12/23/09 01:16 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
Quote:

talked to the old boy doing these injection test again today. yesterday he did part 2 of getting his test mule kits certifide. he hired a local curcuit track & did an ecconomy test on his cars with & without the hydrogen kits installed. they drained the fuel from all the cars & then ran the engine till they stopped, then added a measured dose of fuel in the tank & had the drivers maintain 50 mph around the track till they ran out of fuel. then dragged them back to the startline, put the same measured dose of fuel & connected up the hydrogen injection. all the cars did 2 more laps minimum before they puttered out from no fuel again. the test curcuit was nearly 3 miles long so thats a good improvement from a bit of tap water huh? the measusered dose of fuel was 5 litres so thats just over a gallon for you guys. he said a rep from one of the fuel companies even showed up to watch & spent a lot of the time on the cellphone. must be getting nervous?

Links? videos? press coverage?

I could also sit here, and claim that I increased the mileage in my commuer 4 cylinder by 20% when I simply unplugged 1 injector on the engine, so only 3 cylinders are getting fuel.

and even better...now it lopes like a big block!

no pictures, no proof. I'll just sit here and tell you that I did it.

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: hydrogen injection [Re: 70Cuda383] #557225
12/23/09 01:42 PM
12/23/09 01:42 PM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

i just love it when people claim to have defied the laws of physics, that's why they're called laws not suggestions. i'm never one to squelch thinking outside the box there are just some things you don't/can't do. if there were any known way to beat the first law of thermodynamics or law of energy conservation it wouldn't be a secret that's for sure. perpetual energy...sorry guys not today

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: 70Cuda383] #557226
12/23/09 11:22 PM
12/23/09 11:22 PM
aotearoa
rebel Offline OP
master
rebel  Offline OP
master

aotearoa
Quote:

Links? videos? press coverage?

he has video of all the tests but until he has everything patented we will not be seeing anything till probably march. thats understandable as he doesn't want someone stealing his invention. i'd be the same. BUT i did find out it's not a steam vapour or the like but a true gas. he disconnected the hose off the water tank & put it into a ballooon & then started the car. the balloon started to inflate resonably quickly, not as fast as we could blow it up by mouth, but still it inflated at a steady rate & when we let the gas back out the ballooon was totally dry, no sign of any moisture at all. when the gas came out of the ballooon we held a lighter in front of the stream of gas & that lighter flame grew real big real fast. i dropped the lighter in fear of burning my fingers.
unstandably there will be disbelievers until it's released on the market as a certified addition to a combustion engine. the technology to actually do the extraction only became available last year so all previous inventions are stoneage by comparision. the emmissions test which i was shown, show the bmw runs at 1.2 on whatever scale they test on & with the hydrogen connected it dropped to 0.15. i'll admit it's over my head but seeing is believing. i've been told to go get a nos plate so we can do the adaption onto my engine for next season. so whats a good nos plate on the market?

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: rebel] #557227
12/24/09 12:01 AM
12/24/09 12:01 AM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
well...if your friend really did find a way to defy the laws of physics, good for him. He's about to be a very rich man, and if I were him, and this was real, I too would be keeping very tight seal on everything until AFTER I got my money.

Good luck with it. (I still don't think there is any merit to this system, and that there's no way it will ever work)

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: hydrogen injection [Re: DakFink] #557228
12/24/09 04:12 AM
12/24/09 04:12 AM
WA 98043
thecarfarmer Offline
super stock
thecarfarmer  Offline
super stock

WA 98043
Quote:

yes that may be all true!!
But you miss the Energy Potential of each fuel!!

Oxygen and Hydrogen pack a lot of energy potential in a small quantity.

As far as robbing energy from the alternator? What do you think it is doing the whole time the engine is running??? It is sitting there spinning whether you tap into it and use the electricity potential or not, it will set there spinning. It doesn't disconnect and take a break. Far as I see it letting it spin and not using it is more of a waist!!

Yes I have hear Alternators cause an engine to load up. And in each instance it is because the alternator was being overloaded itself. (Usually after a Dead battery, or external accessory was plugged in) Use the right size and you have no worries.

Ever hear an engine slow down a little at idle when the heater fan and lights are all turned on? Or the difference in idle speed when cooling fans kick on? Or when hooking up the jumper cables to that car with the dead battery?

That's the difference between an alternator just spinning, and being loaded.

All energy pulled out of an alternator comes from the crank, via the belt drive. Regardless of the temperature of the alternator.

It's been many years since chemistry and physics classes, but I can still recall this: molecules which release energy when they combine will take energy to break back down into their elemental components. If you don't want to take MY word for it, go look this stuff up. Or just ask someone who knows. You'll find 'em in any 200 level chem class at any reputable college.

Ask how much energy is required to separate O2 + 2XH2 from 2X H20. Then ask how much energy is released from combining that same amount of oxygen and hydrogen. And, how much energy is required to kick said reaction off.

If we could make MORE power by burning hydrogen than what it takes to break the water produced back into hydrogen and oxygen... we'd better throw all the laws of physics as we know 'em out the window. Because we'll have disproved the law of conservation of energy.

Oh, and probably made ourselves rich enough to buy Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and any half-dozen Saudi princes as our butler, gardener, and cabana boys.

The only plausible benefit I can imagine is that the oxygen and hydrogen released by the browns gas system is able to facilitate a cleaner/better/more homogeneous burn in the combustion chamber.

Oh, and it facilitates 'internet urinating contests'. But that's okay, since I've been drinking water all day, and just had a big cup of coffee...

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?
Re: hydrogen injection [Re: jamesc] #557229
12/24/09 09:36 AM
12/24/09 09:36 AM
Dirty South, MS
mopowered Offline
mopar
mopowered  Offline
mopar

Dirty South, MS
Quote:

i just love it when people claim to have defied the laws of physics... perpetual energy...sorry guys not today

I must have missed something but I didn't read that anyone claimed to do any such nonsense. If I'm not mistaken, the idea of increasing fuel economy by hydrogen injection is the topic at hand.

After you have seen hydrogen gas melt rocks and explode with a flame travel speed of over 10 times that of gasoline - you might start to step out of the box your mind has you in.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: mopowered] #557230
12/24/09 09:49 AM
12/24/09 09:49 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

i just love it when people claim to have defied the laws of physics... perpetual energy...sorry guys not today

I must have missed something but I didn't read that anyone claimed to do any such nonsense. If I'm not mistaken, the idea of increasing fuel economy by hydrogen injection is the topic at hand.

After you have seen hydrogen gas melt rocks and explode with a flame travel speed of over 10 times that of gasoline - you might start to step out of the box your mind has you in.

No the topic at hand is deriving the hydrogen gas from water-which is much more difficult and energy demanding than you seem to realize.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: BobR] #557231
12/24/09 10:05 AM
12/24/09 10:05 AM
Dirty South, MS
mopowered Offline
mopar
mopowered  Offline
mopar

Dirty South, MS
Let me put it to you a different way. If a car started out with say 300hp and was 75% efficient at best. If you decide to spend 5 or even 10hp to help get another 15% efficiency - would it be worth it?

And BTW after you do some research you will find that it doesn't take much current to split water when delivered appropriately.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: mopowered] #557232
12/24/09 10:30 AM
12/24/09 10:30 AM
IN
A
ahy Offline
master
ahy  Offline
master
A

IN
I don't know anything about "Brown's Gas" but Iknow a little about hydrogen as a fuel for recip engines. Some landfills produce gas high in hydrogen. Burning it in a gas engine is very difficult. High flame speed and hot burn mean detonation is a big issue. If Brown's gas actually got a meaningful amount of hydrogen in the engine, I don't think it would be very happy. Combined with the energy conversion discussion above it makes me :

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: mopowered] #557233
12/24/09 12:05 PM
12/24/09 12:05 PM
New York
polyspheric Offline
master
polyspheric  Offline
master

New York
you will find that it doesn't take much current to split water when delivered appropriately

Yes, there's a wide range of efficiency as to how the process is accomplished.
The amount of energy used to separate water can be as high as (insert google number here) if you accidentally ground your power source, or some other foolish error.
On the other end, it can be as efficient as to produce 99.99999% of the energy originally generated by burning the hydrogen - if you have an engine with a tiny little research lab inside with completely controlled conditions; otherwise, not.
How do you get 100.000% of the energy back? When the laws of physics (inductance, entropy) are repealed.
When do you get 100.001%?
Never, not ever.

What's really sad isn't the people here who believe that:
1. you can get something for nothing
2. a demonstration can't be faked
3. even if it could, this great guy would never do that merely to get a lot of money

What's tragic is that some guys have actually paid for this rights to this "system" and invested their own money in trying to retro-fit cars with it as a business.
Some of the reports (Youtube) are very depressing - the customers keep coming back and asking "where's the improvement?", etc. and the guy keeps making adjustments and excuses.
His investment, career, and business end in bankruptcy, and alienation of his customers.

Boffin Emeritus
Re: hydrogen injection [Re: polyspheric] #557234
12/24/09 01:57 PM
12/24/09 01:57 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

you will find that it doesn't take much current to split water when delivered appropriately

Yes, there's a wide range of efficiency as to how the process is accomplished.
The amount of energy used to separate water can be as high as (insert google number here) if you accidentally ground your power source, or some other foolish error.
On the other end, it can be as efficient as to produce 99.99999% of the energy originally generated by burning the hydrogen - if you have an engine with a tiny little research lab inside with completely controlled conditions; otherwise, not.
How do you get 100.000% of the energy back? When the laws of physics (inductance, entropy) are repealed.
When do you get 100.001%?
Never, not ever.

What's really sad isn't the people here who believe that:
1. you can get something for nothing
2. a demonstration can't be faked
3. even if it could, this great guy would never do that merely to get a lot of money

What's tragic is that some guys have actually paid for this rights to this "system" and invested their own money in trying to retro-fit cars with it as a business.
Some of the reports (Youtube) are very depressing - the customers keep coming back and asking "where's the improvement?", etc. and the guy keeps making adjustments and excuses.
His investment, career, and business end in bankruptcy, and alienation of his customers.

Nuff said. The rest is just white noise.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: BobR] #557235
12/24/09 02:10 PM
12/24/09 02:10 PM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
this topic is soooo misused I dont even know where to start cept see polys post
theres no free lunch!!!!physics is phisycs.
in my past life i worked with liquid and gaseous hydrogen and oxygen 5-9s purity as well as all the usual reox substances and can tell you that while getting HUGE!! power gains and energy outputs from combos, getting the pure forms and contaning and making use of that energy takes 3-5 times the consumed BTUs to make it work practly.

yes I ran my lincoln on injecter H2 and also injected O2 and Acetone. it was killer power and still runs but all my supplies were (Free)
like the wind farms making "free"wind power take sevweal million megawatts to produce the materials and equipt to erect them and the magnets in them produce tons of toxic waste which will last 1000s of years so in reality its just a shift of the problem not a true gain of anythine at all.
the only "free power is when we heat our "free dead squirrel sandwich lunch in the sun on the ground.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: mopowered] #557236
12/24/09 08:35 PM
12/24/09 08:35 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

Quote:

the last unit i worked (catalytic reforming unit) made hydrogen as a byproduct, about 1200 mscfh. the heater required to run the process was larger than most people's homes, fired at a rate of about 250,000,000 BTU per hour, had a stack 12 feet in diameter and about 125 feet tall. in other words it consumed enough energy to heat a good sized town. i don't claim to be an expert but afaik there are basically two different forms of hydrogen. H2 and electrolytic or atomic which is what you get from electrolysis, that is what's being discussed here. electrolysis of hydrogen is a net loss of energy, it takes more energy to run the process than the hydrogen it produces releases when burned. as for flame travel speed that's not necessarily a positive in an internal combustion engine. if it's too fast the flame front/shockwave will compress the gases in front of it severely enough to cause autoignition from the heat generated. then the two flame fronts will collide resulting in a thinning of your wallet due to replacing broken parts. internal combustion engines don't like detonation. everyone wants something for nothing it's just natural, it does however defy the laws of physics and to the best of my knowledge not a single one of these laws has ever been broken.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: jamesc] #557237
02/10/10 03:18 PM
02/10/10 03:18 PM
Dirty South, MS
mopowered Offline
mopar
mopowered  Offline
mopar

Dirty South, MS

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: mopowered] #557238
02/10/10 04:01 PM
02/10/10 04:01 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

for people that don't understand the laws of physics (and that's being nice) these quotes are from your link.

Quote:

the stations cost as much as $3 million to install and rely on private funding to make it happen

Quote:

will be able to fill 10 to 15 vehicles per day

and then of course that's only for people who's vehicle is modified to run on hydrogen.

no one here says you can't separate the hydrogen and oxygen in water (or run a car on hydrogen), it's a well established fact that this can be done. it's also a well established fact that it takes more electrical energy to do this than the hydrogen it generates contains. i don't know what stations you fill up at but around here 10-15 vehicles is barely 5 minutes worth. i doubt anyone could argue that the amount of energy the sun radiates to the earth is staggering and could power everything we do...harnessing it is another story. and for those that think the fossil fuel industry squelches solar energy get real. if there were viable cost and production efficient methods of generating energy from the sun the oil industry would be all over it. do you have even a small clue as to cost of exploration, shipping, refining and distribution of fossil fuels? what about the zillions of dollars the auto industry spends on emission controls that wouldn't be needed? you think Exxon Mobil is making money now? just what do you think they'd be making if their raw material was freely falling out of the sky over the entire surface of the planet?

i'm done with this one, peace

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: jamesc] #557239
02/10/10 05:24 PM
02/10/10 05:24 PM
Oakland, MI
D
dizuster Offline
master
dizuster  Offline
master
D

Oakland, MI
My head hurts from banging it against the keyboard...

Ignorant people don't bother me. They don't know any better.

It's the stupid ones that won't listen that kill me.

Polysphere (and others) you guys have WAY more patience then I do.

I did want to correct one thing that was mentioned though. Hydrogen does have more BTU's per mass then gasoline has. However it has MUCH lower BTU per volume then gasoline. Hydrogen under 10,000psi of pressure (in a 1 gallon container) has about 25% of the energy 1 gallon of gasoline has. Even liquid hydrogen only has about 1/3 of the energy.

I'm going over to speedtalk to make myself feel better...

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: dizuster] #557240
02/10/10 06:43 PM
02/10/10 06:43 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
I just popped back into this thread and really can't be bothered to read all the posts by the know-it-alls who haven't tried this but are convinced there is no advantage to Hydrogen fuel or the cost effectiveness of generating it. Let me say this ... In my business I have run into a few (yes, FEW ... that's 3) people who have built and are running hydrogen generators in their vehicles. These are 3 different vehicles - a minivan, a full-size pickup and a 5.0 mustang. In every case they claim both performance and SIGNIFICANT improvements in fuel economy. So, you can listen to the "theories" of all the physicists you want but I'll take the word of an "experienced" high-school dropout any day.

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: 70Cuda383] #557241
02/10/10 08:20 PM
02/10/10 08:20 PM
virginia
T
tigger1 Offline
tigger1  Offline
T

virginia
Hydrogen is a fuel, it is not a hydrocarbon like methane or gasoline but it is still a fuel. Mix it with oxygen and it burns. If you set your carb lean and add hydrogen of course you will go farther. It is NOT better fuel mileage because you had to add fuel.

Twin turbo 440 72 barracuda
Re: hydrogen injection [Re: tigger1] #557242
02/10/10 10:27 PM
02/10/10 10:27 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
If they had 15 cars every single day spend just $55 each then they can have the "initial" investment paid for in 10 years, this does not include maintnance, anual taxes, water, someone to man the place, insurance, electrodes that will wear out and will not be cheap...

I don't see them haveing 1 car a day any time soon and still not 15 cars a day in 10 years, remember back in 85 we thought we would be all flying around in our cars by 2015? I saw that in a movie so just another 5 years and it will be true! Oh yeah we will have hover boards instead of skate boards and food re-hydrators instead of microwaves.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: hydrogen injection [Re: HotRodDave] #557243
02/11/10 12:06 AM
02/11/10 12:06 AM
New York
polyspheric Offline
master
polyspheric  Offline
master

New York
"The plan" isn't to get cars to run on more efficient hydrogen.
It's to have the taxpayer subsidize the hydrogen stations. After that they don't care if there are any cars.

Boffin Emeritus
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4