USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
The carpets they are making look great now. When "they" ship it rolled up in the 12"X12"x48" boxes, it loses it's shape. It is hard to get a proper fit and the carpet NEVER gets back it's original form. The adhesive material is similar to a hot glue substance. Unless you put it back into it's original mold, reheat and form press it, the carpet will try and go back to the last shape it was conformed to. If a bumpy loose fit doesn't bother you, then I say go with the rolled stuff!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46782
08/30/08 10:33 AM
08/30/08 10:33 AM
JERSEY
RJS Online work
master
RJS  Online Work
master

JERSEY
DAVE SINCE YOU MISSED MY QUESTION OR AVOIDED IT I'LL TRY AGAIN:

"Dave now I'm confused, is the product better or not?? Your shipping concern is a bit over the top for me. I won't be paying anyone to do my install so that's a mute point. In the many years past that I installed carpet I just sat it in my basement for a week or two and then installed it. Is ACC or whoever the manufacture is finally making it correctly?"
Ron Sannino

Also if a person doesn't want to go thru the added expense of the flat shipping where does one buy this new and improved carpet (carpet that doesn't turn brown or purple, carpet that isn't sparce, carpet that isn't short etc...)

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: RJS] #46783
08/30/08 10:41 AM
08/30/08 10:41 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

DAVE SINCE YOU MISSED MY QUESTION OR AVOIDED IT I'LL TRY AGAIN!

Same here!......I think we may have used up our "one question only" allowance? ......gotta resort to terroristic tatics

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: RJS] #46784
08/30/08 11:47 AM
08/30/08 11:47 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

where does one buy this new and improved carpet (carpet that doesn't turn brown or purple, carpet that isn't sparce, carpet that isn't short etc...)

TrimParts is much better then ACC anyday.Available through many sources

I can't speak for the new improved DW/ACC carpet.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: anlauto] #46785
08/30/08 12:08 PM
08/30/08 12:08 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Quote:

where does one buy this new and improved carpet (carpet that doesn't turn brown or purple, carpet that isn't sparce, carpet that isn't short etc...)

TrimParts is much better then ACC anyday.Available through many sources

I'd have to disagree with you Alan,....I purchased 3 consecutive orders with Trimparts, for carpets, and each one had serious flaws, enough to warrant returning, I've been buying from ACC for about 25-30? years now!.....and only had one carpet ever lose it's color (black turning purple)....for my personal cars I usally order cut pile, and it becomes a special order, therefore it's "freshly" made, besides I like the look of cut pile in the car, rather than "grandma's braided rug" look that 80/20 gives ya!......I've had no problems with ACC, other than the fact they cut the rug right on the mark, and leave no room for extra, last carpet I ordered from ACC was for my Tona'....again high cut pile, even for the console!.....came rolled up in their usual box, "unrolled" it, installed with no "humps", or "bumps"......I have several ACC carpets in my cars, the oldest is in my 71 Challenger T/A......I put that one (cut pile) in around 1980-1.....still looks Brand new!.......but I'm waiting to try one of Dave's...."magic carpets"

I can't speak for the new improved DW/ACC carpet.

Is Dave's vendor ACC?????

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: RJS] #46786
08/30/08 12:09 PM
08/30/08 12:09 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

"The carpets they are making look great now."

I thought that my above quote was pretty self explanatory. I certainly would not have made that statement if they were incorrect or sub standard in quality!? Since I have never purchased the "past" carpet that some people have referred to on this thread, the only thing I can say is that the loop is correct, the toe pad is correct and you get plenty of additional material for cutting. I am sorry that I didn’t' restate these points again being that I had already made clear these exact same attributes in earlier posts. From what I have been told it is "better" than what was offered in the past. Again, we don’t make the carpet….we only provide a means to deliver the “shaped” quality that it is originally manufactured with.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46787
08/30/08 12:21 PM
08/30/08 12:21 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Quote:

I thought that my above quote was pretty self explanatory. I certainly would not have made that statement if they were incorrect or sub standard in quality!? Since I have never purchased the "past" carpet that some people have referred to on this thread, the only thing I can say is that the loop is correct, the toe pad is correct and you get plenty of additional material for cutting. I am sorry that I didn’t' restate these points again being that I had already made clear these exact same attributes in earlier posts. From what I have been told it is "better" than what was offered in the past. Again, we don’t make the carpet….we only provide a means to deliver the “shaped” quality that it is originally manufactured with. [/quote}

Wow this whole on going thread, is like waiting in the dentist office?.....to have teeth pulled!

DAVE IS THE/YOUR VENDOR ACC?......

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46788
08/30/08 12:46 PM
08/30/08 12:46 PM
JERSEY
RJS Online work
master
RJS  Online Work
master

JERSEY
Quote:

Quote:

I thought that my above quote was pretty self explanatory. I certainly would not have made that statement if they were incorrect or sub standard in quality!? Since I have never purchased the "past" carpet that some people have referred to on this thread, the only thing I can say is that the loop is correct, the toe pad is correct and you get plenty of additional material for cutting. I am sorry that I didn’t' restate these points again being that I had already made clear these exact same attributes in earlier posts. From what I have been told it is "better" than what was offered in the past. Again, we don’t make the carpet….we only provide a means to deliver the “shaped” quality that it is originally manufactured with.

Thanks Dave!!!
As one of your past and future customer's I want you to understand I'm not ruling out buying from you the flat way. I personally feel it's over the top after the lay-out method I've always done and then after about a week of use in the car with floor warming and cooling.
I switched to TrimParts about the time that ACC had that horrible tragedy with the plane crash, the quality just seemed to fade. So if maybe by your working with them they realized the hobbiest wasn't going to take the substandard junk they were selling.

Dayclona your idea sounds ok but if the car came with loop I'd prefer loop. Ron

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: DAYCLONA] #46789
08/30/08 12:49 PM
08/30/08 12:49 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
[quoteWow this whole on going thread, is like waiting in the dentist office?.....to have teeth pulled!
DAVE IS THE/YOUR VENDOR ACC?......

You will have to excuse that I can't figure out what is required (regarding questions) due to the fact that I have discussed these same points MANY times in previous thread posts.

*ACC makes the carpet.
*ECS had large containers built to have it shipped flat from the manufacturer.
*This is done to preserve it's original formed shape
*ECS has 74"X34"X12" Double Corrugated boxes that allows the carpet to be shipped to the customer in pristine flat condition.
*Installation is MUCH easier and the final appearance looks factory fresh.
*ECS is the only distributor that offers this unique shipping feature.
*We worked with the manufacturer for the past two years to get the design, fit and appearance of factory correct carpeting.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46790
08/30/08 01:15 PM
08/30/08 01:15 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Thank you Dave, ....that pretty much puts it, in a "nut shell"........ so we'll just wait for your introduction of the availability date,......So ACC is the vendor(Hmmm???, how people here have trashed them?).....then I "assume", I could "custom order" a flat shipped "high cut pile" carpet for a E body?......as I have been doing for decades with ACC

4652210-0000a.jpg (56 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: RJS] #46791
08/30/08 01:31 PM
08/30/08 01:31 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Ron,...I'll tell ya,...you try out the look and feel/ fit of a nice high cut pile carpet in your car,....and you'll never go back to "grandma's loop pile" ever again

4652233-0000a.jpg (49 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: DAYCLONA] #46792
08/30/08 02:16 PM
08/30/08 02:16 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Ron,...I'll tell ya,...you try out the look and feel/ fit of a nice high cut pile carpet in your car,....and you'll never go back to "grandma's loop pile" ever again

Three weeks ago I put high cut pile in my 93 Dakota.Ordered it from one of the Moparts site sponsors.It is ACC,left it out in the sun for about an hour,fit like a glove,pleanty left to trim and was $125 and free shipping.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 62maxwgn] #46793
09/01/08 12:40 AM
09/01/08 12:40 AM
ILL
M
MLR426 Offline
master
MLR426  Offline
master
M

ILL
Dave W, as they say I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW.
I will pick up at your warehouse house.
As e-mailed to you. Black 71 cuda e-body 4 spd
When you call I'll be leaving to pick it up
carpet after I hang up the phone.

logan426 Martin Wimberly

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: MLR426] #46794
09/01/08 09:07 AM
09/01/08 09:07 AM
Wilmington,NC
I
I go fast Offline
I go fast  Offline
I

Wilmington,NC
After reading over 270 responses to the initial post,the only conclusion I have come to is an attempt to reintroduce a product that is readily available at an increased cost.As for the if it is rolled up it will not fit,that is wrong.I doubt ACC would be in business if their carpet didn't fit!For those of you that have money to burn for a flat shipping container that cost as much as the carpet,have at it.Its your money.When this thread started,most probably thought there was going to be a new holy grail of carpet available through ECS.Actually the carpet is available from any ACC vendor.Your choice.

And Dave,when you respond to this please be civil in your comments and justification.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: I go fast] #46795
09/01/08 10:57 AM
09/01/08 10:57 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Dave,

2 Questions:

#1. Will you have these available for a 4 speed Duster?
#2. If so when will they be available? I'm now ready to buy a set

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: I go fast] #46796
09/01/08 01:30 PM
09/01/08 01:30 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

After reading over 270 responses to the initial post,the only conclusion I have come to is an attempt to reintroduce a product that is readily available at an increased cost.For those of you that have money to burn for a flat shipping container that cost as much as the carpet,have at it.Its your money.When this thread started,most probably thought there was going to be a new holy grail of carpet available through ECS.Actually the carpet is available from any ACC vendor.Your choice.

And Dave,when you respond to this please be civil in your comments and justification.

I have spent over three years and a few thousand dollars to provide a product that you have so graciously tried to unravel with just a couple of sentences in a public forum. I would be happy to provide YOU a “civil” response to YOUR well intended statement.
I started ECS because the quality level of decals was nothing close to that of the originals. As I started to hear the complaints the enthusiast voiced regarding carpet, I decided to help out and address things like incorrect loop density, incorrect toe pads, insufficient material, etc….. These were aspects that had to be corrected by the manufacturer. After years of input and countless phone calls, they were finally corrected. I received my first sets of carpet “rolled” up in a 12”X12”X48” inch square box. When I went to install the carpet it did not lay/fit on the floor pan the way it should have. Heating it didn’t help much and it never did fit the way I wanted. I requested to have my replacement sets shipped flat. This was never done with the thought of trying to become a distributor or including this product in my arsenal of items. Plainly put, I did this because I believed it was the only way that carpet would fit the way it was intended to fit. After personally experiencing how much better the carpet looked, because of having it shipped flat, I decided to get involved and offer it to the market in that same fashion. The manufacturer said they would not ship it this way due to extra cost and the fact that they already had thousands of “small” boxes in their inventory that they were not going to discard. The point I am trying to make is that I did this to offer people the opportunity to have a good product, made better with a couple of efforts that the manufacturer was not willing to offer. Just like the decals I referenced earlier, people have a choice between a better product for their cars or saving money and getting products that are not so detailed or correct. In my journey with cars I have come to the conclusion that a few dollar savings can end up costing twice down the road. I don‘t need to sell carpet and am not too concerned if it sells or not! I already have more time and cost involved than I could ever hope to recoup. I simply decided to offer the market something different (that I PERSONALLY benefited from) in order to have a better fitting product. The carpet will be the same price as other vendors plus the additional shipping cost. We are also contracted with the manufacturer to have our toe pads within one quarter inch of tolerance of consistent placement. We also have in our agreement that are carpets are NEVER to touch or be stacked on the floor of the manufacturing facility. While that may sound insignificant, the colored carpets we received had traces of dirt in the material from being stacked on the floor. If these types of quality control measures are not important to the customer then I would suggest they go with the existing rolled carpet.
I would NEVER ask anyone do something that I am not willing to do myself. That would be hypocritical and certainly not the “civil” thing to do.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46797
09/01/08 02:32 PM
09/01/08 02:32 PM
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Reguardless of how it will be shipped, rolled or laid flat...I think people want to know is if the improvements made to the actual carpets themselves in reguards to " things like incorrect loop density, incorrect toe pads, insufficient material, etc….. " will be put into EVERY ACC carpet sold from now on....or will they have two levels of quality?...their level and the DW special?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46798
09/01/08 02:39 PM
09/01/08 02:39 PM
Belleville Il
D
Dingmaster Offline
mopar
Dingmaster  Offline
mopar
D

Belleville Il
So is the correct 71 E-body carpets available?
I had to use the 70 style that covers the seat belt retactors. I never really got that "hump" to flatten out. I would love to up grade!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: anlauto] #46799
09/01/08 02:44 PM
09/01/08 02:44 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Reguardless of how it will be shipped, rolled or laid flat...I think people want to know is if the improvements made to the actual carpets themselves in reguards to " things like incorrect loop density, incorrect toe pads, insufficient material, etc….. " will be put into EVERY ACC carpet sold from now on....or will they have two levels of quality?...their level and the DW special?

Alan...I could spend the next ten years continuing to say the same things over and over and over. If you can't understand the specifics spelled out in my previous posts (especially the last one) I seriously doubt that typing another page would help.
Have a good Holiday weekend everyone!

DW

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Dingmaster] #46800
09/01/08 02:54 PM
09/01/08 02:54 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

I never really got that "hump" to flatten out.

Which is exactly why we are providing this service! The shipping containers will be done this week. Steve Been not only does excellent automobile restorations, he also makes metal shipping containers that are indestructible. We should start having product delivered within ten days. Again, no one is forced to buy this carpet. Some continue to view this offering as some form of personal insult. If you do not like it or think it is a moot point, please continue to purchase the rolled versions. A happy enthusiast should be the final outcome of any purchase!

Note: To Scott Smith....if you need the Duster carpet let me know and I will have it shipped with this next order. Thanks!

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19