Moparts

I don't understand.....................................

Posted By: 70dusterjohn

I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:00 PM

I've been posting here for sometime now and it seems as of late that I post something and either I get no replies or one or two. I've asked questions about stroked small blocks builds, I think I had maybe 10, asked about what needed to be done to an A-833 to standup to 600-700 Hp. I think I got 3 or 4.. I don't understand am I asking wrong, or is it that no-body runs this stuff.. I doubt the latter. I come here looking for help as many others do. I dont know everything and I appreciate the answers that members give, just seems to be lacking lately. Maybe its me

But I'd like to hear some small block stroker builds. 340 or 318.. And what can I do to a A-833 to make it live at bout 600hp drag/street car. Thanks John
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:02 PM

I think it's a conspiracy against people from Deerfield.

Personally, I like Deerfield...The Circle Restaurant, the dirt track, the cemetary that's the final resting place of the mother of a US President.

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:08 PM

Yep all thats true but then again it still doesn't answer any questions that I have. Seem it's went down hill, a lot of the helpful people that use to answer posts when I first signed up here don't post anymore. Just wondered... But thanks for the replies. Oh yeah you forgot bout the BFI DUMP...
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:15 PM

Probably going to be less posters this time of the year. Race season isn't too far away.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:16 PM

Quote:

I've been posting here for sometime now and it seems as of late that I post something and either I get no replies or one or two. I've asked questions about stroked small blocks builds, I think I had maybe 10, asked about what needed to be done to an A-833 to standup to 600-700 Hp. I think I got 3 or 4.. I don't understand am I asking wrong, or is it that no-body runs this stuff.. I doubt the latter. I come here looking for help as many others do. I dont know everything and I appreciate the answers that members give, just seems to be lacking lately. Maybe its me

But I'd like to hear some small block stroker builds. 340 or 318.. And what can I do to a A-833 to make it live at bout 600hp drag/street car. Thanks John

Not every one on here has the same parts as you or me Some have no parts or experiences other than reading articles written by other people(some scribes with little or no expereinces either ) Some don't care and respond anyways Knowing what advise to use and what not to use is the hard part As far as how to make the 833 hold up on the street and strip my way is to use a small enough tire or slipper clutch to allow some slippage on the line and on the one two gear changes Sometimes you have to be the innovater and strike out on your own with out guidance. A old freind of mine use to say that advice is worth what you pay for it Do you want my mailing address to send the check to Don't give up on this crowd, there are some really good people on here that will offer sound advice, not always on every post tho, unlike me
Posted By: emarine01

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:16 PM

Read the acceptable side clearance post on page 2 and you will see why

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:31 PM

That's my point.. Seem to me there's a lot of fighting. I ask a question to have a answer. I post if I know or have experiance in that area. If I'm wrong or someone has a different idea than me it doesn't mean the I'm going to fight over it. Its up to the end user to figure out what to use and what to file. And Cab give me a address and I'll get that check on its way...
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:33 PM

My 4 speed is holding up just fine behind my r5 which is close to 900hp, but only around 570 ft lbs. But I am running a short tire as Cab mentioned 0nly 27" tall. Blazes the tires off the rims on the street in every gear. As for the track maybe I'll stick with radials instead of an all out slick. Working on my pinion angle right now so I can get to the track this weekend. Hopefully I can make a full pass

Posted By: deaks

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:49 PM

Some of the longest threads on here dont seem to be tech or race related.

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:51 PM

I agree and its a shame..
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 07:52 PM

Quote:

I agree and its a shame..

You should hear the amount of that goes on when any of those threads in the race forum get locked, moved, or deleted.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:01 PM

Quote:

Read the acceptable side clearance post on page 2 and you will see why

Exactly! Lots of people can have different points of view ( that's a good thing ), but disagreeing with the "establishment" - first 4 or so posts - right or wrong - can be hard to take if your thinned skinned. I was part of that thread and retaliated a bit when one of my posts was referred to as BS. I probably should have just let it slide, but all in all, there was good info sharing on that post. As long as I have been playing on Moparts, it's how it is. I have learned a lot from the people on this web sight - some of which I have already put to good use. Moparts isn't that much different than many web sights of this nature. Some good, some bad, some ugly. My skin isn't very thin anymore, and I learn stuff all the time here, so I deal with it - - but don't call me Shirley!!
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:01 PM

Two reasons I see....too many friends bs-ing and the mods, only doing as they are told.

But not letting people speak openly on a part or a topic that does not fit into the mainstream world gets the axe.

Its a double edge sword, when I got back into the car world only one person on the site had the balls to tell me I was screwing up 8 different ways and he was right. So it cost me a crankshaft....instead of the moparts PC response, if one would of said "hey you idiot your going to eat a crank" I would of took two steps back.

Now theres sites like the bullet or mine for instance where people can speak there mind and sort out the facts.

This is why moparts is refered to by many as the mopar church site.

Countless business owners have told me directly they stay away from here because its one sided and so much duplicity is present.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/02/10 08:05 PM

I think these guys are just getting old and grumpy...
Posted By: tubtar

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:08 PM

R-3 block with 9 " deck.
3.79 arm and 6" rods with a 4.25 bore.
13:1 , with an eye on running E-85
Solid roller with grind yet to be determined , since the heads ( W-9's ) are still being sorted and I need numbers before I settle on the final lift and duration etc.
Same for the converter....until I get some numbers , I cannot order that.
I am going with a low 1st. gear 727 and 3.91's out back.
Detroit locker in an 8 3/4.....braced.
All of this in a roughly 3,000 lb 1965 Dart.
This is a " street car " in a manner of speaking.
I will have it on the avenue , but it will see a lot of track time.
I should back half it , but I am moving the leafs in ( SS leafs ) since I am breaking the bank on every thing else.
10 point cage.
AlterKtion up front.
Any help ?
I thought so.
That would be why I haven't replied.
Guess what ?
I know less about MoPar's than you probably......I have done the Chevy thing and big Ford thing.
But the members here have been gracious and forthcoming with their experience in my case.....a HUGE help to me.
But then , I live in St. Paul.
I wish you a lot of luck on your build.....I'd love to row the car , but the thought of leaving a trail of parts behind me twice a year scares the daylights out of me.
If I had to , it would be a stouter piece than and 833 just for piece of mind.
And that is well outside my budget.
I wish I could help......in spite of my relative newbishness , every once in a while a blind hog finds an acorn.
What I do know , I know from reading , using the search function and begging people who have beaten this path before me for clues.
And a lot of it I will just figure out the hard way.

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:15 PM

Quote:

R-3 block with 9 " deck.
3.79 arm and 6" rods with a 4.25 bore.
13:1 , with an eye on running E-85
Solid roller with grind yet to be determined , since the heads ( W-9's ) are still being sorted and I need numbers before I settle on the final lift and duration etc.
Same for the converter....until I get some numbers , I cannot order that.
I am going with a low 1st. gear 727 and 3.91's out back.
Detroit locker in an 8 3/4.....braced.
All of this in a roughly 3,000 lb 1965 Dart.
This is a " street car " in a manner of speaking.
I will have it on the avenue , but it will see a lot of track time.
I should back half it , but I am moving the leafs in ( SS leafs ) since I am breaking the bank on every thing else.
10 point cage.
AlterKtion up front.
Any help ?
I thought so.
That would be why I haven't replied.
Guess what ?
I know less about MoPar's than you probably......I have done the Chevy thing and big Ford thing.
But the members here have been gracious and forthcoming with their experience in my case.....a HUGE help to me.
But then , I live in St. Paul.
I wish you a lot of luck on your build.....I'd love to row the car , but the thought of leaving a trail of parts behind me twice a year scares the daylights out of me.
If I had to , it would be a stouter piece than and 833 just for piece of mind.
And that is well outside my budget.
I wish I could help......in spite of my relative newbishness , every once in a while a blind hog finds an acorn.
What I do know , I know from reading , using the search function and begging people who have beaten this path before me for clues.
And a lot of it I will just figure out the hard way.

If you went big block I could help ya.. I've never run a small block. Just looking to have some fun and not be the normal big block stuff. You build looks well thought out, and sure to be a runner. On a side note the duster was ss car running 9.93, went cal-tracs and went 9.80s. so I can help ya there.. Thanks
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:19 PM

It's a conspiracy against you Ohio boys instigated by the Misfits at BGR.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:20 PM

I believe it.
I bought the SS springs early in the deal , but they are nearly new and don't work with Cal Trac s according to what i have read.
If I can't sort these out , I will probably go to a single leaf / Cal Trac set up.
So........instead of helping , you are just rubbing salt in the wound.
Thanks.

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:22 PM

Quote:

I believe it.
I bought the SS springs early in the deal , but they are nearly new and don't work with Cal Trac s according to what i have read.
If I can't sort these out , I will probably go to a single leaf / Cal Trac set up.
So........instead of helping , you are just rubbing salt in the wound.
Thanks.

Sorry... I was in good faith trying.. just sell them SS..

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:23 PM

Quote:

Why do I belive that.....

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Cause all our crap from the Allegheny and Mon Rivers floats down the Ohio You get all our poop.

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 08:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cause all our crap from the Allegheny and Mon Rivers floats down the Ohio You get all our poop.

Thanks Bob...
Posted By: Stanton

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 09:46 PM

Actually, I think "small block" explains it all ... go big or go home

The there's the 833 thing. That requires manual dexterity like farting and chewing gum at the same time! Why would you want to do that when you can just click it into "D" and step on the pedal ?!?!
Posted By: begood

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 09:56 PM

Quote:

Two reasons I see....too many friends bs-ing and the mods, only doing as they are told.

But not letting people speak openly on a part or a topic that does not fit into the mainstream world gets the axe.

Its a double edge sword, when I got back into the car world only one person on the site had the balls to tell me I was screwing up 8 different ways and he was right. So it cost me a crankshaft....instead of the moparts PC response, if one would of said "hey you idiot your going to eat a crank" I would of took two steps back.

Now theres sites like the bullet or mine for instance where people can speak there mind and sort out the facts.

Countless business owners have told me directly they stay away from here because its one sided and so much duplicity is present.

Yes, but there are too many morons running around on the Bullet that are not house broken yet. Let alone learned any manners.

Bill.
Posted By: stevehiss

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:10 PM

Quote:

seen mods who take sides and some groups gang up and dog pile

but you can also get some good info here

as for the bullet
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:21 PM

Personally I think it's all Fred's fault

Rickster

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:24 PM

If Elvis was here he would respond to you.
Posted By: d330

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:41 PM

The there's the 833 thing. That requires manual dexterity like farting and chewing gum at the same time! Why would you want to do that when you can just click it into "D" and step on the pedal ?!?!

Most likely he's not a dork..therefore he doesn't want to race a dorkflight..
now as far as the hp question.I ran 10.20s without problems in a 3400# car, 400+ passes with liberty gears 18 spilne..when the car ran in 9.50's i start to twist the main shaft..
hope that helps...
Posted By: emarine01

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:48 PM

One of the things that I don't understand on here is when you have a guy that offers his opinion and then backs it up with the math and science for peer scrutiny he often gets hammered, If ya don't understand whats going on just ask more questions, If ya do understand and think its wrong, prove it, so there can be a logical debate on the subject and work out the right answers
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:53 PM

I don't respond to direct questions if I don't have input that will help, or a joke to lighten the mood and bump it up in hopes someone else can answer.
I don't have a stroker SB and I have no idea what HP an 833 will hold.
I bet the answer to the second question is similar to the ones you get for rears, driveshafts, clutches etc. IT DEPENDS.
Since HP is work and torque is the force, it's really torque that matters. It also depends on what the car weighs, what tires are under it and other variables that define the rock (engine torque) and the hard place (traction) you are subjecting the item in question.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 10:58 PM

I would love to help But I have not had a 4 speed in 20 years and never race a small block
Posted By: 602heavy

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/02/10 11:41 PM

Quote:

I think it's a conspiracy against people from Deerfield.

You wanna try posting from UK , had my butt kicked a few times , normally get around three answers to my posts so count myself lucky.

BG has helped me out a few times when i first joined.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 12:21 AM

I understand completly and believe me if I had any help to offer I would and do chime in.

I usually end up taking a beating on some of what I post but I'm not gonna let it get to to me. Some of it I bring on my self

I can help you kill a 727 though
Posted By: rowin4

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 12:23 AM

Well I've never ran a small block and have never raced with a torque flite but i've raced and broken a lot of 833'S. It will hold up to your 6-700 horse power if you use a clutch that will not hammer the gears out of it and a set of tires that won't dead hook. If this is a streeter no problem it's just when you get serious at the track that the trans will start to give you problems if you haven't modified it to pro shifted or face plated gears. When you do modify the trans it becomes a pain to run on the street, I used to but I saw more damage from easy shifting than power shifting at the track.

Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not every one on here has the same parts as you or me Some have no parts or experiences other than reading articles written by other people(some scribes with little or no expereinces either ) Some don't care and respond anyways Knowing what advise to use and what not to use is the hard part As far as how to make the 833 hold up on the street and strip my way is to use a small enough tire or slipper clutch to allow some slippage on the line and on the one two gear changes Sometimes you have to be the innovater and strike out on your own with out guidance. A old freind of mine use to say that advice is worth what you pay for it Do you want my mailing address to send the check to Don't give up on this crowd, there are some really good people on here that will offer sound advice, not always on every post tho, unlike me

Cab, that is a very passive-aggressive statement to the board. I take it you would like to call someone out for something by those statements?

Just curious, not trying to critique.

As far as the OP's question, I think there are lots of people with good experience (sometimes differing from one to another) that withhold it because they are tired of getting knocked by the experts. For instance, a while back someone asked about clutch discs. I responded that my Zoom clutch didn't last very long and Rowin4 begged to differ. Did we fight about it? Heck no; simply two people with two experiences. I think the problem arises when two people have a different experience that is not easily quantifiable and each thinks he/she is 100% right. And that's when the begins...and informative members stop posting.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 12:54 AM

There is a reason you have to misspell those words, its cos they do not belong here.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 01:00 AM

Quote:

I think that the computer has made it to easy to ask about things.I mean I see the dumbest $hit on here sometimes.Get off the computer and get dirty,So no one answered you.Cry me a Fing river.
Sorry dude but man up.

Damn, now THAT`S an answer for ya!........too funny.If I could help I would but not a fan of small blocks OR 4 speeds. Good luck and don`t feel bad .....I had a guy threaten my life on here a while back and when I told him I`d fly out to meet him, his song changed.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:15 AM

Quote:

Who are you calling old!!.........................
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:35 AM

Speaking for myself, to many sensitive members here
I haven't had a small since 92, but this year Im going
with a R5P7 motor, looking to run some low #'s
I use a 9", and a glide
You mite not get all the answers here, but it sure
makes for some good reading
Oh, and the members are getting old, have arthritis,
and can hardly type anymore

Attached picture 5777958-atco2.jpg
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:38 AM

look at all that responded now .Did you find any answers now .
You might try posting in general section ,??? section . I would bet more in the heavy cruising would have some answers .
I know i have asked ??? that have been answered in previous post .Or you might see same ??? in different post .
good luck from a S/B ,auto guy
DR

Attached picture 5777973-BKD9-11-01_302C.jpg
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Who ya callin grumpy!!I ain't got no small block,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,I push buttons

Attached picture 5778017-2009-04-24-1723-17_edited.jpg
Posted By: Stanton

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 02:21 AM

Quote:

I think that the computer has made it to easy to ask about things.I mean I see the dumbest $hit on here sometimes.Get off the computer and get dirty,

Man, did this guy ever hit the nail on the head. I'm amazed at the absolute laziness of some of the posters and their questions on here. For God's sake people, if you need a friggin gasket pick up the yellow pages and find the nearest NAPA. If you insist on asking these stupid questions at least post your ZIP so that some of us not-so-lazy individuals can do the legwork and tell you where the nearest one is !!

Sorry for the hijack.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 02:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who ya callin grumpy!!I ain't got no small block,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,I push buttons

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 02:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy but a whole lot FASTER.

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 02:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Try a smallblock sometime,,it will make you feel young and change your attitude,,,the day I go to a bigblock is the day I become old and grumpy but a whole lot FASTER.

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Let's think about this fellas,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,small block,,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,,,,,,small block,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, sure, I got it,TURN UP THE BOOST

Attached picture 5778203-Assembly04.2r.jpg

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 12:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Let's think about this fellas,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,small block,,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,,,,,,small block,,, ,,,or BLOWN HEMI,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, sure, I got it,TURN UP THE BOOST

Well Hemi-its you just solved my problem.. Can you bring that motor over and help me shove it in the dart....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 12:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

Well Hemi-its you just solved my problem.. Can you bring that motor over and help me shove it in the dart....

John,he'll never part with his Hemi, it took him 40 years to afford to buy it.

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed it for ya Bill

Russ

John,he'll never part with his Hemi, it took him 40 years to afford to buy it.

It sounded good.. guess I'm back to the small block, or just do another big block
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 01:26 PM

Quote:

I don't know, he keeps pretty busy back-peddling over on the bullet

Rickster

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/03/10 01:30 PM

A small block with boost is an awsome combo It's amazing how fast they can be.Just don't do a "CONSERVITIVE" build

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 01:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know, he keeps pretty busy back-peddling over on the bullet

Rickster

I'd rather get no responces than get one from him... Not saying he doesnt know what he's talking bout, just to much I've read and heard....
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 01:46 PM

I have been a long time member of Moparts but seldom ever post anymore. Too many people spending too much time on YB and the mentality of the trash or be trashed thread has spilled over onto Moparts IMO. The same subjects are beaten to death ie: pinion angle, 8 3/4 vs. Dana, SB vs. BB, etc. etc. and too many people that seem to know everything about every thread posted.

But back to your original question. I have messed with about every SB combo known except for the R5/P7 motors (i do own a set of P7's though, lol). In my opinion a A833 will not live for long behind 600-700HP. We had a Doug Nash 5 speed behind a 422" W2 motor in gearjammerdart's 3270# 69 Dart that did not live. We now have a 417" W8 nitrous motor and a 5 speed Liberty Equalizer (just like the Pro Stock Cars run) and we broke the input shaft in it last fall.

Mike Gray
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 01:52 PM

Quote:

I have been a long time member of Moparts but seldom ever post anymore. Too many people spending too much time on YB and the mentality of the trash or be trashed thread has spilled over onto Moparts IMO. The same subjects are beaten to death ie: pinion angle, 8 3/4 vs. Dana, SB vs. BB, etc. etc. and too many people that seem to know everything about every thread posted.

Now isn't that the truth.......just like all the ignorant "conservative" comments that keep popping up............

Wayne
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 02:49 PM

Quote:

I dont really understand ... was your question answered
or are you looking for a thread that gets 500 hits.
As to the 833 thing... sorry I havent run one is 20+
years. As to the SB strokers, well I have a 9.2 deck
3.79 stroke Eagle 6.125 rod, W-9 heads, 14.1:1 CP
pistons, .700 /286, 112 in at 108 roller, with a
dry sump, re-worked 420 intake to take a 1050 dom
with E-85, custom home made step headers.... the
whole thing is a pretty simple and durable engine.
When it coses to things like what does everyone have
for a SB stroker there are alot of others that have
more main stream than my stuff(and probably make
more power) so thats why I dont tend to answer those questions
As for the mods being one sided.... I really dont
think I am... I try to be even but I do let things
slide but some things have to be addressed.... if
some think this is the church group..... you know
where the other site is if you want that type of language
...... OK I done

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 03:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I dont really understand ... was your question answered
or are you looking for a thread that gets 500 hits.
As to the 833 thing... sorry I havent run one is 20+
years. As to the SB strokers, well I have a 9.2 deck
3.79 stroke Eagle 6.125 rod, W-9 heads, 14.1:1 CP
pistons, .700 /286, 112 in at 108 roller, with a
dry sump, re-worked 420 intake to take a 1050 dom
with E-85, custom home made step headers.... the
whole thing is a pretty simple and durable engine.
When it coses to things like what does everyone have
for a SB stroker there are alot of others that have
more main stream than my stuff(and probably make
more power) so thats why I dont tend to answer those questions
As for the mods being one sided.... I really dont
think I am... I try to be even but I do let things
slide but some things have to be addressed.... if
some think this is the church group..... you know
where the other site is if you want that type of language
...... OK I done

Mr P I never said anything about the Mods. I just figured there were more than 2 or 3 small blocks running around out there. Maybe its all a secret. Thanks for you responce. I'm looking at maybe doing a 318 stroker with a small turbo now. I have a bunch of 318x blocks and a small 90mm turbo
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 03:11 PM

Mr P I never said anything about the Mods. I just figured there were more than 2 or 3 small blocks running around out there. Maybe its all a secret. Thanks for you responce. I'm looking at maybe doing a 318 stroker with a small turbo now. I have a bunch of 318x blocks and a small 90mm turbo

No I know you didnt say anything about us mods but
someone else did, I just put it all in one post.
I am in the slow process of building a twin turbo
SB, 395ci with a pair of t3/t4 turbos, inner cooled
for my Rampage.... I just need time and money... I
have most of the engine parts but need to get the
car in my shop to get going on the chassis... this
is going to be for the street
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 03:19 PM

I don't understand why BGR can't finish the engine assembly lesson.

...You know the engine parts that need work so they will work as advertised that are from a vendor who advertises on moparts...

Perhaps some simple moderating of such a thread would alleviate the BS that oozes into it and we all would be the wiser...Bad guys win every time it seems...

Posted By: theclutcher

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 03:36 PM

Just what does one do to an 833 to make it live on the street and track with 600 hp?

Loaded question, answer... not much.

Street needs synchros, track needs pro rings or faceplate. one or other not both for optimum perf.

Internals are set, can only rebuild and inspect so nothing there.

Installation, follow standard procedures established long ago.

the only variable you have is the clutch and that is not part of the 833.

put in a slipper clutch and adjust it to your needs. on track and street settings will be different.

How you abuse trans will determine life of it.
for an old factory pc it is very good, like a dana, not much to do with it.

It is the surrounding components that need the focus.

As far as stroker smallblocks, not a rellevant issue in regards to longevity. That is another topic.
Big or small, stroke or destroke, hemi or SB2, hp and tork are the 2 entities you are dealing with and how to couple that to the pavement.

just how many people run this stuff?
go to bracket race and compete with 400 dorkflites and maybe a stick or 2.

try umtrdragrace.com, more 3 peddlers hang there.

to do it right, you will need to start with something like this...

Attached picture 5778981-IMG_0437(Small).JPG
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 03:42 PM

and add this.

Attached picture 5778988-IMG_0248(Small).JPG

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 04:16 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why BGR can't finish the engine assembly lesson.

...You know the engine parts that need work so they will work as advertised that are from a vendor who advertises on moparts...

Perhaps some simple moderating of such a thread would alleviate the BS that oozes into it and we all would be the wiser...Bad guys win every time it seems...

Don't worry,BGR will finish the build and will share all our findings and the performance of the build.A member here is getting the engine and will give his imput also.Brandon and Jeff didn't deter me,the mods deleted or locked the wrong person,I have no personal agenda and understand it takes sponsers to maintain a site but if the truth can't be presented,the dis-service is to the members and users.The findings were independent and the oppertunity was there for for "The Source" and "Others" to refute,defend or whatever.I wasn't bashing and I'am intitled to my opinion as everyone else.It's not my site so I have to to who ever makes the final discision.If BGR was taking the time and effort to provide facts and info to the members we should have been commended,not only are members missing out on the Source build,but a 540" Indy as well as others.Who knows we could have gone on with trans builds,chassis builds and many other projects to share at no cost to anyone nor having to travel.I didn't see anyone else willing to do this.Not trying to offend anyone,just my opinion,agree to disagree,just like pinion angles.Leave censorship for ignorant people and third world countries,Like Fox,BGR,fair and balanced.
Posted By: moper

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 04:34 PM

Bob,
It's too bad. I wasn't ultra tight with Gary (for whom the section is named) but I did speak with him personally more than a couple times. I can't think he'd like what the race section has evolved into. It's more like the General section now than any real tech. Closer to a multi-sylabic Yellow Bullet... And when one tries to get deeper into things the intellectual debate can't be maintained on an adult level.
Posted By: 1976 Aspen

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 09:13 PM

Since this post is going nowhere I'll offer up my sb combo that went 10.25 @ 132mph with a 1.40 60' time... Oh yeah, and most of the engine gurus told me it was junk after this thread was posted https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

I put over 200 1/4 mile passes on it last season and won a Track Championship as well. I did a leakdown in November and the leakdown was 2% or less in all the cylinders... So, I will be putting another 200 passes on it this coming season with the SAME PISTONS AND RINGS... I'll be the first one to post if I have problems with it.... Keep posting man and take all advice with a grain of salt

This year I switched to 29.5-10.5-15 M/T ET Drags and a 4.56 rear gear. I also dropped 200 lbs. off the car. RyanJ converted my intake to a Dominator flange as well. I'm hoping to get a 9.99 slip and run 10.0's this year... Any guesses as what it will run now???

It's a 423ci small block based off a 340 R Block bored .040 over, oil mods done by RyanJ, Pro-Gram billet caps 1-4, and has a K1 crank and rods. The rods are 6.200 long and the crank stroke is 4.125. It has custom CP pistons to produce a 13.5:1 compression with Total Seal Max Seal rings. The heads are INDY 360-2's fully ported and polished by RyanJ that flow 325/245. The intake is a INDY ported by RyanJ as well. The cam is a bullet solid roller with 276/282 duration at .050 with .712/.696 lift with a 1.6 ratio rocker and ground on a 109. I'm using the T&D shaft rockers and Smith Brothers .116 wall pushrods. The carb is a Big's Stage 7 950 HP. I have the lifter bores bushed because I'm oiling through the pushrod. I have the Charlie's 8 quart pan with a Milodon pickup and a Sealed Power HV oil pump. I'm running TTI 1-7/8"" headers as well. All MSD ignition components as well...

3600lb. Race Ready F-Body (with me)
Ford 9" with a 4.11 gear
CRT 727 trans with no brake
28x10.5x15 M/T ET Drag
Skinnies on front
5200 stall 8" converter
Solid K-Frame Bushings
Subframe connectors
Engine torque strap
6-Point cage
Caltracs with their monoleafs and Rancho 9000's
3" full exhaust with Dynomax Oval Ultra Flo's
Posted By: BobR

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 09:44 PM

Quote:

That's my point.. Seem to me there's a lot of fighting. I ask a question to have a answer. I post if I know or have experiance in that area. If I'm wrong or someone has a different idea than me it doesn't mean the I'm going to fight over it. Its up to the end user to figure out what to use and what to file. And Cab give me a address and I'll get that check on its way...

If I give you my address will I also get a check?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 09:57 PM

you guys sound like a bunch of old women

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If I give you my address will I also get a check?

Sure why the HECK not....
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 10:08 PM

Quote:

my feelings are real! and they matter! you've hurt me very deeply this time...
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

mission accomplished
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/03/10 10:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mission accomplished

[Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]!
Posted By: mloboda

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/04/10 04:27 AM

I haven't run an 833 since the 70s, but back then it held up behind a 615hp Hemi in a 3890lb car for 4 years. Clutch technology is light years ahead of what it was back then. Currently run a Jerico.
98% of moparts members run slushboxes, so most can not help even though they would like to.

Go to the "tranny tech" and "clutch tech" sections of the www.umtrnorth.com website forum.
It is easily the biggest, most widely read stick shift only forum in the world.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/04/10 04:36 AM

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: I don't understand................................. - 02/05/10 02:05 AM

We have a stroker small block in my dads Duster that runs 9's with exhaust. I really have no input other than pretty much the whole build was based on info and similar combos I've seen fellow Moparts members run. Shady Dell CNC ported W5's....many posts showing 9sec passes. Need a cam.....Dwayne Porter order up!! Helped me with my Stage VI's, did some 440-1's for my cousin, provided us a cam that does the job and is very reliable. We were running out of $$ and at the time race blocks were few and far between + we had some stock blocks to choose from....Greg at BCR had a run of main caps for small blocks....order up Greg!! Eagle crank/rods, runs great other than we discovered a porous head.... back to Shady Dell!! Oh yeah.... torque converter. Lenny at Ultimate has been great to work with. I knew that as I have run his converter in my Mirada for 13+ years, but he became an advertiser here some time back and many people are using his product. Easier to do with a big block.....probably. But hitting the throttle on this "quiet" car, barely lifting the tire...but carrying it out a ways and running a nine with ease is pretty cool in our book. Thank you Moparts!!!

Oh yeah!! about forgot.... Ron Silva. My dad saw that awesome Demon waaaaay back at a Mopar Shootout down in Tucson. He's wanted a "quiet" car ever since. Another "moparts" affiliation.
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: I don't understand..................................... - 02/05/10 04:12 AM

Well on the trans. thing. IMO the modern problem is TOO much traction. The street "cheater" slicks we drive TO the track are better than DRAG ONLY tires back in the day. Somethings gotta give

As far as good feedback: I too have felt like its hard to get help on SOME subjects.
NEVER ask about a 6bbl,NEVER ask about a camshaft etc.
I have found P.M. some of the guys who run stuff you want to gather opnions from and you will get better service.
Way too many experts who have clean fingernails IMO.

Attached picture 5783400-QuakerWheelie.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums