Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: dartman366] #601689
02/02/10 09:53 PM
02/02/10 09:53 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

I think these guys are just getting old and grumpy...

Who are you calling old!!.........................

Who ya callin grumpy!!I ain't got no small block,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,I push buttons

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: 10 o to go] #601690
02/02/10 10:21 PM
02/02/10 10:21 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Quote:

I think that the computer has made it to easy to ask about things.I mean I see the dumbest $hit on here sometimes.Get off the computer and get dirty,

Man, did this guy ever hit the nail on the head. I'm amazed at the absolute laziness of some of the posters and their questions on here. For God's sake people, if you need a friggin gasket pick up the yellow pages and find the nearest NAPA. If you insist on asking these stupid questions at least post your ZIP so that some of us not-so-lazy individuals can do the legwork and tell you where the nearest one is !!

Sorry for the hijack.

Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: hemi-itis] #601691
02/02/10 10:25 PM
02/02/10 10:25 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who ya callin grumpy!!I ain't got no small block,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,I push buttons

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: dartman366] #601692
02/02/10 10:34 PM
02/02/10 10:34 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy but a whole lot FASTER.

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: max_maniac] #601693
02/02/10 10:57 PM
02/02/10 10:57 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy but a whole lot FASTER.

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Let's think about this fellas,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,small block,,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,,,,,,small block,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, sure, I got it,TURN UP THE BOOST

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: hemi-itis] #601694
02/03/10 08:51 AM
02/03/10 08:51 AM
Deerfield, Ohio
70dusterjohn Offline OP
top fuel
70dusterjohn  Offline OP
top fuel

Deerfield, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Let's think about this fellas,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,small block,,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,,,,,,small block,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, sure, I got it,TURN UP THE BOOST

Well Hemi-its you just solved my problem.. Can you bring that motor over and help me shove it in the dart....

Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601695
02/03/10 08:59 AM
02/03/10 08:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Well Hemi-its you just solved my problem.. Can you bring that motor over and help me shove it in the dart....

John,he'll never part with his Hemi, it took him 40 years to afford to buy it.

Re: I don't understand................................. #601696
02/03/10 09:01 AM
02/03/10 09:01 AM
Deerfield, Ohio
70dusterjohn Offline OP
top fuel
70dusterjohn  Offline OP
top fuel

Deerfield, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

John,he'll never part with his Hemi, it took him 40 years to afford to buy it.

It sounded good.. guess I'm back to the small block, or just do another big block

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: B G Racing] #601697
02/03/10 09:26 AM
02/03/10 09:26 AM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

If Elvis was here he would respond to you.

I don't know, he keeps pretty busy back-peddling over on the bullet

Rickster

Re: I don't understand................................. [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601698
02/03/10 09:30 AM
02/03/10 09:30 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
A small block with boost is an awsome combo It's amazing how fast they can be.Just don't do a "CONSERVITIVE" build

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: rickstershemi] #601699
02/03/10 09:31 AM
02/03/10 09:31 AM
Deerfield, Ohio
70dusterjohn Offline OP
top fuel
70dusterjohn  Offline OP
top fuel

Deerfield, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

If Elvis was here he would respond to you.

I don't know, he keeps pretty busy back-peddling over on the bullet

Rickster

I'd rather get no responces than get one from him... Not saying he doesnt know what he's talking bout, just to much I've read and heard....

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601700
02/03/10 09:46 AM
02/03/10 09:46 AM
Blue Ridge, VA
Plumb Wired Offline
master
Plumb Wired  Offline
master

Blue Ridge, VA
I have been a long time member of Moparts but seldom ever post anymore. Too many people spending too much time on YB and the mentality of the trash or be trashed thread has spilled over onto Moparts IMO. The same subjects are beaten to death ie: pinion angle, 8 3/4 vs. Dana, SB vs. BB, etc. etc. and too many people that seem to know everything about every thread posted.

But back to your original question. I have messed with about every SB combo known except for the R5/P7 motors (i do own a set of P7's though, lol). In my opinion a A833 will not live for long behind 600-700HP. We had a Doug Nash 5 speed behind a 422" W2 motor in gearjammerdart's 3270# 69 Dart that did not live. We now have a 417" W8 nitrous motor and a 5 speed Liberty Equalizer (just like the Pro Stock Cars run) and we broke the input shaft in it last fall.

Mike Gray

RIP Monte Smith

aka: OutlawFish
'98 Bickel Dodge Dakota PST
Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: Plumb Wired] #601701
02/03/10 09:52 AM
02/03/10 09:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I have been a long time member of Moparts but seldom ever post anymore. Too many people spending too much time on YB and the mentality of the trash or be trashed thread has spilled over onto Moparts IMO. The same subjects are beaten to death ie: pinion angle, 8 3/4 vs. Dana, SB vs. BB, etc. etc. and too many people that seem to know everything about every thread posted.

Now isn't that the truth.......just like all the ignorant "conservative" comments that keep popping up............

Wayne

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601702
02/03/10 10:49 AM
02/03/10 10:49 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

I've been posting here for sometime now and it seems as of late that I post something and either I get no replies or one or two. I've asked questions about stroked small blocks builds, I think I had maybe 10, asked about what needed to be done to an A-833 to standup to 600-700 Hp. I think I got 3 or 4.. I don't understand am I asking wrong, or is it that no-body runs this stuff.. I doubt the latter. I come here looking for help as many others do. I dont know everything and I appreciate the answers that members give, just seems to be lacking lately. Maybe its me

But I'd like to hear some small block stroker builds. 340 or 318.. And what can I do to a A-833 to make it live at bout 600hp drag/street car. Thanks John

I dont really understand ... was your question answered
or are you looking for a thread that gets 500 hits.
As to the 833 thing... sorry I havent run one is 20+
years. As to the SB strokers, well I have a 9.2 deck
3.79 stroke Eagle 6.125 rod, W-9 heads, 14.1:1 CP
pistons, .700 /286, 112 in at 108 roller, with a
dry sump, re-worked 420 intake to take a 1050 dom
with E-85, custom home made step headers.... the
whole thing is a pretty simple and durable engine.
When it coses to things like what does everyone have
for a SB stroker there are alot of others that have
more main stream than my stuff(and probably make
more power) so thats why I dont tend to answer those questions
As for the mods being one sided.... I really dont
think I am... I try to be even but I do let things
slide but some things have to be addressed.... if
some think this is the church group..... you know
where the other site is if you want that type of language
...... OK I done

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #601703
02/03/10 11:04 AM
02/03/10 11:04 AM
Deerfield, Ohio
70dusterjohn Offline OP
top fuel
70dusterjohn  Offline OP
top fuel

Deerfield, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

I've been posting here for sometime now and it seems as of late that I post something and either I get no replies or one or two. I've asked questions about stroked small blocks builds, I think I had maybe 10, asked about what needed to be done to an A-833 to standup to 600-700 Hp. I think I got 3 or 4.. I don't understand am I asking wrong, or is it that no-body runs this stuff.. I doubt the latter. I come here looking for help as many others do. I dont know everything and I appreciate the answers that members give, just seems to be lacking lately. Maybe its me

But I'd like to hear some small block stroker builds. 340 or 318.. And what can I do to a A-833 to make it live at bout 600hp drag/street car. Thanks John

I dont really understand ... was your question answered
or are you looking for a thread that gets 500 hits.
As to the 833 thing... sorry I havent run one is 20+
years. As to the SB strokers, well I have a 9.2 deck
3.79 stroke Eagle 6.125 rod, W-9 heads, 14.1:1 CP
pistons, .700 /286, 112 in at 108 roller, with a
dry sump, re-worked 420 intake to take a 1050 dom
with E-85, custom home made step headers.... the
whole thing is a pretty simple and durable engine.
When it coses to things like what does everyone have
for a SB stroker there are alot of others that have
more main stream than my stuff(and probably make
more power) so thats why I dont tend to answer those questions
As for the mods being one sided.... I really dont
think I am... I try to be even but I do let things
slide but some things have to be addressed.... if
some think this is the church group..... you know
where the other site is if you want that type of language
...... OK I done

Mr P I never said anything about the Mods. I just figured there were more than 2 or 3 small blocks running around out there. Maybe its all a secret. Thanks for you responce. I'm looking at maybe doing a 318 stroker with a small turbo now. I have a bunch of 318x blocks and a small 90mm turbo

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601704
02/03/10 11:11 AM
02/03/10 11:11 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Mr P I never said anything about the Mods. I just figured there were more than 2 or 3 small blocks running around out there. Maybe its all a secret. Thanks for you responce. I'm looking at maybe doing a 318 stroker with a small turbo now. I have a bunch of 318x blocks and a small 90mm turbo

No I know you didnt say anything about us mods but
someone else did, I just put it all in one post.
I am in the slow process of building a twin turbo
SB, 395ci with a pair of t3/t4 turbos, inner cooled
for my Rampage.... I just need time and money... I
have most of the engine parts but need to get the
car in my shop to get going on the chassis... this
is going to be for the street

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #601705
02/03/10 11:19 AM
02/03/10 11:19 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
I don't understand why BGR can't finish the engine assembly lesson.

...You know the engine parts that need work so they will work as advertised that are from a vendor who advertises on moparts...

Perhaps some simple moderating of such a thread would alleviate the BS that oozes into it and we all would be the wiser...Bad guys win every time it seems...

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: 70dusterjohn] #601706
02/03/10 11:36 AM
02/03/10 11:36 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Just what does one do to an 833 to make it live on the street and track with 600 hp?

Loaded question, answer... not much.

Street needs synchros, track needs pro rings or faceplate. one or other not both for optimum perf.

Internals are set, can only rebuild and inspect so nothing there.

Installation, follow standard procedures established long ago.

the only variable you have is the clutch and that is not part of the 833.

put in a slipper clutch and adjust it to your needs. on track and street settings will be different.

How you abuse trans will determine life of it.
for an old factory pc it is very good, like a dana, not much to do with it.

It is the surrounding components that need the focus.

As far as stroker smallblocks, not a rellevant issue in regards to longevity. That is another topic.
Big or small, stroke or destroke, hemi or SB2, hp and tork are the 2 entities you are dealing with and how to couple that to the pavement.

just how many people run this stuff?
go to bracket race and compete with 400 dorkflites and maybe a stick or 2.

try umtrdragrace.com, more 3 peddlers hang there.

to do it right, you will need to start with something like this...

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: theclutcher] #601707
02/03/10 11:42 AM
02/03/10 11:42 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
and add this.

Re: I don't understand..................................... [Re: ThermoQuad] #601708
02/03/10 12:16 PM
02/03/10 12:16 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

I don't understand why BGR can't finish the engine assembly lesson.

...You know the engine parts that need work so they will work as advertised that are from a vendor who advertises on moparts...

Perhaps some simple moderating of such a thread would alleviate the BS that oozes into it and we all would be the wiser...Bad guys win every time it seems...

Don't worry,BGR will finish the build and will share all our findings and the performance of the build.A member here is getting the engine and will give his imput also.Brandon and Jeff didn't deter me,the mods deleted or locked the wrong person,I have no personal agenda and understand it takes sponsers to maintain a site but if the truth can't be presented,the dis-service is to the members and users.The findings were independent and the oppertunity was there for for "The Source" and "Others" to refute,defend or whatever.I wasn't bashing and I'am intitled to my opinion as everyone else.It's not my site so I have to to who ever makes the final discision.If BGR was taking the time and effort to provide facts and info to the members we should have been commended,not only are members missing out on the Source build,but a 540" Indy as well as others.Who knows we could have gone on with trans builds,chassis builds and many other projects to share at no cost to anyone nor having to travel.I didn't see anyone else willing to do this.Not trying to offend anyone,just my opinion,agree to disagree,just like pinion angles.Leave censorship for ignorant people and third world countries,Like Fox,BGR,fair and balanced.

Last edited by B G Racing; 02/03/10 02:37 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4