Candler,NC / Myrtle Beach, SC
J
JDMopar Offline
master
JDMopar  Offline
master
J

Motor Parts South is the company that had this carpet developed to start with a few years ago. It's nice carpet...light years ahead of the old ACC stuff. I bet you will like it.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46842
11/26/09 04:04 AM
11/26/09 04:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ACS Dorsett was bought by ACC and are the folks responsible for the proper fit and correct construction of the carpet. ACS does not sell to the public. This is where just about every set of carpeting comes from. I have worked with the other firms mentioned here in an attempt to have factory "like" carpeting manufactured. We have stopped ordering carpet at this time because we are moving to a newly built/larger facility at the end of December. We are reducing our larger inventory items in an effort to make the move easier. Every set of carpet is stocked and packaged in a double corrugated box that measures 74" X 34" X 12". After we are established in the new location we will start ordering a new supply, contingent on the demand. I do not believe that ANY other carpet distributor offers the "shipped flat" carpet that we do. The others roll and smash the factory contours out of the carpet by compressing and forcing it into small boxes. I hope this clears up some of the information regarding our carpeting line. Thanks!!

Dave Walden
ECS Automotive Concepts LLC

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46843
11/26/09 12:18 PM
11/26/09 12:18 PM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
Thanks for clearing that up Dave. I'm still looking forward to getting my 70 Challenger carpet from you after the car is painted. Like you said, the carpet takes up a bit of space, and I don't have anywhere to put it until it can go in the car.
Thanks for everything.

Tav

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: cataclysm80] #46844
01/06/10 12:07 AM
01/06/10 12:07 AM
Pa.
340cpe Offline
mopar
340cpe  Offline
mopar

Pa.
Well I just finished my installation of a Motor Parts South carpet in my 71 Super Bee. I do not know what to say. It is wonderful. Can you believe that it ACTUALLY FITS THE CONTOUR OF THE FLOOR PAN!! Not like the trim parts SH** that I threw out. I have a four speed car and the fit around the shifter hump is flawlwss and the heel pad matches my original perfectly. Motor Parts South you have certainly done your homework on this project. I hope Eric at Legendary Auto is reading this post and you cancel your trim parts contract, they certainly do not live up to the standards of your manufactured material, but this carpet will. You should look into distributing this product. For anyone interested; Motor Parts South there phone# 704-435-2692 You will not be disappointed!!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46845
01/07/10 11:05 PM
01/07/10 11:05 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
since it's a diffrent company, can you post pictures of your carpet for a comparison?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: migsBIG] #46846
01/07/10 11:43 PM
01/07/10 11:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi Miguel,
I originally worked with Geoff at MPS (about four years ago) to offer original style carpet. We parted ways because they were not able to offer the correct die-electrically sealed heel pad. They were only able to offer the stitched version which is incorrect for 70 and later E Bodies. I started working with Randall Bates just before Dorsett was bought out by ACC. ACS Dorsett was the manufacturer that supplied the carpet to MPS and a couple of other companies. When ACC bought Dorsett, they took over all rights to the "correct" style of 80/20 loop carpeting. ECS continued to work ACC to get the correct shape and style of heel pad. We also made sure that enough carpet would extend to the outside perimeters to guarantee that enough material would exist to do the complete job.
Unless I am totally in the dark on this one, I believe other companies are riding our coat-tails with regards to the work WE pioneered to bring this carpet to market. I believe we are also the only company that ships this product flat (never rolled) to ensure that the preformed shape will not be compromised by squeezing and forcing it into a small box. I would certainly be interested in knowing how these other companies are shipping the carpet to their customers and if the incorrect heel pad "attachment" dilima has been resolved.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46847
01/08/10 12:17 AM
01/08/10 12:17 AM
Pa.
340cpe Offline
mopar
340cpe  Offline
mopar

Pa.
Miguel I will try and get a picture posted this weekend. DLW4Real; When I ordered the carpet I was asked if I wanted the heel pad stiched, die-electrically attached or both. The heel pad is also an EXACT duplicate of my original. I obviously have tried trim parts which I will never do business with again I literally threw the carpet out. I have also tried an ACC in my 74 4speed charger and probably fit worse than the trim parts. I have to give credit where it is due this carpet really fits and I mean the contours of the floor pan with PLENTY of material for trimming. Finally it was not shipped flat although it was in a box at least twice as big as the trim parts junk and I was told that it was freshly molded so when I received it I removed it from the box and layed it out. Another option I was given was to have the jute attached or unattached. I opted for the unattached as my original padding was in exceptional condition. Prior to ordering this carpet I did try ECS per this post. I was told they were not taking any orders for any new carpets at this time, and the time was in the early part of December, as they were moving to a different building and did not know when or if they would be back in the carpet business. This is when I got out my older MCG's and found the phone# for Motor Parts South. Bottom line this is a fine product.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46848
01/08/10 02:00 AM
01/08/10 02:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I have also tried an ACC in my 74 4speed charger and probably fit worse than the trim parts. I have to give credit where it is due this carpet really fits and I mean the contours of the floor pan with PLENTY of material for trimming.

340cpe,
You probably are referring to the old product offered by ACC. Unless MPS has suddenly become a carpet manufacturer, I would be willing to bet that the product you received is actually being manufactured by ACC. I have read comments from individuals who claimed our glass didn't fit and in the very next sentence state that the glass they received from JRD was a perfect fit. That was quite comical in the fact that our glass products are custom fabricated by JRD for our particular applications! You would be surprised how many times I see people contradict their own testimonials by not realizing that they are comparing the same products!! The carpet and glass are the only items that we do NOT manufacture in house. 98% of our offerings are made at our facility to ensure quality control, otherwise we would end up selling the same products that twenty other distributors are advertising. Price (rather than quality) suddenly becomes the primary selling point. In the end it is the consumer that ends up on the short side of the equation. As you conveyed in your last statement however, customer satisfaction and quality is the bottom line objective!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Hemiken] #46849
01/10/10 03:31 AM
01/10/10 03:31 AM
Vancouver BC
D
dreekr Offline
dreekr  Offline
D

Vancouver BC
I just installed ecs carpet in my 70 challenger and I can tell you it is by far the best I have ever installed the fit is unbelievable. The extra material is a bonus. installation is short and sweet.........THANKS ECS

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: dreekr] #46850
01/29/10 11:40 PM
01/29/10 11:40 PM
Pa.
340cpe Offline
mopar
340cpe  Offline
mopar

Pa.

This is a motorparts south carpet. If you notice has also got the correct heel pad and fits perfectly around hte shifter tunnel. It Really Fits GREAT!!!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46851
01/30/10 12:24 PM
01/30/10 12:24 PM
ontario, canada
4spdragtop Offline
4spdragtop  Offline

ontario, canada
Quote:

This is a motorparts south carpet. If you notice has also got the correct heel pad and fits perfectly around hte shifter tunnel. It Really Fits GREAT!!!

Looks like an awesome fit! Do they have a website? I tried the google thing, and couldnt find a site??
Thanks

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 4spdragtop] #46852
01/30/10 09:40 PM
01/30/10 09:40 PM
J
JDMopar Offline
master
JDMopar  Offline
master
J

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like an awesome fit! Do they have a website? I tried the google thing, and couldnt find a site??
Thanks

Motor Parts South 704-435-2692 Geoff, Dennis or Bill

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46853
02/01/10 01:12 PM
02/01/10 01:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since this is a thread on ECS Carpet and it's quality appearance and features, I though it fitting (pun intended) to show a side by side comparison photo. Notice how our carpet does not bow and hump up along the straight part of the stitched edge. When you see that area exhibit an uneven appearance, you can be sure that the carpet has been folded during shipping! Even without the sill plate installed, our carpet hugs the contoured shape of the floor pan. The back of the carpet is constructed with a hot glue type material and once it is rolled and squeezed into an under sized container, the crisp shape will never completely look as it did when it was manufactured. Our carpet is NEVER rolled/folded from the time it is manufactured to the time it is delivered to our Customers. Would it make sense for your dry cleaners to press your shirts, fold them, stuff them in a box and then ship them to you? While some may think these differences are subtle, it can make the difference in using a product that looks like a Reproduction or a "Factory Exact" part!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46854
02/01/10 02:47 PM
02/01/10 02:47 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Unless you have driven a car with power steering, you won't relize what you're missing. I've done a pile of ebodies and I can tell you once you go flat you'll never go back. I've installed 2 sets so far and waiting on the third, absolutely no comparison.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: HEMICUDA] #46855
02/01/10 07:55 PM
02/01/10 07:55 PM
Sacramento,California
JRepucci Offline
master
JRepucci  Offline
master

Sacramento,California
I'm sold on the ship flat carpet... How do I order it?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: JRepucci] #46856
02/01/10 10:02 PM
02/01/10 10:02 PM
waukon iowa
1hot68 Offline
1hot68  Offline

waukon iowa
Call ECS and order it. The # is 636 207 7767........I got mine about a month ago. Im not ready to install it yet,but it sure looks like a nice deal. Gotta be better than the rolled up stuff.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: JDMopar] #46857
02/02/10 06:38 PM
02/02/10 06:38 PM
Pa.
340cpe Offline
mopar
340cpe  Offline
mopar

Pa.
I will say that the motorparts south carpet fit the contours of the floor pan perfectly. The picture of a black carpet in a poorly lit area did not do the picture justice. Now by no means am I knocking ECS carpet or method of shipping it is a wonderful idea!! I must repeat the fact that when i called ECS in December I was told by one of there representatives that they were only selling what was left in inventory, which did not include my make and model, and they were uncertain if they would get back into carpet sales. Thats when I tried Motorparts South and was extremely pleased with there service and product. If ECS had told me in December that they could have fulfilled my order I would have purchased it from them. But motorparts south now gives the hobby another option which I beleive to be a good thing.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 340cpe] #46858
02/02/10 07:59 PM
02/02/10 07:59 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

I will say that the motorparts south carpet fit the contours of the floor pan perfectly. The picture of a black carpet in a poorly lit area did not do the picture justice. Now by no means am I knocking ECS carpet or method of shipping it is a wonderful idea!! I must repeat the fact that when i called ECS in December I was told by one of there representatives that they were only selling what was left in inventory, which did not include my make and model, and they were uncertain if they would get back into carpet sales. Thats when I tried Motorparts South and was extremely pleased with there service and product. If ECS had told me in December that they could have fulfilled my order I would have purchased it from them. But motorparts south now gives the hobby another option which I beleive to be a good thing.

I don't think anyone on this forum is taking your comments as a knock on ESC and I'm sure the quality of Motor Parts South is very good. They are two different products at different price points. It's very difficult to have a non bias opinion unless you've had the oppertunity to try them both. Once a carpet is rolled the backing is cracked. No question it will be nice but never will it be that perfect crisp shape it was right out of the mold. It's all in what you're looking for, two different processes actually. If I was throughing a rug in a driver quality or really nice restored car I might consider paying less for carpet, I only know one way to do a car and the carpet will always be shipped flat for me.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: HEMICUDA] #46859
02/02/10 09:08 PM
02/02/10 09:08 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
I just got a price including shipping to Canada on an ECS carpet....I'm now waiting for the go ahead from the car's owner...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can see the extra expense will be worth it, because I'm dying to try one of these flat shipped carpets. I've heard nothing but tremendous praise about them

It's too bad someone couldn't bring a selection of them to the larger shows like Carlise so we could avoid shipping

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: anlauto] #46860
02/02/10 09:42 PM
02/02/10 09:42 PM
Green Lane, PA
sawdust Offline
super stock
sawdust  Offline
super stock

Green Lane, PA
Dave, been meaning to comment on your carpet for awhile now so here goes. Got the carpet last year around early June to get the cuda done for Carlisle. (Thanks for you prompt reply and service back then).
Though some may complain about price the difference in appearance, fit, quality, and shop time to install greatly out weigh the cost basis differential.
We were very pleased with the final results, unfortunately we were under such a time crunch to get the car completed I only have pictures of the interior after seats were installed. Again an excellent product that is the closest to original that can be found. Will order again as I need to replace teh carpet in the survivor Hemi Satellite in the near future.
Thanks again.

5777986-ecscarpet.jpg (207 downloads)
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19