05/28/08 08:40 AM
05/28/08 08:40 AM
Texas
R
RaiderLefty Offline OP
RaiderLefty  Offline OP
R

Texas
So I have pretty much come to the conclusion that the wiring job on my recently purchased 68 Road Runner is complete trash. None of the wires are the proper colors, there are many crimped connections where there shouldn't be and absolutely everything is electrical taped together.

I've tried to do as much reading as possible on complete wiring harnesses (Painless & M&H) but would like to get everyone's suggestions.

Though the car is a '68, it is equipped with a '69 440/6bbl but everything else remains stock. I am thinking about upgrading to a 100-amp alternator for future additions of stereo and other misc. equipment.

Is the Painless solution the way to go?

Also, I have never wired a complete car before, only complete boat & car stereo systems. Are there any suggestions for making the job look tidy and professional?

Re: New Wiring Harness Suggestions [Re: RaiderLefty] #64989
05/28/08 09:09 AM
05/28/08 09:09 AM
North Riverside IL & Lowell IN
GTXKen Offline
super gas
GTXKen  Offline
super gas

North Riverside IL & Lowell IN
Look at Kwikwire, the quality is as good as Painless (both are 100 times better than stock)at less than half the cost.

Best advice I can offer is plan things out ahead of time. Run one circuit at a time and don't get intimidated by the volume of wire that is there. I never did it before and my turned out great.

Ken