01/01/10 09:13 PM
01/01/10 09:13 PM
Norton Ohio
D
drooze Offline OP
drooze  Offline OP
D

Norton Ohio
Im having problems "posting" to this forum....for some reason, sometimes it works others it dosent, so if this is double posted I apologize...

I am posting this here in the hopes that it will be an opporunity to another vendor, or site to help them promote themselves and us to fill a need, a Name and a Paint Theme.....

I had this "Idea" about a month back but havent had the time to pursue it properly, I think it has merit for us, and may be a big benefit to another business or website out there. Heck....maybe even Moparts would be interested.

We sort of have a name for the car .... actually its a lack of any better name "Hemicidal Maniac" yeah not soo exciting....

And while Im sure some may respond to this thread with a name Id like a WHOLE lot to choose from and check to make sure were not copying an already used name....our egos, mine and the old mans dont dictate anything to us in terms of 'look' or even name...Im content to run the car all white with big black letters that say CAR......It has an allure...but like ive said were minimalists.

I bounced this idea to several Dodge/Challenger forums and got 2 responses back....1 looked promising until he kept asking for more and more real estate and covering only part of the Wrap costs.....yeah sorry not gonna happen.

All Im looking at is to have the cost of the wrap covered...I have someone willing to do that for no charge for a small section of real-estate on the car, or for COST if I will distribute flyers trackside at my trailer with a "magazine rack" style wire thing. But they need print ready art...and Im not an artist and dont have time to track down through my graphics artist friends, and second....well Im still lacking a name and paint scheme that POPS.

Here is what I sent......I thought maybe some of you out there would know of a vendor, or site that may be interested in running the contest to draw traffic to their site, it helps build interest in our car and seems like a win/win.....And it helps to draw repetitive traffic to theirs, they would have to decide / handle prizes if there were to be any other than being the person to.....If I had more time I would look into promoting it myself....but I dont have time.....as it looks now the car will be running BIW for Pomona with black letters saying CAR on it.....

The below was sent to 4 people 2 responses, but 1 was him haw, and the other tried to get greedy , end of conversation. This info was sent about a month ago...so some is out of date, like classes and car status. As well as the driver status, which is now finalized. And the pic is from about a month ago, its just the only 1 I had with the hood in paint.

I have what may , or may not be a unique opportunity for you.

My name is Chris Wertman I am currently building Drag Pak #24, my father was the Purchaser of the #24 Challenger Drag Pak, the car has completed its initial build and just received its interior, trunk and engine compartment paint.

We plan to campaign the car across the country in all National NHRA events barring mechanical failure, as well as a significant amount of Regional events whose dates do not conflict with the National Schedule.
We will be campaigning the car in A/SA, B/SA with the 6.1 engine combo and D/SA, E/SA and F/SA with the 5.7 combo, we have a National record potential car across 5 CLASSES !

We have not as of yet decided on a paint scheme, or even a name for the car, the only name that has been thrown around is "Hemicidal Maniac" but were not sure about it. We are going to have the car "Wrapped" as not to alter the original "Body In White" of the car.

Last night I was thinking, as I often do, how to kill a whole lot of birds
with one stone.
Here are our issues.
1)We have no graphics background for design
2)We have concentrated our efforts on everything BUT appearance.
3)We would like to have the wrap "sponsored"
4)While we have extensive racing contacts, this car being a 2009 Challenger and a New Drag Pak car have much greater reach potential and exposure.

Here is what we have to offer.
1)Exposure for the participating site to run a contest for either or both,
Design of paint scheme and Name.
2)"Associate" or name based location for the backing site on the cars final wrap
3)National attention of both trade magazines and National Dragster as our car campaigns through the season
4)We are still finalizing driver details but it will be 1 of 2 National
Champions and record holders.

If this sounds like something you and your site may be interested in
discussing further I can be reached at

330-808-8487

The car has just been unmasked and will be detailed today and tomorrow as stated the car is all white at current, but the potential wraps give us for wild Graphics schemes is nearly unlimited but not permanent.

Chris Wertman
Managing Director
New Hemi Racing Group LLC

Re: Contest to NAME THIS CAR.....And come up with a "Theme" [Re: drooze] #569075
01/01/10 09:46 PM
01/01/10 09:46 PM
Kokomo,IN
StripeHOG Offline
mopar
StripeHOG  Offline
mopar

Kokomo,IN
New Breed Stampede

Andrew Brough D372 1969 Dodge Dart GTS 1.43 60'best 6.82 1/8 98mph "the light came on and I ran out of talent"
Re: Contest to NAME THIS CAR.....And come up with a "Theme" [Re: StripeHOG] #569076
01/01/10 09:48 PM
01/01/10 09:48 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Quote:

New Breed Stampede

That's a GREAT name... for a new MUSTANG.

Re: Contest to NAME THIS CAR.....And come up with a "Theme" [Re: BradH] #569077
01/01/10 10:23 PM
01/01/10 10:23 PM
Norton Ohio
D
drooze Offline OP
drooze  Offline OP
D

Norton Ohio
I thought about "Horse Eater" a one time name of a WWII German figher plane....and painting it something like this with ME190 or Focke Wulf markings.......

It got vetoed.......by the old man.....he didnt like of painting (or wrapping the car) to look intentionally beat up....the bike looked even better AFTER it had been laid down a few times...

Sorry pic not Moparts approved, was nice though.

Last edited by Diego_Ted; 01/02/10 12:40 PM.
Re: Contest to NAME THIS CAR.....And come up with a "Theme" [Re: StripeHOG] #569078
01/01/10 10:59 PM
01/01/10 10:59 PM
NC
440Jim Offline
I Live Here
440Jim  Offline
I Live Here

NC
How about "White Trash"? Get a sponsor from the garbage or recycling industry.

While people are posting for sponsors, if any company wants to sponsor my bracket car, it is available. Serious inquiries only... full resume available.

2009 Track Champion, Maryland International Raceway
"Diamond Jim", running eco-friendly, and anti-OPEC E85 fuel (85% ethanol, "flex fuel"). Distilled, not refined!

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1