Sooner state
S
Slim Smitty Offline
mopar
Slim Smitty  Offline
mopar
S

Sooner state
I didn't realize just how wide those things were. That's an engine bay full of exhaust manifolds!

Not as pretty when sitting in the engine bay compared to being on the engine stand.

That's super cool though that you have some pics. Thanks for sharing.

On the chrome MW air cleaner option, I've done some looking around and some people seem to think chrome lids were a 64 option. Not sure if it's true, but with all the chrome promo pix - dating from '62, you would think they would have at least been an option at some point. But I don't claim to know anything for sure.

- - - - - - - 65 Coronet
Re: Max wedge air cleaners [Re: Slim Smitty] #551862
12/15/09 02:01 AM
12/15/09 02:01 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
No problem, the pics were shared with me by another Moparts member, I'm just paying forward the favor

As far as the air cleaners go, I haven't seen any literature showing them as an option, I REALLY don't think they were optional on any year, however I don't doubt for a second that they were available over the counter. With such an easy part to swap out it's hard to provide any kind of solid proof unless there's some kind of rock solid documentation to back it up.

Re: Max wedge air cleaners [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #551863
12/15/09 09:43 PM
12/15/09 09:43 PM
USA
M
max Offline
super gas
max  Offline
super gas
M

USA
Quote:

No problem, the pics were shared with me by another Moparts member, I'm just paying forward the favor

As far as the air cleaners go, I haven't seen any literature showing them as an option, I REALLY don't think they were optional on any year, however I don't doubt for a second that they were available over the counter. With such an easy part to swap out it's hard to provide any kind of solid proof unless there's some kind of rock solid documentation to back it up.

Scott, those are neat photos and the first ones i have ever seen that were actual on a car. talk about a nightmare to change the spark plugs.

i have only seen a couple of those manifolds in person over the years at swap meets and they were singles with a major price tag on them.

my mind isn't as good as it once was and that was several years ago when i talked with that late family friend when he mentioned his chrome lids were over the counter units, so as menitoned there isn't any documentation to back my statement.

what is truely sad is the fact i know where that factory 1963 MW car (body only) is and it has somewhere around 40k actual miles on it. coarse it is buried under tons of fill dirt so you can only imgine what it would look like today.

Page 2 of 2 1 2