 67 mustang looks like compared to a scamp or say a dart coming down the road without turning your neck or hesitating that you were alive before that car was.

Wow dude, first get a clue.

Second, learn to use punctuation and proper grammar, it may help us to understand your questions.

Based on your posts, you do not appear to be in any position to comment on someone's use of punctuation.

Third, you have been given the correct terminology on several occasions, but refuse to use it, which in turn is confusing and somewhat insulting.

I have been watching this post for a little bit, and have found your comments anything but fair, more like insulting and pig-headed.

Just in case it has not sunk in yet, go get a manual, the vast majority of the folks on this site likely have a manual for their car...that is where a lot of the knowledge that they are sharing with you comes from.

By the way I am the ripe old age of 36, and was not born before most of these cars were made.

Oh...and Ramrod...well said!!!

Jason

Re: Anyone familiar with teh Fuel pressure gauge? [Re: j3wbagell] #725922
06/17/10 11:50 PM
06/17/10 11:50 PM
Omaha, Nebraska
Scott Carl Offline
pro stock
Scott Carl  Offline
pro stock

Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:

Deepest apologies. I am only 54; a little older than my car, so I have not learned everything yet, but I do know my car has both a sending unit AND a fuel pump. As far as I understand EVERY car, including yours, has a sending unit if it has a fuel gauge. I'm pretty sure they ALL have fuel pumps too but I could be wrong about that. Frankly, the only vehicles I know of that don't are motorcycles and cars and trucks that have been converted over to propane. Many late model cars have their fuel pump in the fuel tank and are integrated with the sending unit. A sending unit simply sends an electric signal to the fuel gauge to tell YOU how much gas is in the tank. HOWEVER, gas can't get to the engine without a pump unless the tank is mounted on the hood directly over the engine. Hence the lack of need for a fuel pump on a motorcycle. Anyone; please correct me if I am wrong or inacurate. Thanks. Class: dismissed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2