01/02/10 02:38 PM
01/02/10 02:38 PM
NotRussia
2fast4yourBrain Offline OP
Whack top Dodger
2fast4yourBrain  Offline OP
Whack top Dodger

NotRussia
Not talking about those universal add-ons where you still have your OEM switch, but replacing the whole unit?

Thinking maybe this self-contained switch from a early '80s bronco may work??? Need to get a wiring diagram.

Re: NE1 ever retrofit a wiper delay to their cars? [Re: 2fast4yourBrain] #569989
01/02/10 03:05 PM
01/02/10 03:05 PM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
It's a bit tougher because our old cars with the concealed wipers are setup differently than most other cars without concealed wipers. Basically a wiper motor without concealed wipers(say any of the 80's mopar stuff for example) has a pin on it's connector that flashes to ground every time the wiper reaches the bottom of its travel. But on our cars, I'm not sure if that pin flashes every time or only when you turn the switch off and it moves the wipers back to their park position. Basically the wiper delay system needs to know when the wipers are at the bottom of their travel. Our non-delay wiper motors may not have had a need for that contact to be external to the wiper motor, so that pin may physically not exist on ours or it may operate differently. I always meant to play around there with a multimeter to figure out what was what because I'd like to do a delay wiper for mine too. And it's for the same reason that the universal add ons aren't supposed to work in our cars.