04/26/10 12:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Dave, I'm a customer of yours and I do appreciate some of your products but I don't appreciate your arrogance to anybody that try's to reason with you.

In bold print below was the start of the remarks where you claim to have tried to "reason" with me. Where I come those are statements made by a person looking to start trouble and argue. By all means feel free to reference my remark that initially instigated and called YOU out!

While I certainly appreciate the customers and patronage of ECS, it isn't a personality contest for me. If you want the best reproduction products for your car we will provide them at a competitive price with great service. If your patronage is based on how I react to your instigating remarks, you might be better served to get your products somewhere else. Sorry but I refuse to prostitute who and what I am for the almighty $$$. The subtle threat of not using our products if I don't cower to your remarks doesn't affect me in the least. I have never dangled any "perceived power". I simply have stated the facts about what ECS is licensed to provide.

An analogy of a gum wrapper to a broadcast sheet is absurd!

How can you say it adds value and is not worth less in the same sentence?

The paperwork added value to your car as it should but you failed to do your homework and personally inspect the car before you bought it and negotiate a price for it that was fair based on what you expected. If you had to spend $200K to just "straighten things out" then you really got taken...

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Cudaworld] #672217
04/26/10 12:06 PM
04/26/10 12:06 PM
CAPE' LQQKIN
R
rtscuda Offline
mopar addict
rtscuda  Offline
mopar addict
R

CAPE' LQQKIN
Quote:

Dave, is there anyway to put a little ECS Logo on the back of your broadcast sheets in order to spot the fake from original?

Perhaps a water mark, only seen when held up to light

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Cudaworld] #672218
04/26/10 12:39 PM
04/26/10 12:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Dave, is there anyway to put a little ECS Logo on the back of your broadcast sheets in order to spot the fake from original?

Hi Chris! I hope things are great for you and your Family. Your Cuda turned out phenomenal!! A work of art with tremendous detailing! I think you and I actually talked about this a couple of years ago. Your suggestion is actually one of the things that I did speak to Chrysler about. Keep in mind that I originally spoke with them about allowing these "items" to be marketed in blank condition as a novelty item. As Barry stated in an earlier post, most of the fakes have mistakes that contradict their own information throughout the sheet. Dave Stuart (of Chrysler) actually is THE KING of all paperwork. He has ALL of the nomenclature from the factory that tells how these were to be filled out and the protocol for their design. At one time I even talked about building a complete REPRODUCTION car (never in the Chrysler system) with it's own paperwork and every radical option that was never offered by the factory. NOTE: IT WOULD NOT BE REPRESENTED AS A REAL FACTORY VEHICLE. WE ARE NOT CROOKS ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE OR HURT THE INDUSTRY!!!!!! We actually got the idea from Carroll Shelby (who Dave Stuart knows) and his later run of Shelby Mustangs. This car would be completely constructed of reproduction parts used from Goodmark, BE&A along with the other suppliers in the industry. I was involved with the 1967 Mustang that FORD built using ALL reproduction components. The car debuted at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas two years ago. We were commissioned by FORD to supply all of the custom decals and the glass for the vehicle. I have also had discussions with Gary Skelton of General Motors to build retro 1969 Camaros using nothing but GM certified reproduction parts. We could manufacture 12 vehicles per year without having to comply with the EPA standards for new automobiles. They would be offered with various option packages, interiors, power trains, etc.... It would be like going back in time and ordering a new 1969 Camaro! There are many things going on behind the scenes in this industry that are really cool. I personally see no harm in coming out with a vehicle that is a "rolling testimony" of the quality reproduction parts that has been manufactured for our hobby!

Think about it....a brand new Chrysler vehicle made to represent the old cars in every way! NOT to be passed off as original or any thing of the sort!

Great to hear from you Master Chris!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672219
04/26/10 01:35 PM
04/26/10 01:35 PM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline
master
MuscleMopars  Offline
master

North Central USA (MN-WI area)
Quote:

Quote:

Dave, I'm a customer of yours and I do appreciate some of your products but I don't appreciate your arrogance to anybody that try's to reason with you.

Quote:

If your patronage is based on how I react to your instigating remarks, you might be better served to get your products somewhere else. Sorry but I refuse to prostitute who and what I am for the almighty $$$. The subtle threat of not using our products if I don't cower to your remarks doesn't affect me in the least. I have never dangled any "perceived power". I simply have stated the facts about what ECS is licensed to provide.

What about this Dave, "I'm a customer of yours and I do appreciate some of your products", sounds like a threat to you? I was just identifing myself a little better for you...

Can you address this:
Sure, you have stated the facts about what ECS is licensed to provide but you do it in a way like you are the one in charge of weather or not you can ruin what an original broadcast sheet does for documenting real original cars with your counterfeit sheets and you could do that IF you wanted to because Chrysler officially authorized you to do so?

And:
You know what a negative effect it would have if you did offer them and that is why you don't, but quit acting like you might.

And:
You should put your efforts into detecting fake sheets since you are the expert at faking them. I don't think anybody here would argue with you if you were to become the Official Chrysler Licensed fake broadcast sheet detector!

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: MuscleMopars] #672220
04/26/10 02:09 PM
04/26/10 02:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

What about this Dave, "I'm a customer of yours and I do appreciate some of your products", sounds like a threat to you? I was just identifing myself a little better for you...

No Eric here was your COMPLETE quote:

Regarding the rest of your inquiry all I can say is that your concerns are nothing more than a subliminal testimonial of how you would handle the situation. My mind doesn't think in an unethical fashion. Contrary to your incorrect and unsubstantiated perception, I have NEVER considered myself to be anything but a servant to the industry. Many of the concerns expressed about "fake this" or "crooks doing that" is nothing more than their inner personality traits. Money shouldn't be illegal just because some "crook" chooses to pilfer it. Baseball Bats shouldn't be illegal because some "crooks" use them as a weapon of choice. Pencils and pens should not be banned just because some people use them to write and document their devious plans. And Eric, I don't concern myself with the diabolical schemes that all of you "honest" folks immediately think about when this subject is brought up. Thank goodness you don't have access to this information. Maybe THAT is the real problem here Eric! Possibly a little "documentation" envy?

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12