Roswell, GA - near Atlanta
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

roof

5838415-50.jpg (176 downloads)

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545111
03/02/10 12:16 PM
03/02/10 12:16 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

other side

5840522-49.jpg (175 downloads)

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545112
03/02/10 06:48 PM
03/02/10 06:48 PM
Newark DE
D
Dogpro Offline
enthusiast
Dogpro  Offline
enthusiast
D

Newark DE
WOW! That looks great I bet when it gets cut and buffed it is really gonna shine keep up the updates

Lou P.
Newark DE
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: Dogpro] #545113
03/02/10 08:48 PM
03/02/10 08:48 PM
Connecticut
biginchmotor Offline
super stock
biginchmotor  Offline
super stock

Connecticut
Nice work, thanks for posting the pictures, John.

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: biginchmotor] #545114
04/11/10 10:52 AM
04/11/10 10:52 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Any Updates? It's been over a month since the last updates...should be almost finished now...shouldn't it?

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: anlauto] #545115
04/11/10 12:31 PM
04/11/10 12:31 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Thanks for the bump Alan. This is a very special car with very special parts needs.

The owner wanted to supply all of his own parts, which we are fine with. Unfortunately, his Grandfather passed and he had to take care of his family obligations first, so the car sat and sat.

Now the parts are starting to roll in again and I'll be posting updates at the end of this week!

Maybe I'll keep you interested with a few photos of the HEMI we are building for him.

Stay Tuned...

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545116
04/11/10 01:48 PM
04/11/10 01:48 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

OK ladies and gentlemen, here we have a custom built 588 inch Fire-Breathing HEMI!!!

It has a Bryant Billet 4.675 inch stroker crank with matching steel H beam rods and custom made Venolia Forged Pistons. The bottom end is balanced up to 10,000 RPM's.

The cam is a solid lifter roller with a custom proprietary grind - Sorry, we can't reveal the specs.

When we post the dyno sheets, you'll see why.

This is going to be a pump gas screamer!

5919656-0_7.jpg (104 downloads)

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545117
04/11/10 01:49 PM
04/11/10 01:49 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

How about the bottom?

5919661-0_3.jpg (121 downloads)

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545118
04/11/10 01:52 PM
04/11/10 01:52 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Cool Cam-O-Ramma...

5919664-0_1.jpg (137 downloads)

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545119
04/11/10 01:53 PM
04/11/10 01:53 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Nice cross-hatching for the Dykes Rings.

5919665-0_5.jpg (109 downloads)

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545120
04/11/10 01:55 PM
04/11/10 01:55 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Clearanced for Roller Lifters and large diameter ARP stud set. Enjoy.

5919667-0_4.jpg (123 downloads)

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545121
04/15/10 11:06 PM
04/15/10 11:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

We have recently made it a policy to show all of our Mopar restorations on this site....

Hey Tim! I actually went to your site to admire your work and was quickly taken back with what I found! For a brief moment I thought I had inadvertently logged onto MY website.

I certainly appreciate the fact that other people use our work/vehicles as a reference model but don't you think it is a bit misleading to advertise my car (as your work) on the cover page of your website? I can assure everyone here that you had absolutely no involvement with the restoration of my Challenger nor did you ever contact me and ask permission to use my (Challenger) under chassis photo. Besides the unethical aspect of what you are advertising, your customers should not be fooled into thinking that they will receive a job which is not representative of your work. Doing things like this can come back to affect you and your business in a negative way. You might want to remove my car from the homepage of your website! Thank you.

Dave Walden
ECS

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545122
04/16/10 12:08 AM
04/16/10 12:08 AM
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Dave it's a known fact that Tim and his crew do OE Quality restorations the same as your Challenger except with a more affordable price tag.
Most likely the only reason they decided to use a picture of yours is because they haven't finished an OE level Mopar yet....It's in the works

I wouldn't worry too much about the picture as 80% of it is covered up

sarcasm intended

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! #545123
04/16/10 05:02 AM
04/16/10 05:02 AM
Q
quick77rt Offline
Parts Problem
quick77rt  Offline
Parts Problem
Q

GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

We have recently made it a policy to show all of our Mopar restorations on this site....

Hey Tim! I actually went to your site to admire your work and was quickly taken back with what I found! For a brief moment I thought I had inadvertently logged onto MY website.

I certainly appreciate the fact that other people use our work/vehicles as a reference model but don't you think it is a bit misleading to advertise my car (as your work) on the cover page of your website? I can assure everyone here that you had absolutely no involvement with the restoration of my Challenger nor did you ever contact me and ask permission to use my (Challenger) under chassis photo. Besides the unethical aspect of what you are advertising, your customers should not be fooled into thinking that they will receive a job which is not representative of your work. Doing things like this can come back to affect you and your business in a negative way. You might want to remove my car from the homepage of your website! Thank you.

Dave Walden
ECS

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! #545124
04/16/10 08:29 AM
04/16/10 08:29 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

Dave Walden
ECS

I am 100% with Dave on this one. You need to take that photo off your site. It can be somewhat misleading. At the very least you should have asked his permission to use the car on the site and credited the person just the same-that is if he agreed to actually allow you to use it. I would think that even if the photo wasn't copyrighted, it would be the "right thing to do", to ask the persons permission to use it.

MB

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: HPMike] #545125
04/16/10 08:43 AM
04/16/10 08:43 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave Walden
ECS

I am 100% with Dave on this one. You need to take that photo off your site. It can be somewhat misleading. At the very least you should have asked his permission to use the car on the site and credited the person just the same-that is if he agreed to actually allow you to use it. I would think that even if the photo wasn't copyrighted, it would be the "right thing to do", to ask the persons permission to use it.

MB

Wow! I'm really surprised he would use your photo...

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! *DELETED* [Re: Challenger 1] #545126
04/16/10 12:32 PM
04/16/10 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Post deleted by DLW 4 REAL

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! #545127
04/16/10 01:34 PM
04/16/10 01:34 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline
master

South Dakota
this might get fun to watch!!!!

Contact Me about AMD Prices
Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #545128
04/16/10 02:12 PM
04/16/10 02:12 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

My apologies to Dave and anyone else offended by the photo.

As indicated in several postings, the website is a work in progress that I've just started working on and I did not intend for anyone to think that we were trying to take credit for Dave's work at ECS.

It was a bad choice of photos to use as a "holder" spot on the home page. The package I'm using to create the site required a very specific size photo to fill the home page and it was the first one I found that was that size. I admire Dave's work and that photo is the background on my own personal computer.

We are documentaing all of our restoration work on this site and this site only. We are not listed in any search engines yet. Anyone who saw our site would have had to come using the links on my postings here and I don't think that anyone on here doesn't know Dave's work. (PS. Dave, I think if you'll check your emails from the past, you'll find me complementing you on your work on more than one occasion.)

I'm pulling the photo now.

There is no excuse for using Dave's photo except that I thought I'd replace it with one of ours right away. It was the only photo of any kind on the site as I just had not gotten back to it.

I've had to move my parents from FL into Memory Care and Assisted Living here in GA and on my way back, I just got word last night that my sister-in-law was found dead in Sacramento, CA.

I have a month or more of photos to post here as soon as time allows.

Thanks to all for understanding.

Tim

Re: AMCR - AMERICAN SUPER CAR Build !!! [Re: cloneguy] #545129
04/16/10 03:43 PM
04/16/10 03:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi Tim,
I hate to hear about the tough times you are going through. I pray that everything will go well with you and your family. I want to say that I am humbled that you used my car but I was blindsided by the news because you didn't let me know about it. You are more than welcome to any pictures that will help you or your company. If you would be kind enough to give me a heads up I have no problem with that whatsoever. You would not believe how many of my products and company correspondence have been pirated by people that I do not even know. It has become a touchy subject around here for me and my employees. (Anyone remember the recent ordeal where a guy tried to tell everyone that HE was manufacturing our VIN decals for us? Unbelievable!)

Again, I don't mind if you use our photos to convey a MOPAR type of restoration theme on your site. You can never tell a person's intent until they have made it known! Thanks for coming here to explain this and I wish you the best with everything going on in your life. If I can ever be of assistance with anything please let me know. Take care, be careful and have a good weekend Tim!!

DW

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7