11/01/09 11:14 AM
ELYRIA,OH
B
blownzoom440 Offline
blownzoom440  Offline
B

ELYRIA,OH
Quote:

I think I have hit the limits on what I want to do with my Charger and am now considering a different direction. I have a very nice 71 dart mini tubbed and roller. Thinking maybe 511 lowdeck with pro charger and indy heads. Problem is I don't know a thing about them. How does it work? Do you have to keep a water tank full all the time? Can a stock block half filled stand up to this combo? Cost??? What compression to build motor? Any advice would be helpfull. I am a year away from starting an engine combo, but already dreaming. Thanks, JP

you are smart to plan ahead and findout what you need.do you have a base engine with good rods,pistons you can start with and get it running and then step up the program with the engine?

Re: procharger [Re: blownzoom440] #512529
11/01/09 12:16 PM
11/01/09 12:16 PM
wisconsin
J
jp66charger Offline OP
jp66charger  Offline OP
J

wisconsin
68dartturbo, thank you very much. That is just the kind of info I needed to start planning. Metalstorm, no I don't have any part yet. Car was heading towards 340w/4speed(I have) street car. Trying to keep pushing my Charger faster without losing the street and hacking interior is becoming unappealing. Finally deciding to keep street street and build all out race. Part of my reasoning is I had a plane crash this summer and a caged safe ride has become important. The reason this will all wait one year is the replacement plane is gobbling the budget, if you thought race cars were expensive.....

Re: procharger [Re: jp66charger] #512530
11/01/09 12:35 PM
11/01/09 12:35 PM
ELYRIA,OH
B
blownzoom440 Offline
blownzoom440  Offline
B

ELYRIA,OH
thanks.i kept the stock block and just added eagle rods and wiseco pistons with the factory steel crank,arp studs,stock main caps to start.i ran that at 800+hp for 3 yrs 250 passes and then added a girdle,440source crank for 1 yr and 60 passes.i then added a roller cam going from .559 lift to .646 and got the video in my sig on the dyno at koffels place but have only made 10 passes as of then.so the bolck has hewldup well i think but i am going to a KP440 this winter so i can forget about any block issues at whatever level of HP i want.

Re: procharger [Re: jp66charger] #512531
11/02/09 11:05 AM
11/02/09 11:05 AM
Northeast
F
fastfish Offline
enthusiast
fastfish  Offline
enthusiast
F

Northeast
Quote:

68dartturbo, thank you very much. That is just the kind of info I needed to start planning. Metalstorm, no I don't have any part yet. Car was heading towards 340w/4speed(I have) street car. Trying to keep pushing my Charger faster without losing the street and hacking interior is becoming unappealing. Finally deciding to keep street street and build all out race. Part of my reasoning is I had a plane crash this summer and a caged safe ride has become important. The reason this will all wait one year is the replacement plane is gobbling the budget, if you thought race cars were expensive.....

Streetable? Check. (we drive our car 5000-6000 miles a summer on top of racing her)

[image]http:http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/sdconcepts/DSC04740.jpg//[/image]

stock block and crank? check. (nicely seasoned 383 block and crank from ma mopar of course "prepped" to handle boost)

durable? check. (our combo with our D3M blower has been together for over 8 years now running 8's on 12 rib stuff...no cog stuff)

[image]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/sdconcepts/chally_851_at_158DSC04606.jpgp://[/image]

Our interior is all there so our kid can come with us. Our car weighs in at almost 3600#'s. It's not a gutted "race car". It's an all steel bodied (except hood) street car with a full interior. Our power to weight ratio is up there. We can take our engine and put it in a car that weighs 200-300 #'s less than ours and it will run 7's all day long. Easily.

We've been a ProCharger dealer for 15 years and have been supercharging mopars for that long. We were doing it way before it was "cool" to do! LOL! Our focus is on durability, performance, streetability, and reliability while using "average" parts and not pushing them outside their means. If we can build it that way, we can certainly build it with all race parts, too. Depends on how fat your wallet is!

We also offer a twin turbo system that is in the $6k range. Being boost experts, we offer options.

check out our website: horsepower happens here

and also on youtube:
horsepower happens here youtube

If interested in our turbo stuff, here's a youtube video of a car we just completed:

TT Duster

Any questions, let us know.

73 Challenger 8.518 @ 158MPH, 1970 turbo duster in the works...check us out at www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
and www.facebook.com/sdconcepts
We can also be seen in the December 2008 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine!
Re: procharger [Re: jp66charger] #512532
11/02/09 11:09 AM
11/02/09 11:09 AM
Muskegon MI
S
SMRE Performance Offline
SMRE Performance  Offline
S

Muskegon MI
Quote:

Plan for this car is light weight and race only. Already have one 4260# street strip car, so this one will be under 3000# and shooting for mid 9's. Found a couple articles which helped answer some ?'s. Looks like factory block is out but I don't know that for sure and cannot find a price for one of these kits. Thanks, JP

Hello JP,
Please feel free to contact CJ here, and pick is brain. He's often very busy in the shop, but get's back via email/pm pretty quickly. He can give you some ideas on what will get you where you want to go and give pricing, so you can have some ideas. I realize you aren't going to be pulling the trigger on this for another year or so, and may hesitate to contact someone based on that. Truthfully, that's pretty common and we don't mind to work hard to earn your business. If you would like his direct e-mail, it is cj@smreperformance.com We look forward to hearing how this project turns out for you.

Kim Turk
SMRE Performance

Re: procharger [Re: 68DARTTURBO] #512533
11/02/09 11:14 AM
11/02/09 11:14 AM
Muskegon MI
S
SMRE Performance Offline
SMRE Performance  Offline
S

Muskegon MI
Quote:

Is SM still with RE or is steve somewere else

SM has been gone from here for over a year now. Last, I heard he was working for Kyle Kirker.

Page 2 of 2 1 2