10/13/09 02:40 PM
Omaha, Nebraska
Scott Carl Offline
pro stock
Scott Carl  Offline
pro stock

Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:

.....but I'm kinda wondering about the white paint on the floorboard and no overspray on the parts...........

If the re-paint was done as part of a complete re-build, (interior removed) it would explain the lack of over-spray. Just a thought

Re: RARE 70 CUDA CONVERTIBLE ? HELP WANTED ! [Re: autoxcuda] #495465
10/13/09 02:46 PM
10/13/09 02:46 PM
Colorado
D
denfireguy Offline
top fuel
denfireguy  Offline
top fuel
D

Colorado
I am thinking with the handful of Mopars exported to Europe, there were not a lot of duplications. My local dealer would not order ten cars of the same color and model and I bet he sold more cars than all the importers in Europe did. So if it is not one of one, it probably is one of at most 10 which would still be pretty rare in my book. After all these years, it very well could be survivor one of one.
Makes me wonder, though, how many Mopars got there being brought over by GIs and other expats as opposed to Europeans ordering one from an importer.
With Mother Mopar's lack of record keeping, at least records that have survived, we may never know. That is why the registries are so valuable. At least the survivors can be documented.
Craig

Last edited by denfireguy; 10/13/09 02:48 PM.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado
Re: RARE 70 CUDA CONVERTIBLE ? HELP WANTED ! [Re: denfireguy] #495466
10/13/09 02:58 PM
10/13/09 02:58 PM
Athens, Greece
Pyper70 Offline
master
Pyper70  Offline
master

Athens, Greece
My buddies 71 Challenger was brought over in the mid 80s by a GI who brought it in salvaged condition to avoid paying the taxes on it. It arrived as a shell with the engine and trans out of the hull. Sat in the Federal scrap yard while the paperwork was done and then it went home with the soldier. A few years later the guy wants to sell the car but the original 4speed is out of the car and the 727 is hooked up to the 383 (original). My buddies dad bought the car for the equivalent for 2500USD back in 1988 AND a bottle of tequila. Been in his family ever since. Restoration beginning this winter as I loaded up a crate full of parts for his engine, suspension, and interior/body so we can bring her back to original. Original Red, Black interior, Black rag top. He wanted to paint it Plum Crazy but I talked him out of it.

To this day he pays the road tax of 50 bucks on his car because in 1988 the biggest engine registered from Chrysler of France (dunno why it was named from France) was 1800 cc's.

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s
Re: RARE 70 CUDA CONVERTIBLE ? HELP WANTED ! [Re: Scott Carl] #495467
10/14/09 06:33 AM
10/14/09 06:33 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi There GUYS !

Yeb correct the car was completly repainted ( not restored ) in 1980-82 by its first owner ( im third)but as i rubbed away some paint under the hood the original colour was still there !
( see pick ).

Il explain the whole story on the car later , but is was imported by the official 70's AUSTRIA importer / dealer in that period. Althoughh you would expect the car beeing shipped to Rotterdam ( Holland) were Chrysler in these years had a factory-districhannel, and than shipped through to Schinznach SWISS , were MOST cars would get final assemblie and some EU changes needed were made for each individual country etc.. This car is however a real Export car, because it has all its tags, vincodes, and buildsgheet, were other MOST EU cars didnt have that because the were end assembled overhere and that meant NO fendertags NO US-Vincode ( but just part of the number) and NO buildsheet ( the worked on another platform ).
The car is even rarer because it had some changes
made for the Austria market as stated in the first
post...Question is.. did the do that in the states... or in Austria....

So that alone states a rare care..

MY 1 of 1 thought is not so crazy, not only! ( although also important) in options ( alot..) and colourcode, but mostly by maybe ? the only 383 4bbl convertible autotrans, export for europa car wich came out the factory in those days...
BUT, its not that i think thats most important !, but just very fun to now !..

We over here have less info on some detailed info of the chrylser plants, and the varies options and numbers build..

Re: RARE 70 CUDA CONVERTIBLE ? HELP WANTED ! #495468
10/14/09 11:34 AM
10/14/09 11:34 AM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
You need to get over the 1 of 1 fetish - do they have Mopar Collector's Guide there? When I lived in Amsterdam, I don't recall MCG there but who knows?

I think you should be more than giddy about the fact that you have a rare American car originally imported to Europe. And, most certainly, we need people like you to keep the flame alive, so don't water down or puff up what you own because it can stand on its own merits. Plus, with Ola, you're in good hands.

Re: RARE 70 CUDA CONVERTIBLE ? HELP WANTED ! [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #495469
10/15/09 02:20 PM
10/15/09 02:20 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Its not a fetis Diego... ...

Bu t it's just nice to now how rare the car is, i rather have a 1-1 car than 1-100000000 camaro's etc. any day !. And ofcourse i dont mean 1:1 because it has an empty ashtray or other doorknobs than standard...

Also, for me, its not like i dont like the car anymore if it's 1 of 100 or more etc , bijt its more to find out more about the car in general.

We have a live Moparscene in Europa ( Netherlands and Germany, Danmark / sweden particulary.. and
offcourse we have some less knowledge of details
than you guys...

Yeb.,. i hope to find out more from Ola and other
cuda conv owners about THEIR cars and options to !

COME GUYS : INPUT INPUT !!!...

Last edited by moparts; 10/15/09 02:58 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2