Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Dougsmopars] #629360
03/04/10 09:34 AM
03/04/10 09:34 AM
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
J
JulesdaWiperman Offline
super gas
JulesdaWiperman  Offline
super gas
J

Montreal,Quebec,Canada
71383bee
Your motor is exactly what I mean. You are satisfied qwith it and that is all that counts.
I do not restore motors to that level because ( for me )my name follows the motor down the line
to car shows, to OE judging and so on.
To do a motor to that caliber I would charge $75. There are many details to consider when doing these motors correctly and hence the costs are higher.
Please don't mis interpret my comments. There is room for everyone in this hobby. My level of restoration service and costs reflect my
end result. The client must do his homework before deciding what end result he wants.
Bruce and Kim do fine work.We choose to provide our services at our costs based on our efforts.
Jules

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: JulesdaWiperman] #629361
03/04/10 12:03 PM
03/04/10 12:03 PM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN
There are certain things that you do when restoring, fixing up to drive, whatever on a car. Some you can cut corners on until later. Others you cannot. If it is under/in the dash or on the firewall why on earth would you not do it right and do it once? Master cyl. , brakes, wiper motor, heater, all are a pain to do once let alone more than once. They all show and they all must operate well.
At the top of the list is the wiper motor. If not done right. Original, they look cheap. Just do it right once and you will always be happy. If you don't, it will always be wrong. And trust me, everyone who looks under your hood may not say so, but you know what they are thinking. (looks like crap) Do it ONCE and do it RIGHT.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #629362
03/04/10 01:26 PM
03/04/10 01:26 PM
Ft.Myers,Florida
Hemiruss Offline
mopar
Hemiruss  Offline
mopar

Ft.Myers,Florida
Not for nothing and my but I think that slamming or talking down about your competion in this day and age is not a good thing.Folks don't like it and it makes you look bad,espesially when folks also like to leave there money in there country..So I wouldn't say anything bad on both sides and again just my opinion and

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Hemiruss] #629363
03/04/10 02:30 PM
03/04/10 02:30 PM
340dart4spd Offline
Parts Problem
340dart4spd  Offline
Parts Problem

Quote:

Not for nothing and my but I think that slamming or talking down about your competion in this day and age is not a good thing.Folks don't like it and it makes you look bad,espesially when folks also like to leave there money in there country..So I wouldn't say anything bad on both sides and again just my opinion and

I was thinking that...but kept it to myself...

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: 340dart4spd ] #629364
03/04/10 03:08 PM
03/04/10 03:08 PM
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
J
JulesdaWiperman Offline
super gas
JulesdaWiperman  Offline
super gas
J

Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Where exactly did I slam anyone?
Kim /Bruce do you guys feel like you got slammed?

Different results for different prices.
Client will choose.
It's all good if the end result is a happy customer.
I am done here as I will not get involved in non constructive
criticisms for the hobby.
Jules

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: JulesdaWiperman] #629365
03/04/10 03:24 PM
03/04/10 03:24 PM
Ft.Myers,Florida
Hemiruss Offline
mopar
Hemiruss  Offline
mopar

Ft.Myers,Florida
Jules I'm not trying to start a war I'm just stateing my opinion,you are the one that made it sound like the others don't restore there motorS T YOUR LEVEL..to me thats slamming. AND AGAIN THATS MY OPINION PLEASE JUST TAKE THAT AS MY OPINION ONLY....

"Your motor is exactly what I mean. You are satisfied qwith it and that is all that counts.
I do not restore motors to that level"

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Hemiruss] #629366
03/04/10 03:36 PM
03/04/10 03:36 PM
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
J
JulesdaWiperman Offline
super gas
JulesdaWiperman  Offline
super gas
J

Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Understood Russ.
That is not a slamming. I am just saying that I do them differently
and in my expert opinion my motors are the closest to NOS available today.
Outlining differences in 2 products is not slamming. If it came through that way
I apologize.
I got work to do and I'm moving on.
Later.
Jules

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Triggerfish] #629367
03/04/10 05:28 PM
03/04/10 05:28 PM
Tallmadge, Ohio
P
Paul_B Offline
pro stock
Paul_B  Offline
pro stock
P

Tallmadge, Ohio
Another vote for Jules.

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Hemiruss] #629368
03/04/10 05:29 PM
03/04/10 05:29 PM
IL
71383beep Offline
top fuel
71383beep  Offline
top fuel

IL
Quote:

Jules I'm not trying to start a war I'm just stateing my opinion,you are the one that made it sound like the others don't restore there motorS T YOUR LEVEL..to me thats slamming. AND AGAIN THATS MY OPINION PLEASE JUST TAKE THAT AS MY OPINION ONLY....

"Your motor is exactly what I mean. You are satisfied qwith it and that is all that counts.
I do not restore motors to that level"

I would not call it an outright slam, but it was a dig by basically telling me I paid too much for what you believe is a mediocre product. Of course you then go on and say it would have cost half as much to use you, but from when i checked your site and researched your prices I was not able to find this pricing for a simple refurbish job.

If this is a service advertised and offered I assure you that you would have had my business.

As I mentioned I am not after a numbers OE functioning finish here and I do resent the implication from others that if I don't pay big $$$ for a complete numbers matching paint dab finish ready for concours judging it is somehow an inferior motor that simply won't work and therefore a rip off. Again this is coming from one side of the fence whereas I have had REAL WORLD experience from another source. IF they had dealt with BOTH services then I would pay more heed to the rhetoric.

I on the other hand have not had the pleasure of using Jules services and I am sure they are a high quality service. Be that as it may the question was who restores motors and I have HAD experience with this and my experience was pleasant so I don't understand how those who have NOT had work done from multiple sources can make the claim that one service is superior to the other. Futhermore I also am in no position to claim that Kim's service is superior to Jules which I am pretty sure I specified.

It is really pretty simple. Does someone else do motors? Yes. Do they look and function well? In my opinion yes. Are they reasonable priced? Yes.

Are they exact OE. Not sure, I am not a judge, but as far as the refurbs go they look good enough for me and as long as they work I am a happy camper.

Someone else would have to comment on her Restoration service for her motors as I stated quite clearly that is not what I wanted so i have no experience in regards to its correctness.

I tell you one thing...this whole discussion makes my realize how great America is and how awesome the free market works!

'73 GK6 Challenger Rallye - 340 4-Speed
Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: 71383beep] #629369
03/04/10 05:55 PM
03/04/10 05:55 PM
dark side of the moon
D
Dougsmopars Offline
top fuel
Dougsmopars  Offline
top fuel
D

dark side of the moon
Kim did mine and it's perfect. I think it looks better then the NOS ones i've seen. Super nice work and very easy to deal with. I won't go any whrere else for a wiper motor. treat me good and i'm a loyal customer

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: Hemiruss] #629370
03/04/10 07:39 PM
03/04/10 07:39 PM
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
D
DPelletier Offline
I Live Here
DPelletier  Offline
I Live Here
D

Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Quote:

espesially when folks also like to leave there money in there country..

while we're griping; I have a problem with that statement. I always figure if there is an "us and them" then the US and Canada are on the "us" side together! C'mon, it's not like buying some inferior pce of dog doo from Wallmart that's made of lead from China! Sorry to vent, but that's one thing that bugs the crap outta me: alot of Mopars were made in Canada and I buy and support alot of US vendors and suppliers without any prejudicial attitude about it.

.....I'll be down in Florida next week, spending money!

Cheers,
Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]
Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: DPelletier] #629371
03/04/10 07:45 PM
03/04/10 07:45 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

espesially when folks also like to leave there money in there country..

while we're griping; I have a problem with that statement. I always figure if there is an "us and them" then the US and Canada are on the "us" side together! C'mon, it's not like buying some inferior pce of dog doo from Wallmart that's made of lead from China! Sorry to vent, but that's one thing that bugs the crap outta me: alot of Mopars were made in Canada and I buy and support alot of US vendors and suppliers without any prejudicial attitude about it.

.....I'll be down in Florida next week, spending money!

Cheers,
Dave

Besides Canadians make good whiskey..

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #629372
03/04/10 08:08 PM
03/04/10 08:08 PM
JERSEY
RJS Offline
master
RJS  Offline
master

JERSEY
When a vendor such as Jules tries to educate he is perceived as slamming another???? Jules couldn't have been more diplomatic with his words nor has he ever been off color in any of his posts. There is a correct way and there is a "parts store" way. The motor that you posted up 71 bee is just that, average "parts store" looking. Also I don't believe Jules said he would do a motor like that but that if he did the cost would be $75. Let's save bashing for the mediocre venders not one of the "good one's".

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: RJS] #629373
03/04/10 08:12 PM
03/04/10 08:12 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

When a vendor such as Jules tries to educate he is perceived as slamming another???? Jules couldn't have been more diplomatic with his words nor has he ever been off color in any of his posts. There is a correct way and there is a "parts store" way. The motor that you posted up 71 bee is just that, average "parts store" looking. Also I don't believe Jules said he would do a motor like that but that if he did the cost would be $75. Let's save bashing for the mediocre venders not one of the "good one's".

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: RJS] #629374
03/04/10 08:36 PM
03/04/10 08:36 PM
IL
71383beep Offline
top fuel
71383beep  Offline
top fuel

IL
Quote:

I see so provide me an EXACT breakdown of labors parts and services for you educated experts to give me a "Parts Store" wiper motor.

This will be a great exercise considering that most labor BEGINS at $70 an hour and I guarantee that Jules times is NOT that cheap. AND I doubt that it takes 10 minutes to rip apart a motor, blast it, soak it, repair it and assemble it. If he did this service there is NO WAY that he would charge that and he doesn't because he preferred high quality exact OE resto. This is fine by the way.

So YES saying it was $75 is a dig and your digging the hole even deeper by calling it a parts store resto. Therefore you are simply insulting ME because I called him out.

And SHOW ME a $75 parts store motor and maybe I will concede, but You won't and can't because it does not exist which makes your comment more rhetoric...BESIDES what experience DO YOU HAVE with Kims' restored or refurbed motors? I won't hold my breath for an answer...

LOOK all I am saying is that there are OTHER resources out there that do good work and it just depends on what level of refurb or restore you want. If you like Jules... Great! If not there are other options out there and their quality may be good as well. My experience was good and I hardly would consider it a "parts store" resto.

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: 71383beep] #629375
03/04/10 10:23 PM
03/04/10 10:23 PM
JERSEY
RJS Offline
master
RJS  Offline
master

JERSEY
"So YES saying it was $75 is a dig and your digging the hole even deeper by calling it a parts store resto. Therefore you are simply insulting ME because I called him out."

I want to be clear, I'm not insulting you or Kim's or who ever!!
I'm saying the part looks like something you'd buy in a parts store or clean and paint at home yourself.

"Calling him out" as you stated just sounds silly to me.
Jules products are the benchmark and stand alone. If you can't see the difference than that's on you. I'm done on this subject.

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: RJS] #629376
03/04/10 10:54 PM
03/04/10 10:54 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

I'm saying the part looks like something you'd buy in a parts store or clean and paint at home yourself.
I'm done on this subject.

I read the whole thread and I understand what JULES is saying it just depends on what side of the fence your on as to how you interpret it. But then came this post and I was like wow that read is quite insulting IMO...

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: QuickBpBp] #629377
03/04/10 11:33 PM
03/04/10 11:33 PM
KY USA
mopargem Offline
master
mopargem  Offline
master

KY USA
Theres been entirely to much friction on Moparts lately.....I think we're all ready for spring

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: RJS] #629378
03/05/10 12:17 AM
03/05/10 12:17 AM
IL
71383beep Offline
top fuel
71383beep  Offline
top fuel

IL
Quote:

"So YES saying it was $75 is a dig and your digging the hole even deeper by calling it a parts store resto. Therefore you are simply insulting ME because I called him out."

Jules products are the benchmark and stand alone. If you can't see the difference than that's on you. I'm done on this subject.

RIGHT...this is not insulting at all!

Still waiting on where to get that parts store wiper motor for 75 and that price breakdown of a refurb motor...

A lot of "Let me be Clears" going on out there lately...

So you don't even know about Kim's work but you KNOW that ONLY Jules does wiper motors correctly...this is despite the FACT that others on this very post have praised her work. Right...

Re: Who sells restored 3 spd wiper motor for 69 B body? [Re: 71383beep] #629379
03/05/10 12:56 AM
03/05/10 12:56 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

RIGHT...this is not insulting at all!

Still waiting on where to get that parts store wiper motor for 75 and that price breakdown of a refurb motor...

A lot of "Let me be Clears" going on out there lately...

So you don't even know about Kim's work but you KNOW that ONLY Jules does wiper motors correctly...this is despite the FACT that others on this very post have praised her work. Right...

Chris like it or not your car looks far to good to have a wiper motor that looks that bad... It truly looks like what is available for allot of vehicles at the local NAPA store.. For around $75.00.. Your right you can't get a vintage Mopar wiper at NAPA anymore but it really hasn't been that long ago that you could... Sorry I know my post is gonna piss you off but it's the truth... I like your car, I certianly have nothing against you.. I just think that wiper motor looks like crap..

The thing I see about Jules is he has helped dozens of guys through the years sort out issues with their wipers, talked guys through 2-speed to 3-speed conversions.. Posted tutorials on rebuilding various components that he offers a service for but knows there are guys that want to do it themselves so he shows how it's done..

He has posted the pictures showing how to clock the park mechanism countless times..

When he rebuilds wiper motors the bushings get replaced, the commutator gets turned, new brushes are installed, contact plates, wires, lots of details... Looking at the photo Kims re-plated motor I see visible details that aren't as well done as what Jules does every time... He has a very thoroughly worked out process... If your happy thats fine but I personally feel your car deserves better...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3