Print Thread
anyone made a anti- wheel hop setup w/ steering dampers #657980
04/01/10 12:16 PM
04/01/10 12:16 PM
Oakbank, MB Canada
mbmopar Offline OP
mbmopar  Offline OP

Oakbank, MB Canada
I remember years ago one of the mopar mags did a story on a anti- wheel hop / axle wrap setup using a mopar perf or direct connection truck shock type damper on a dart......i was working on a 70 swinger at the time and thought i would use it.........

, years later, no dart but i was thinking of utilizing something similar on my 1955 Dodge truck, i recently got a 90 Dakota ext cab and am in the process of stripping the truck to use the frame and suspension under my 55 box and cab....and i`ll be installing a 440 automatic as well, so I`m anticipating some form of hop.

any info or a date on the article would be great, i have all my back issues.

Best ,

Derek

"Put a Dodge in your garage!"
Re: anyone made a anti- wheel hop setup w/ steering dampers [Re: mbmopar] #657981
04/01/10 12:38 PM
04/01/10 12:38 PM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida
made up a couple when running 6" or more lift on 4x4s

kicker shocks will help with any wrap up

used to have a JCWhitney traction device that mounted to the front spring bracket with a bayonet style stud and shock washers/rubbers

the a piece bolted under the ubolts and to the other end of the rod solid but with a swivle for up and down movement

this woked very good on a axle under spring set up but did limet axle twist when 4 wheeling

on a 90 Dak the spring is under axle like most cars...could just use slapper bars or the JCW set up could be modded to an axle over spring set up or a caltrac type system

could just add a torque arm to the axle and a solid xmember/cross brace

Re: anyone made a anti- wheel hop setup w/ steering dampers [Re: scratchnfotraction] #657982
04/01/10 12:43 PM
04/01/10 12:43 PM
Oakbank, MB Canada
mbmopar Offline OP
mbmopar  Offline OP

Oakbank, MB Canada

used to have a JCWhitney traction device that mounted to the front spring bracket with a bayonet style stud and shock washers/rubbers

the a piece bolted under the ubolts and to the other end of the rod solid but with a swivle for up and down movement

this woked very good on a axle under spring set up but did limet axle twist when 4 wheeling

like this

"Put a Dodge in your garage!"