04/23/10 08:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Mike,
Hope you are doing well. Why in the world would you want to ruin a perfectly good debate by posting those silly/insignificant FACTS!

(I'm sure we will have someone try to "spin" or dismiss your factual attachment. Thanks for posting it.)

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672117
04/23/10 09:04 AM
04/23/10 09:04 AM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline
master
MuscleMopars  Offline
master

North Central USA (MN-WI area)
Quote:

Quote:

I think A34HPAxle is correct in saying it adds value

I believe that EVERYONE who has said that it adds "value" is correct! However, the absence of one does not automatically deem a car worthless or of less "value".

How can you say it adds value and is not worth less in the same sentence? A car without a broadcast sheet is worth less that if it has one. EXAMPLE, I can't tell you how many times I have bought a car or helped others car owners look through thier cars and have found the original broadcast sheet inside somewhere! When that happens the car automaticaly becomes worth more. It's the same car as it was before the broadcast sheet was located but now it's worth more. And the reason is because these cars have become collectors items and collectors pay a premium for paperwork documentation. A racer or a clone builder wouldn't give two sh!ts about a broadcast sheet but the collectors in this world covet it! It makes NO difference that those sheets were supposed to be trash after used to assemble the car. The fact is the ones that remain are a part of the whole package when a collector is seeking a car.

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: MuscleMopars] #672118
04/23/10 09:40 AM
04/23/10 09:40 AM
Strathroy, Ontario
BS27R1B Offline
master
BS27R1B  Offline
master

Strathroy, Ontario
Quote:

And yes Jim I have bi-yearly meetings with some of the top brass at Chrysler in Auburn Hills and make it a point to ask about the old days at Chrysler

And those people really had a clue what went on in the factory 40 years ago.

I am sure the assembly line workers followed the company protocols to a 'T' each and every day 24X7.

What about those deviant buggers in LA that actually put a Broadcast sheet in a car? Were they sought out and made to walk the plank for not throwing the 'trash' in the trash can?

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: MuscleMopars] #672119
04/23/10 09:43 AM
04/23/10 09:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

How can you say....

Eric..... it is a free Country. Think whatever you wish and do whatever makes you happy! Come to think of it, some of you guys who have argued just for the sake of arguing have FINALLY prompted (actually encouraged) me to see the light. I have decided to call Chrysler and obtain proper licensing to manufacture reproduction Broadcast Sheets!! It shouldn't be too difficult, as I already had preliminary approval a few months ago. I guarantee that NO ONE will tell the difference from the those made in 1970 and the ones we manufacture today. Have a great weekend!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: MuscleMopars] #672120
04/23/10 09:45 AM
04/23/10 09:45 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think A34HPAxle is correct in saying it adds value

I believe that EVERYONE who has said that it adds "value" is correct! However, the absence of one does not automatically deem a car worthless or of less "value".

How can you say it adds value and is not worth less in the same sentence? A car without a broadcast sheet is worth less that if it has one. EXAMPLE, I can't tell you how many times I have bought a car or helped others car owners look through thier cars and have found the original broadcast sheet inside somewhere! When that happens the car automaticaly becomes worth more. It's the same car as it was before the broadcast sheet was located but now it's worth more. And the reason is because these cars have become collectors items and collectors pay a premium for paperwork documentation. A racer or a clone builder wouldn't give two sh!ts about a broadcast sheet but the collectors in this world covet it! It makes NO difference that those sheets were supposed to be trash after used to assemble the car. The fact is the ones that remain are a part of the whole package when a collector is seeking a car.

I think you missed his point...

Yes, it adds value(as would any pertinent paperwork), but there have been many occasions where a car without a BC sheet has sold for more than a comparable car that had one. Many factors figure in. If the car has a desirable color combo, or has a particular feature that appeals to a particular buyer-he might forego the presence of the sheet.

Put it this way. ALL cars came with a fender tag, so if the car is missing the tag, then it's a huge detraction to the provenance of the car. On the other hand there were many vehicles that NEVER had a sheet when new, so it's less of a downgrade when the sheet is not present.

MB

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672121
04/23/10 10:15 AM
04/23/10 10:15 AM
PA
B
BS27ROB Offline
enthusiast
BS27ROB  Offline
enthusiast
B

PA
Quote:

I have decided to call Chrysler and obtain proper licensing to manufacture reproduction Broadcast Sheets!! It shouldn't be too difficult, as I already had preliminary approval a few months ago. I guarantee that NO ONE will tell the difference from the those made in 1970 and the ones we manufacture today. Have a great weekend!

Dave,

Why would you want to waste your time reproducing what you have deemed to be trash?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BS27ROB] #672122
04/23/10 10:47 AM
04/23/10 10:47 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
bs27rob, out of curiosity how were you able to reunite your cars with missing paperwork?
My car had bs sheet from another vehicle it it. I sent it to Galen in 1988.
I've checked with him, looked on alaska ta's site, this site and a couple others, checked with the dealership (who provided me with 2 invoices and the original owners sales contract). The bs sheet may be in some other registry or in the hands of someone looking to sell, or maybe attached to a cloned vehicle?
I agree that having the original sheet would be nice. I have no question of how our car was equipped having the car, fender tag, certicard, transfer from original owner to me and above referenced docs, but still feel incomplete with it lacking provenance (the origin or source from which something comes, and the history of subsequent owners).

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BS27ROB] #672123
04/23/10 11:23 AM
04/23/10 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Why would you want to waste your time reproducing what you have deemed to be trash?

You are joking....right?!? I NEVER "deemed" them to be "trash"! I simply stated THE FACT that they were considered "trash" by the factory back in the day. The factory didn't "deem" these cars to be collectible but many of us (including myself) believe that they are!

I wonder when someone will miss quote THAT statement by saying that I don't consider these cars to be collectible?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672124
04/23/10 11:30 AM
04/23/10 11:30 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Eric..... it is a free Country. Think whatever you wish and do whatever makes you happy! Come to think of it, some of you guys who have argued just for the sake of arguing have FINALLY prompted (actually encouraged) me to see the light. I have decided to call Chrysler and obtain proper licensing to manufacture reproduction Broadcast Sheets!! It shouldn't be too difficult, as I already had preliminary approval a few months ago. I guarantee that NO ONE will tell the difference from the those made in 1970 and the ones we manufacture today. Have a great weekend!

You are going to lose a lot of contacts if you do make them.

I am sure I will be able to spot the fakes. Maybe not all the time, but some info on them has to be guessed at like line sequence & print times. One faker already used a line sequence from another sheet with his "guess". I track the real numbers, so sooner or later, even if the sheets are perfect in every other way, I will find out.

As far as this goes;

Quote:

some of you guys who have argued just for the sake of arguing

That fits you quite well David, think about it.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672125
04/23/10 11:37 AM
04/23/10 11:37 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

ECS was also given approval to manufacture reproduction Broadcast Sheets (with certain restrictions) but refused the opportunity due to the negative fallout that might result.

Just bringing this up again since you either changed your mind or are maybe?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672126
04/23/10 11:49 AM
04/23/10 11:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you have decided to be so upfront and forthright Barry, I too have no problem with telling it like it is. YOU are one of those individuals who have made yourself a self proclaimed, self serving Mopar policeman. You have absolutely no jurisdiction or oversight over ANYTHING that you claim to stand for. Just to refresh your memory Barry, YOU have come to ME to stop the improprieties that threaten your "Truth, Justice and the Chrysler Way". NONE of the people who have authority over vehicle theft and fraud have ANY knowledge of who you are! Ivan Blackman, Cliff Cohen, Kathy Nagorny, Rick Karbowski, Charles Lazania, Dennis Mondrauch, just to name a few.....NONE of them have any knowledge of who you are or what you THINK you govern. So by all means continue to play the big shot on here on Moparts but know that there are some who know the truth! Don't worry about any "contacts" that you think I might "lose". After reading your post about your trials and hardships, one would think that YOU need to worry about your own affairs. Quite honestly, I am surprised that a person of your self proclaimed importance hasn't conquered all of your adversities! Take care Barry!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672127
04/23/10 12:10 PM
04/23/10 12:10 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Since you have decided to be so upfront and forthright Barry, I too have no problem with telling it like it is. YOU are one of those individuals who have made yourself a self proclaimed, self serving Mopar policeman. You have absolutely no jurisdiction or oversight over ANYTHING that you claim to stand for. Just to refresh your memory Barry, YOU have come to ME to stop the improprieties that threaten your "Truth, Justice and the Chrysler Way". NONE of the people who have authority over vehicle theft and fraud have ANY knowledge of who you are! Ivan Blackman, Cliff Cohen, Kathy Nagorny, Rick Karbowski, Charles Lazania, Dennis Mondrauch, just to name a few.....NONE of them have any knowledge of who you are or what you THINK you govern. So by all means continue to play the big shot on here on Moparts but know that there are some who know the truth! Don't worry about any "contacts" that you think I might "lose". After reading YOUR post about your trials and hardships, one would think that YOU need to worry about your own affairs. Quite honestly, I am surprised that a person of your self proclaimed importance hasn't conquered all of your adversities! Take care Barry!

I have never proclaimed to be anything except a student of history. Other folks label me.

You asked me to report folks selling fake broadcast sheets, so I did. I can stop doing that anytime, just ask.

The NICB & IAATI are big organizations, I have my contacts, you have yours.

I realize that who I am & what I do has very little importance in the large scheme of things also. You assume too much, very few folks here really know me, so I am not overly surprised.

I have had plenty of opportunities to "help" people come make up fake stuff for their cars, from some of the requestes I get, it would be a real money maker too. But my integrity is not for sale & never will be.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672128
04/23/10 12:17 PM
04/23/10 12:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember the quote listed below Barry! Do you have any idea who it may have come from?

Never assume anything about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672129
04/23/10 12:20 PM
04/23/10 12:20 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Am I assuming things about myself now?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672130
04/23/10 12:22 PM
04/23/10 12:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The NICB & IAATI are big organizations, I have my contacts,...

Who are they Barry? I'm just curious. There shouldn't be a problem telling us who they are....right? The next time I talk to those organizations I will make it a point to contact them and tell them "HELLO" from you. It is the least I can do!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672131
04/23/10 12:40 PM
04/23/10 12:40 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
I have never been much of a name dropper. John V. Abounader at IAATI (NY) & Dave Droccaforte at NICB (CA). There was another guy, Ed Carlson I believe? NICB again. I lost his contact info in my last computer crash.

There have been others as well, but I report so much VIN fraud that quite honestly I do not remember the names of every LEO I have contacted.

Going to check up on me? If so, this may help with your investigation;

5942643-iaati.jpg (116 downloads)
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672132
04/23/10 01:40 PM
04/23/10 01:40 PM
Pinelands , NJ
J
joelson6 Offline
super stock
joelson6  Offline
super stock
J

Pinelands , NJ
Quote:

The factory didn't "deem" these cars to be collectible but many of us (including myself) believe that they are!

and that's the absolute truth

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672133
04/23/10 06:32 PM
04/23/10 06:32 PM
Strathroy, Ontario
BS27R1B Offline
master
BS27R1B  Offline
master

Strathroy, Ontario
Quote:

Since you have decided to be so upfront and forthright Barry, I too have no problem with telling it like it is. YOU are one of those individuals who have made yourself a self proclaimed, self serving Mopar policeman. You have absolutely no jurisdiction or oversight over ANYTHING that you claim to stand for. Just to refresh your memory Barry, YOU have come to ME to stop the improprieties that threaten your "Truth, Justice and the Chrysler Way". NONE of the people who have authority over vehicle theft and fraud have ANY knowledge of who you are! Ivan Blackman, Cliff Cohen, Kathy Nagorny, Rick Karbowski, Charles Lazania, Dennis Mondrauch, just to name a few.....NONE of them have any knowledge of who you are or what you THINK you govern. So by all means continue to play the big shot on here on Moparts but know that there are some who know the truth! Don't worry about any "contacts" that you think I might "lose". After reading your post about your trials and hardships, one would think that YOU need to worry about your own affairs. Quite honestly, I am surprised that a person of your self proclaimed importance hasn't conquered all of your adversities! Take care Barry!

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

You just have to have BROWN eyes!!

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672134
04/23/10 06:37 PM
04/23/10 06:37 PM
Strathroy, Ontario
BS27R1B Offline
master
BS27R1B  Offline
master

Strathroy, Ontario
Quote:

Who are they Barry? I'm just curious. There shouldn't be a problem telling us who they are....right? The next time I talk to those organizations I will make it a point to contact them and tell them "HELLO" from you. It is the least I can do!

Mr Hanky please get back in your box.

Jim Steinman
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: srt] #672135
04/23/10 06:47 PM
04/23/10 06:47 PM
Strathroy, Ontario
BS27R1B Offline
master
BS27R1B  Offline
master

Strathroy, Ontario
Quote:

bs27rob, out of curiosity how were you able to reunite your cars with missing paperwork?

You might have got the wrong BS27R.

I have received or bought the original sheets for some of my cars from previous owners or people that 'collected' these items of interest. Just luck and sometimes well after I purchased the car.

I am also aware of a 71 440-6 Cuda that I used to own was at a small show 10-15 years after I owned it. A fellow walked up to the current owner and presented him with the original Broadcast Sheet for the car! Perfect stranger and I have no idea how he knew the car would be there but it happened. The car happened to be a well known car in the area and it never managed to get more than a few hundred miles from where it was sold new.

Just pointing out that strange things can happen. I also know for a fact that there were/are several active fender tag and Broadcast Sheet collectors and hoarders out there. We should all be as lucky as George was.

Jim Steinman
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12