Print Thread
69 Dart Door Locks Question- See the pic #70177
06/08/08 10:43 PM
06/08/08 10:43 PM
Wisconsin
69 Road Chicken Offline OP
69 Road Chicken  Offline OP

Wisconsin
I can't get either door lock to work in my 69 Dart. The linkages are all connected (or were before I started working on it). The interior lock just doesn't seem to move "enough" and it never blocks the exterior door handle from working. Since I don't have anything to compare to I'm hoping someone else has there door open and can take a look and maybe help make sure everything is right in there.

On the attached pic, the linkage with the red insert in it goes to the interior and exterior lock (the link rod that goes from the red insert to the exterior lock is pulled out for the picture). This piece slides "up" when you try to actuate the lock. As you can see, it very quickly runs into the "rounded linkage" but the "rounded linkage" never slips into the groove, like you would think it might. The rounded linkage is linked to the exterior door opening handle, but only moves when the exterior door handle is pushed almost all the way in, making me think this isn't the piece that the "locker linkage" should be engaging.

Now to the left of the "rounded" linkage is another linkage with a sharp "tab" at the end. This linkage moves directly with the door, so if I could block this piece from moving the exterior door handle would not move when the door was locked.

I know it's hard to follow my text description of the pieces moving, but I'm hoping someone else has one open they can take a look at (and maybe even snap a picture of).

PS - I apologize in advance for the pretty pink mirror. I was looking for something that would fit in there and it was either my wife's makeup mirror or one of my kids toys. Guess which one I picked

4476818-PICT8267.JPG (89 downloads)
Re: 69 Dart Door Locks Question- See the pic [Re: 69 Road Chicken] #70178
06/09/08 01:14 PM
06/09/08 01:14 PM
Seattle, WA
375inStroke Offline
Special needs person
375inStroke  Offline
Special needs person

Seattle, WA
It's been a long time, but I remember an adjustment with an allen head screw on the latch somewhere in there. Can't remember if it was for the latch or lock. I thought it was accesses from the back of the door, but I can't see it now on my '69. Sorry.

Re: 69 Dart Door Locks Question- See the pic [Re: 69 Road Chicken] #70179
06/12/08 08:28 AM
06/12/08 08:28 AM
Wisconsin
69 Road Chicken Offline OP
69 Road Chicken  Offline OP

Wisconsin

Anyone else??