sg333e Offline
super street
sg333e  Offline
super street
S

midwest

Perfectly Stated, Thanks!

Seriously if people have nothing constructive to add,

Maybe the A-12 board should be restored so the cage matches can continue in their own contained area.

Last edited by moparts; 12/07/07 04:38 PM.
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Alaska_A12] #46622
10/29/07 11:29 PM
10/29/07 11:29 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Lets see now….. more than 4 years; over $7K invested; approximately 260 working hours (plus) and zero return on investment.

So there is no "FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!!" ?

Then why did you start the thread?

Please tell me that you did not waste your money on an Economics course in College! Are you really that naive regarding the ramp up period for ROI and how it relates to new products in the market place? That has to be one of the most pitiful attempts to paraphrase or twist a statement that I have ever seen in my life. For the other interested parties that can understand simple English, here are some other products that we have allocated a large amount of time and are working towards completion. (Did you get that Alaskan a12? Since they have not yet been offered there has not been an opportunity for return on investment.) In 2008 we should have factory exact exhaust systems for all B & E Body vehicles. We are also working to complete package trays that incorporate the correct shape and texture of the originals. Just to set things straight, I was not born with a reproduction motto on my birth certificate. I had the need for quality products, for my own cars and decided to do something about it. I chose to use my efforts for that cause and for helping other people who were facing the same dilemma. It was better than feeling sorry for myself and criticizing those who at least made an effort to assist the industry. If you don’t like the way something is being done, grab the bull by the horns and change it. Necessity is certainly the Mother of Invention!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46623
10/29/07 11:52 PM
10/29/07 11:52 PM
Anchorage, Alaska
Iceman01 Offline
Challenged
Iceman01  Offline
Challenged

Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:

Quote:

Lets see now….. more than 4 years; over $7K invested; approximately 260 working hours (plus) and zero return on investment.

Please tell me that you did not waste your money on an Economics course in College! Are you really that naive regarding the ramp up period for ROI and how it relates to new products in the market place? That has to be one of the most pitiful attempts to paraphrase or twist a statement that I have ever seen in my life. For the other interested parties that can understand simple English, here are some other products that we have allocated a large amount of time and are working towards completion. (Did you get that Alaskan a12? Since they have not yet been offered there has not been an opportunity for return on investment.) In 2008 we should have factory exact exhaust systems for all B & E Body vehicles. We are also working to complete package trays that incorporate the correct shape and texture of the originals. Just to set things straight, I was not born with a reproduction motto on my birth certificate. I had the need for quality products, for my own cars and decided to do something about it. I chose to use my efforts for that cause and for helping other people who were facing the same dilemma. It was better than feeling sorry for myself and criticizing those who at least made an effort to assist the industry. If you don’t like the way something is being done, grab the bull by the horns and change it. Necessity is certainly the Mother of Invention!

Don't let the nitpickers and naysayers get you down. Not everyone can see what visionary people like yourself and Scott and others see -- that's what sets your efforts apart! And we all benefit from that -- even those who can't grasp it.

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46624
10/30/07 07:44 AM
10/30/07 07:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe I can a little more.What is your defination of a factory exact B/E body exhaust system? I was under the impression that they already exist. Of course I could be wrong!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46625
10/30/07 07:56 AM
10/30/07 07:56 AM
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
J
JulesdaWiperman Offline
super gas
JulesdaWiperman  Offline
super gas
J

Montreal,Quebec,Canada
The hypocrisy by some of these complainers is SO thick you could cut it with a chainsaw.
These are the same people that once they find out an improved part exists, run out and buy it
and then criticize the quality of the previous offerings. Walk a foot in these investors' shoes and
feel what it means to unload big bucks with the risk of not selling enough to get your money back.
I've tried and believe me it's no picnic. Once again, thank you Dave and others for investing YOUR
money so that you and others can have the best available product.
Jules

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #46626
10/30/07 08:30 AM
10/30/07 08:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a combat Vietnam Veteran 67-68, I understand and appreciate your service. To keep this on subject, for putting your self on the carpet(line).

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46627
10/30/07 08:36 AM
10/30/07 08:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. I am glad that you have undertaken these products and I am waiting for their release. I can't believe that "wording" has started all of the malcontent. Keep up the good work.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: JulesdaWiperman] #46628
10/30/07 08:37 AM
10/30/07 08:37 AM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

Quote:

The hypocrisy by some of these complainers is SO thick you could cut it with a chainsaw.
These are the same people that once they find out an improved part exists, run out and buy it
and then criticize the quality of the previous offerings. Walk a foot in these investors' shoes and
feel what it means to unload big bucks with the risk of not selling enough to get your money back.
I've tried and believe me it's no picnic. Once again, thank you Dave and others for investing YOUR
Jules

and the broken record plays on and on and on....... and on and on.jules i don't know if you are awhere of it, but nobody cares about this factory exact carpet or anything else dave has to say.this post is just in the way of all the good post we are trying to get to.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46629
10/30/07 09:33 AM
10/30/07 09:33 AM
JERSEY
RJS Offline
master
RJS  Offline
master

JERSEY
Quote:

Quote:

Jules

and the broken record plays on and on and on....... and on and on.jules i don't know if you are awhere of it, but nobody cares about this factory exact carpet or anything else dave has to say.this post is just in the way of all the good post we are trying to get to.

WRONG!!!!!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46630
10/30/07 09:40 AM
10/30/07 09:40 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Quote:

other products that we have allocated a large amount of time and are working towards completion: factory exact exhaust systems for all B & E Body vehicles /and/ We are also working to complete package trays that incorporate the correct shape and texture of the originals.

Very cool, I'll be looking forward to these as well.
(I wonder how big the boxes will be... )

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46631
10/30/07 09:50 AM
10/30/07 09:50 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

jules i don't know if you are awhere of it

Your attention to detail is without equal sixbbl69. I think the word you attempted to use was
"aware".
I thought maybe it was just an act but you really can't tell the difference between correct and incorrect parts, can you?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46632
10/30/07 10:54 AM
10/30/07 10:54 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Here is a link to a previous post that should help answer your questions. Thanks!
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post3836491

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46633
10/30/07 11:28 AM
10/30/07 11:28 AM
Anchorage, Alaska
Iceman01 Offline
Challenged
Iceman01  Offline
Challenged

Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:

Quote:

Your attention to detail is without equal sixbbl69. I think the word you attempted to use was
"aware".
I thought maybe it was just an act but you really can't tell the difference between correct and incorrect parts, can you?

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: JulesdaWiperman] #46634
10/30/07 12:40 PM
10/30/07 12:40 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

Jules

Totally agreed!!
The available carpet kits today are junko, low quality..
Why spend 4-6 hours taking the car apart installing the carpet..
Then 1 year later the Black carpet is now Purple, and the carpet is coming unraveled..
To me spending a few $ more in higher quality materials is a better way than having to redo the labor portion..

As pappy said..
Pay now or pay later..

I will order a carpet kit update from Dave when available..

Thanks to Dave..

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46635
10/30/07 01:30 PM
10/30/07 01:30 PM
1fastsixpack Offline
pro stock
1fastsixpack  Offline
pro stock

Quote:

I will be talking to the guys at Motor Parts later this week. I hope the E Body carpet will be ready in the next few weeks. I don't want to commit an absolute date because they run their own agenda of course. Sorry but I cannot elaborate on any new products they might provide in the near future. I will see if one of the gentleman at MPS will come on here and close the loop regarding some of the questions. Thanks again!

Will the e-body carpets have the oval brass inserts in the rear,were the screw goes into the body?????????I saved mine from the original carpet and used on my new carpet

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Sinitro] #46636
10/30/07 02:57 PM
10/30/07 02:57 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Quote:

Jules

Totally agreed!!
The available carpet kits today are junko, low quality..
Why spend 4-6 hours taking the car apart installing the carpet..
Then 1 year later the Black carpet is now Purple, and the carpet is coming unraveled..
To me spending a few $ more in higher quality materials is a better way than having to redo the labor portion..

As pappy said..
Pay now or pay later..

I will order a carpet kit update from Dave when available..

Thanks to Dave..

For what its worth, and its probably not worth anything,my 4spd Superbird has ACC carpet that was put in 15yrs ago.It is still black,not wrinkled and fit like a glove with no trimming.The carpet in my 62 Savoy wagon came from Dante three years ago,[no clue who his supplier is] same thing,no issues.Did something change ?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Iceman01] #46637
10/30/07 03:15 PM
10/30/07 03:15 PM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"aware".

got my point across.besides i feel better that you are laughing which means you have been taking your meds. i was a little worried yesterday that you were having a breakdown.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 62maxwgn] #46638
10/30/07 03:19 PM
10/30/07 03:19 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

For what its worth, and its probably not worth anything,my 4spd Superbird has ACC carpet that was put in 15yrs ago.It is still black,not wrinkled and fit like a glove with no trimming.The carpet in my 62 Savoy wagon came from Dante three years ago,[no clue who his supplier is] same thing,no issues.Did something change ?

Is your cars' stored indoors all the time?

My ACC carpet was starting to fade in one year from being outdoors. New cars' black carpet doesn't fade that fast.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: autoxcuda] #46639
10/30/07 03:33 PM
10/30/07 03:33 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Quote:

Is your cars' stored indoors all the time?

My ACC carpet was starting to fade in one year from being outdoors. New cars' black carpet doesn't fade that fast.

Indoors,as I expect 99% of the ones discussed here also.
c

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46640
10/30/07 03:50 PM
10/30/07 03:50 PM
Mass
M
Mike Mancini Offline
mopar
Mike Mancini  Offline
mopar
M

Mass
Goes to show why the "hooked on phonics" people went under, lousy success rate. Try the speak and spell next time.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"aware".

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19