06/13/08 12:20 PM
Seattle, WA
375inStroke Offline
Special needs person
375inStroke  Offline
Special needs person

Seattle, WA
Quote:

Besides, we use BAX GLOBAL as our shipper. They cost more but seem to treat things much better than UPS or FED EX.

Having worked for UPS twice, I can tell you people go out of their way to trash packages. If it has a Fragile label on it, they throw it harder. If something gets jammed in the conveyor system, they cram, yank, tug, and whatever to get it out of the way as fast as possible to get the line moving and don't care what packages get f'ed up and torn open. If you have a claim on a broken package, their policy is to deny it outright and claim it wasn't packaged properly.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 375inStroke] #46762
06/16/08 01:18 PM
06/16/08 01:18 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
We are close to having things back on track. I have been asked to show what we will offer in reference to what is normally shipped without using precautionary measures to protect the carpet's shape. This is an actual comparison! The top picture represents what was sent to us in bulk, unprotected shipping. The bottom photo is the carpet sample (appearance) that we will be offering to the customer. Which one would you prefer to work with during your restoration?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46763
06/16/08 09:43 PM
06/16/08 09:43 PM
U.S.A.
C
Captain Flapjack Offline
mopar
Captain Flapjack  Offline
mopar
C

U.S.A.
thats a greatly needed thing
i hope they fit well, as of course thats the biggest complaint about the old currently available stuff

to save on shipping will you vend these carpets at the nationals??

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Captain Flapjack] #46764
06/16/08 10:14 PM
06/16/08 10:14 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

thats a greatly needed thing
i hope they fit well, as of course thats the biggest complaint about the old currently available stuff

to save on shipping will you vend these carpets at the nationals??

We will not be selling at any show venues. Years ago we attempted to offer our products at a three day show event. Because 75% of our line is custom and requires so many changes from one customer to the next, we find it almost impossible to inventory enough items to accommodate everyone. Even if we had every item in our portfolio with us, the time to pull (for instance) a decal kit takes about 20-25 minuets. To try and bring every style and color of carpet would be a nightmare. I made the mistake of bringing a few sets of glass with me to the Nats to help customers save with their shipping. I paid Steve Been a little over $400 to have it all trucked to Columbus and then spent most of the weekend running around trying to coordinate a convenient time for everyone to pick up their glass. It doesn't take long to figure out who gets railroaded in that scenario. Once bitten twice shy!!!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46765
06/17/08 07:33 AM
06/17/08 07:33 AM
U.S.A.
C
Captain Flapjack Offline
mopar
Captain Flapjack  Offline
mopar
C

U.S.A.
i understand, thanks for responding

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Captain Flapjack] #46766
08/26/08 09:25 PM
08/26/08 09:25 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
44D6PAKCUDA Offline
top fuel
44D6PAKCUDA  Offline
top fuel

Land of 10,000 Lakes
Dave-We haven't heard much about this subject lately.Is the project still alive or do we just have to settle for the same 'ol same garbage carpet available elsewhere...

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 44D6PAKCUDA] #46767
08/26/08 11:32 PM
08/26/08 11:32 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Dave-do we just have to settle for the same 'ol same garbage carpet available elsewhere...

Nope! We will have our shipping containers within the next week and should have our stock shipment to follow soon after. For those who were able to see the Challenger interior/carpet at the Nationals, they saw the type of quality that will soon be available to everyone. I promise to come on here and let everyone know as soon as we are ready. It WILL be soon!

Dave W.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46768
08/27/08 12:08 AM
08/27/08 12:08 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Dave,... just a quick question, I know I could call you for a response, but you "input" here,....aids others with perhaps the same question?

I'm interested in a E-body auto carpet, but this question should apply to other body styles as well,.....if I don't want the carpet in the 80/20 loop, but cut high pile instead?...would that option be available?.....your response would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

4645334-0000a.jpg (92 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: DAYCLONA] #46769
08/27/08 12:16 AM
08/27/08 12:16 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Hello Mike,
Thanks for the question!
I think I can get any type of carpet that they manufacture, shipped in my containers (flat). I don't see that as being a problem. I will ask to make sure and get back to you on this thread.

Dave W.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46770
08/27/08 04:27 AM
08/27/08 04:27 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Dave,

A "Fragile" sticker on any package is no more than a bullseye for all the UPS people.

The idea of shipping carpeting in the same shape as it is when it comes out of the mold is awsome, however, it creats shipping problems. I for one am more than happy to pay any additional freight cost (over size) to receive the carpet that way.

If it might help, I would be willing to use my shop here in northern Ohio as a pick up point for carpeting or take your orders to Carlisle and the Nationals for you for customer pick up.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: HEMICUDA] #46771
08/28/08 11:30 PM
08/28/08 11:30 PM
Northern Indiana
M
mr_belvedere Offline
super gas
mr_belvedere  Offline
super gas
M

Northern Indiana
Quote:

If it might help, I would be willing to use my shop here in northern Ohio as a pick up point for carpeting or take your orders to Carlisle and the Nationals for you for customer pick up.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

That is an excellent idea!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: mr_belvedere] #46772
08/28/08 11:56 PM
08/28/08 11:56 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Quote:

Michael C. Ross - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

I talked with Mike about this and it sounds good for about two minuets until you get down to the nitty gritty of how things would work. In order to ship this carpet, four containers (weighing about 200-250 lbs. each) need to be shipped EMPTY to the carpet manufacturer. They are then loaded and the carpet shipped FLAT to my warehouse for inventory. The cost to ship these empty metal containers will be at least $150 each just to get them to the manufacturer so they can fill them. I don’t think Mike would be willing to pay to have the containers shipped back to me after having them rerouted to his facility. Trying to guess an inventory to take to a show is also a very expensive shot in the dark. After the unsold inventory comes back from the shows, will it be sent back to me (at whose cost) or will Mike hold the inventory that I have paid for but no longer have access to? Mike is in Ohio and we are in Missouri. I don’t see that his location provides a central geographic benefit. ECS is located smack in the middle of the country! This is difficult enough without getting another level of cost and confusion involved. While I appreciate the kind gesture, these additional cost quickly erase any perceived benefits. Having approximately a $200 shipping charge, before the product is even shipped, would not be fair to expect the customer to pay or absorb.

DW

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46773
08/29/08 12:43 PM
08/29/08 12:43 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Michael C. Ross - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

I talked with Mike about this and it sounds good for about two minuets until you get down to the nitty gritty of how things would work. In order to ship this carpet, four containers (weighing about 200-250 lbs. each) need to be shipped EMPTY to the carpet manufacturer. They are then loaded and the carpet shipped FLAT to my warehouse for inventory. The cost to ship these empty metal containers will be at least $150 each just to get them to the manufacturer so they can fill them. I don’t think Mike would be willing to pay to have the containers shipped back to me after having them rerouted to his facility. Trying to guess an inventory to take to a show is also a very expensive shot in the dark. After the unsold inventory comes back from the shows, will it be sent back to me (at whose cost) or will Mike hold the inventory that I have paid for but no longer have access to? Mike is in Ohio and we are in Missouri. I don’t see that his location provides a central geographic benefit. ECS is located smack in the middle of the country! This is difficult enough without getting another level of cost and confusion involved. While I appreciate the kind gesture, these additional cost quickly erase any perceived benefits. Having approximately a $200 shipping charge, before the product is even shipped, would not be fair to expect the customer to pay or absorb.

DW

Dave,

While I'm sure everyone applauds your efforts to bring a "finer" product, to market.....rather than shuffling these giant "pizza boxes" around with carpeting,.....is drop shippment a better avenue to persue?....I know the logistics of warehousing, inventory control, quality control, shipping logistics, taxes, etc, etc, etc, are now thrust apon the manufacturer,......is this a fesiblity?

another though regarding the actual delivery to the customer,.....I estimate just to ship the carpeting in 1 or 2 large carboard boxes (flat) would run anywhere from $100-$200 dollars freight in the 48,.....I think that plus the price for the carpet, will possibly sway the decision of the potential customer from a purchase......I personally could care less if my carpet is rolled up in a box?.....I just want a carpet that the healpad is where it's suppose to be, it's shape is correct,and I have some excess mat'l on the edges so that I can fit it to my liking!......although you are going to great pains for a shipped "flat" carpet,......would an alternative shipping/ packageing option be "optional"

Dave?.....any "feedback" on my last question/ post?

Thanks
Mike

4650251-0000a.jpg (65 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: DAYCLONA] #46774
08/29/08 02:18 PM
08/29/08 02:18 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

is drop shippment a better avenue to persue?....is this a fesiblity?

another though regarding the actual delivery to the customer,.....I estimate just to ship the carpeting in 1 or 2 large carboard boxes (flat) would run anywhere from $100-$200 dollars freight in the 48,.....I think that plus the price for the carpet, will possibly sway the decision of the potential customer from a purchase......I personally could care less if my carpet is rolled up in a box?.....I just want a carpet that the healpad is where it's suppose to be, it's shape is correct,and I have some excess mat'l on the edges so that I can fit it to my liking!......although you are going to great pains for a shipped "flat" carpet,......would an alternative shipping/ packageing option be "optional"

Hello Mike,
Our part in making this product "better" actually is in the method of shipping. While it sounds very simple it is actually THE very step that allows the carpet to look 10 times better after it is installed. It will also cut off AT LEAST two hours of installation time. If the final outcome, or having to pay someone extra to "force" it into place is not a concern, then the carpet can be ordered directly from the manufacturer. It will of course be rolled up tight as a drum with all of it's pre formed shape smashed out of it. You are correct about the large boxes. The manufacturer is definitely not going to invest in new boxes to ship this product flat so "drop shipping" will not be an option. It is more money initially (S/H) but in the long run you save in installation time and the end result looks far superior (and original) to the rolled version. I would love to be able to offer a "Ferrari" at a "Fiat" price but quality does cost more and cannot be avoided in this particular situation. Customers are more than welcome to come by and pick it up from our warehouse. People have done that with their glass and other large items. While I would love to change our procedures to accommodate everyone, this program has been in the making for over 2 years and we have everything possible to provide the best product at the most economical price. Including shipping, the cost is right around $300-350 per set. It is certainly better than paying $150 for the stuff that is out there now and paying a shop 2-3 hours of extra time to force it into place. A few days later it goes back to having humps and bulges in the floor pan areas. In the long run you end up paying more AND the product STILL ends up looking second rate. Sometimes a bargain ends up not being a bargain!

DW

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46775
08/29/08 03:08 PM
08/29/08 03:08 PM
Wilmington,NC
I
I go fast Offline
I go fast  Offline
I

Wilmington,NC
So how is the mfg shipping to you?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46776
08/29/08 03:15 PM
08/29/08 03:15 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Thanks for the response Dave,...

My personal preference is for a carpet that fits, that the healpad is correctly done, and located, and extra carpet is along the edge, as I stated earlier, I felt that "feeling" you out on a variety of options, would benefit myself and others, some of whom may not take the time to query a response from you, regarding possible "do's and don'ts of the product and services you intend to offer in regards to carpeting......so I thank you for taking the time to relay that information.........but I'll be tenacious on the "cut pile" question ,.....as I prefer cut-pile in the car, wether it's original or not( personal cars).....thanks again Dave!

Mike

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46777
08/29/08 03:26 PM
08/29/08 03:26 PM
JERSEY
RJS Offline
master
RJS  Offline
master

JERSEY
Quote:

Quote:

is drop shippment a better avenue to persue?....is this a fesiblity?

Hello Mike,
Our part in making this product "better" actually is in the method of shipping. While it sounds very simple is is actually THE very step that allows the carpet to look 10 times better after it is installed. It will also cut off AT LEAST two hours of installation time. If the final outcome, or having to pay someone extra to "force" it into place is not a concern, then the carpet can be ordered directly from the manufacturer. It will of course be rolled up tight as a drum with all of it's pre formed shape smashed out of it. You are correct about the large boxes. The manufacturer is definitely not going to invest in new boxes to ship this product flat so "drop shipping" will not be an option. It is more money initially (S/H) but in the long run you save in installation time and the end result looks far superior (and original) to the rolled version. I would love to be able to offer a "Ferrari" at a "Fiat" price but quality does cost more and cannot be avoided in this particular situation. Customers are more than welcome to come by and pick it up from our warehouse. People have done that with their glass and other large items. While I would love to change our procedures to accommodate everyone, this program has been in the making for over 2 years and we have everything possible to provide the best product at the most economical price. Including shipping, the cost is right around $300-350 per set. It is certainly better than paying $150 for the stuff that is out there now and paying a shop 2-3 hours of extra time to force it into place. A few days later it goes back to having humps and bulges in the floor pan areas. In the long run you end up paying more AND the product STILL ends up looking second rate. Sometimes a bargain ends up not being a bargain!

DW

Dave now I'm confused, is the product better or not?? Your shipping concern is a bit over the top for me. I won't be paying anyone to do my install so that's a mute point. In the many years past that I installed carpet I just sat it in my basement for a week or two and then installed it. Is ACC or whoever the manufacture is finally making it correctly? Ron Sannino

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: I go fast] #46778
08/29/08 03:45 PM
08/29/08 03:45 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

So how is the mfg shipping to you?

See my post explaining this about five listings above.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46779
08/29/08 08:04 PM
08/29/08 08:04 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
44D6PAKCUDA Offline
top fuel
44D6PAKCUDA  Offline
top fuel

Land of 10,000 Lakes
All I know Dave is that my bare floor Cuda is waiting,regardless of shipping cost,for one of those nice,correct fitting carpet set.Let us know when they are ready to ship..and oh by the way nice car!!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 44D6PAKCUDA] #46780
08/29/08 09:54 PM
08/29/08 09:54 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

All I know Dave is that my bare floor Cuda is waiting,regardless of shipping cost,for one of those nice,correct fitting carpet set.Let us know when they are ready to ship..and oh by the way nice car!!

Same here!.....I have 2 cuda's, one customers (4 spd) and my personal car,(auto) both waiting for a "magic carpet" ride......although, I'm still waiting to hear if I can get one of those E body carpets in high cut pile?......Dave?

4651268-0000a.jpg (54 downloads)
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19