INDIANA
P
Paul Jacobs Offline
super stock
Paul Jacobs  Offline
super stock
P

INDIANA
Yet another vote here for carpet without padding-I bought some NOS jute padding this year that I would rather use.
Thanks for your efforts!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46542
10/24/07 11:52 PM
10/24/07 11:52 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
When it is molded from an original factory floor pan, has the correct factory nylon loop pattern, uses the correct factory style toe pad and matches the correct factory color, what would you suggest it be described as? Keep in mind that all the factory correct features or proper dimensions or authentic look, (or whatever adjective you feel comfortable with) will never be represented if the installation is done in a hap hazard manner. It will still need to be cut and tailored to provide a “factory exact” look. Hopefully we can all refrain from premature judgment until the final product has actually been released. That would be the time to accurately access which description is correct or not. I am certainly optimistic and eager to see the final results! Thanks again to Motor Parts South for their efforts to assist the Mopar hobby in this area.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46543
10/25/07 12:07 AM
10/25/07 12:07 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
I was sort of expecting a reply like this

Quote:

what would you suggest it be described as?

How about "Very Accurate"?

To me "exact" is just that, could be confused with an NOS part right out of the box. Carpet sets that require trimming and have different backing do not qualify IMO. However......Please don't take my comments as being overly negative, I'm on your side believe me, I'm just being realistic. IMO the term "Exact" is an overused term when it comes to reproduction parts, I'm sure you of all people can understand that.

Anyway, I 100% support thier efforts, hopefully they will be all we've been hoping for. One thing is a certainty, we sure need a better option when it comes to replacement carpet.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46544
10/25/07 11:52 AM
10/25/07 11:52 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
I understand what you mean Scott. I personally do not get upset or distracted if someone uses a different adjective to describe the same subject or concept. As long as I know the reality of a situation the semantics are just an incidental point. Motor Parts South have been involved with this project for many months and have invested significant funds along the way. I know the suggestions are sincere with regards to carpet changes but it is difficult when this is factored into the equation before the actual product has even been released. The costs to alter a manufacturing process can be very expensive and difficult. By not being familiar with the manufacturing process one might think that leaving off a step (padding) might be a cost saving factor when in reality the production cost might end up being considerably more. Again I am grateful for what the McBrydes have done in this area for the restoration market. I believe that the original purpose for correct fitting and appearing carpet has just about been resolved. Once this is completed, other variations will hopefully become a reality to the restoration market.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46545
10/25/07 02:13 PM
10/25/07 02:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

How about "Very Accurate"?

funnny how these subjects become everyone’s bully pit to control this or that. Here is the definition of exact:

Exact
adjective
Definition: accurate
Synonyms: bull's-eye*, careful, clear, clear-cut, correct, dead on*, definite, distinct, downright, explicit, express, faithful, faultless, identical, literal, literal, methodical, nailed down*, nice, on target*, orderly, particular, perfect, precise, right, right on*, rigorous, sharp, specific, true, unequivocal, unerring, veracious, verbal, verbatim, very
Antonyms: inexact, inaccurate, approximate, rough, imprecise, wrong
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1)
Copyright © 2007 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
* = informal or slang

tomato; tamato Can’t we ever just stay on the subject. For everyone that wants this stuff changed before it even is here; GO DO IT YOURSELF! That is what these guys are doing. If most people would spend as much time really helping as they do hiding behind their keyboard and pointing fingers, things might really make some progress. I don’t remember seeing any rules that say these guys are the only businesses or individuals that should be able to help us Mopar guys.

Mr Harms, I noticed some of your descriptions about your products on your web link.

Pistol Grip Top Lenses - “Exact factory fonts, shift pattern & dotted contour.”

1970 & 1971 'Cuda Convertible Belt Moldings - "Same Contours and Sharp Lines as NOS Originals."

OEM Woodgrain Pistol Grips - “these look and feel like NOS parts”

Pistol Grip Bezels - “Exact duplicates of the originals”

All Steel 1967 RO/WO Super Stock Hemi Hood Scoops - “...Hood Scoops are 100% Correct to OEM!!!”

the pot calling the kettle black eh? Shouldn’t throw rocks when you yourself live in a glass house.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46546
10/25/07 02:30 PM
10/25/07 02:30 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Well Mr. Incognito...

You might want to follow your own advice:

Quote:

tomato; tamato Can’t we ever just stay on the subject. For everyone that wants this stuff changed before it even is here; GO DO IT YOURSELF! That is what these guys are doing. If most people would spend as much time really helping as they do hiding behind their keyboard and pointing fingers, things might really make some progress. I don’t remember seeing any rules that say these guys are the only businesses or individuals that should be able to help us Mopar guys.

Your first and only post on Moparts? Welcome to the site, whoever you are!

You obviously missed the parts of my posts where I praised and welcomed thier efforts?

Concerning the statements on our website, feel free to compare the parts mentioned with originals, if you disagree with any of them feel free to debate them but we stand behind those claims (but please do so on another/new thread as it's off topic concerning these carpet sets). At any rate I don't need to go into a detailed retort with you, Dave and the others who posted above know where I'm comming from concerning the carpets, nuff said.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46547
10/25/07 03:05 PM
10/25/07 03:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Concerning the statements on our website, feel free to compare the parts mentioned with originals, if you disagree with any of them feel free to debate them but we stand behind those claims (but please do so on another/new thread as it's off topic concerning these carpet sets). At any rate I don't need to go into a detailed retort with you, Dave and the others who posted above know where I'm comming from concerning the carpets, nuff said.

You missed the point. You asked for someone to change their description when yours are basically the same. Oh wait, I get it. If its changed to "exact factory" that makes it OK? It looks like quite a few changes to your website are in order.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46548
10/25/07 03:28 PM
10/25/07 03:28 PM
Long Island NY
ErikR Offline
pro stock
ErikR  Offline
pro stock

Long Island NY

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ErikR] #46549
10/25/07 03:59 PM
10/25/07 03:59 PM
Dallas, TX
70challrtse Offline
super gas
70challrtse  Offline
super gas

Dallas, TX
Two posts in and my fellow Dallasite is already mixing it up. We are feisty down here in Big D.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 70challrtse] #46550
10/25/07 04:16 PM
10/25/07 04:16 PM
Back In Iowa
B
belv2vert66 Offline
pro stock
belv2vert66  Offline
pro stock
B

Back In Iowa

However, notice the sceen name, I am guessing it is someone else.....

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: belv2vert66] #46551
10/25/07 08:05 PM
10/25/07 08:05 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46552
10/25/07 08:23 PM
10/25/07 08:23 PM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

these guys can dish it out but when you question thier parts they can't take it. they cry and whine like little kids. who ever the new guy is keep it up. and that factory exact thing, yeh right. where do you come up with this?its called aftermarket.reproduction that does not look like original.you guys have a good day. keep up the good work stranger

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46553
10/25/07 08:43 PM
10/25/07 08:43 PM
The Last Frontier
Alaska_A12 Offline
master
Alaska_A12  Offline
master

The Last Frontier
Quote:

these guys can dish it out but when you question thier parts they can't take it. they cry and whine like little kids. who ever the new guy is keep it up. and that factory exact thing, yeh right. where do you come up with this?its called aftermarket.reproduction that does not look like original.you guys have a good day. keep up the good work stranger

Jerry,

You aren't trying to get the thread locked are you? Does read a bit like a sales pitch though.

3906123-salesman.gif (222 downloads)

______________________________________________ http://regcars.homestead.com/car107.html
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46554
10/25/07 08:48 PM
10/25/07 08:48 PM
Zzyzx Road
beepbeep Offline
moparts member
beepbeep  Offline
moparts member

Zzyzx Road
What a hypocrite. No wonder the Mopar hobby does not progress.

Amazing how an unchallenged lie can become the absolute truth.
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Alaska_A12] #46555
10/25/07 08:49 PM
10/25/07 08:49 PM
Zzyzx Road
beepbeep Offline
moparts member
beepbeep  Offline
moparts member

Zzyzx Road
Quote:

Quote:

Jerry,

You aren't trying to get the thread locked are you? Does read a bit like a sales pitch though.

I will, what an idiot.

Amazing how an unchallenged lie can become the absolute truth.
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: beepbeep] #46556
10/25/07 09:05 PM
10/25/07 09:05 PM
Flay, NC
S
Showtime Offline
Showtime  Offline
S

Flay, NC
O.K guys enough is enough. I have never came on here and called the carpet"exact" because no matter how hard you try nothing is ever the same way twice. I am however trying to get the carpet manufactured as close as possible to original, and with that said it can never be exact. However we have been doing some in depth R&D and the carpet comes out a whole lot more defined when the jute is not being attached in the molding process, so as of right now we are prototyping not attaching the jute and putting it in separately. I will keep all of you posted and I ask that all of those involved in the mudslinging just relax and calm down because had I known it was going to cause all of this I would have never gone through the trouble. And for those who have never endured trying to get something done the most accurate way compared to original, everybody has their definition of original. So please be patient and I hope to have a product that the majority will be more than happy with and will be a product that will be alot closer than we have ever had.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jerry,

I will, what an idiot.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46557
10/25/07 09:10 PM
10/25/07 09:10 PM
Flay, NC
S
Showtime Offline
Showtime  Offline
S

Flay, NC
Re: Motor Parts South Carpet [Re: gtx6970]
#3847960 - Mon Oct 01 2007 09:36 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not to mention factory carpet was ever folded, crumpled and stuffed into a box the size of a milk jug either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good point Bill, I remember my 69 charger I picked up at the dealer in 69 with 0 miles, everytime I would vacuum it I would complain about the small wrinkle it had near the gas pedal. I once thought there was somthing under it left by the workers, eventualy I forgot about it and then it was gone, completely gone......

This is a reply from another post, this gentleman had a Charger new in 69 and he even states that it had a wrinkle in it when he bought it new.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46558
10/25/07 09:16 PM
10/25/07 09:16 PM
Warrenton, VA
RoadRunnerJD Offline
master
RoadRunnerJD  Offline
master

Warrenton, VA
Don't let this Forum discussion make any difference in what you're doing! I'm sure it will be a nice alternative to what's available now. I can't even vacuum my ACC carpet without pulling threads! Hopefully you do have the heel pad in the correct location? My main complaint with all the 68-70 B-body carpets that I've replaced over the years is that it was very difficult to get the gas pedal in the corner of the heel pad in the factory location. You always had to move the carpet up and over and that made it hard to fit at the driver's sill, etc., etc. I'm sure your efforts will be worth listening to this little bit of BS on the board.

Quote:

O.K guys enough is enough. I have never came on here and called the carpet"exact" because no matter how hard you try nothing is ever the same way twice. I am however trying to get the carpet manufactured as close as possible to original, and with that said it can never be exact. However we have been doing some in depth R&D and the carpet comes out a whole lot more defined when the jute is not being attached in the molding process, so as of right now we are prototyping not attaching the jute and putting it in separately. I will keep all of you posted and I ask that all of those involved in the mudslinging just relax and calm down because had I known it was going to cause all of this I would have never gone through the trouble. And for those who have never endured trying to get something done the most accurate way compared to original, everybody has their definition of original. So please be patient and I hope to have a product that the majority will be more than happy with and will be a product that will be alot closer than we have ever had.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jerry,

I will, what an idiot.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46559
10/25/07 09:40 PM
10/25/07 09:40 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Geoff,
The wording “exact” was used by me. It was in no way meant to create the storm that has developed. I have worked with the Ford, GM and Chrysler groups for approximately 12 years. In those 12 years I could COMBINE the negativity I have experienced with the Ford and GM groups and it would not scratch the surface of what I have experienced from a VERY SMALL segment of the Mopar group. (We even discussed this.) Most normal people appreciate when a kind gesture is offered towards their cause or benefit. I believe some of the negative people who post on here would complain about the type of boat you showed up with (to rescue them) if they were drowning. They are also the same individuals that would tell Babe Ruth how to hit home runs if they were given the chance! Sorry if the description caused any grief Geoff. Like I said, a few individuals are just looking to complain about anything they can. Keep up the good work! You are an asset to the hobby and the end results will speak for themselves. Thanks again for the extra effort regarding this cumbersome project.

Dave Walden
ECS

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46560
10/25/07 10:25 PM
10/25/07 10:25 PM
Lower AZ
AZ-Nick Offline
Here Since 1996!
AZ-Nick  Offline
Here Since 1996!

Lower AZ
Quote:

Re: Motor Parts South Carpet [Re: gtx6970]
#3847960 - Mon Oct 01 2007 09:36 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Quote:

not to mention factory carpet was ever folded, crumpled and stuffed into a box the size of a milk jug either.

good point Bill, I remember my 69 charger I picked up at the dealer in 69 with 0 miles, everytime I would vacuum it I would complain about the small wrinkle it had near the gas pedal. I once thought there was somthing under it left by the workers, eventualy I forgot about it and then it was gone, completely gone......

This is a reply from another post, this gentleman had a Charger new in 69 and he even states that it had a wrinkle in it when he bought it new.

This was me and as I was reading your reply I said to myself, there were others....... Then I read it was my quote.....
As the owner of Nicks I do sell a lot of carpets and yes, NONE are perfect, or shall I say none are exact, and each manufacture has an issue or flaw with there carpet that is why it is called a reproduction.....
But every 5 out of 10 calls I get from customers, I always get asked "I want the original looking and fitting carpet you sell"...... That is a time bomb waiting to happen, when I tell them my opinion on the different carpets out there, some will understand and 1 or 2 will say, "Sorry, I was told by @@@@@ that this is an exact to the original so I am buying it from them".... See ya, I would rather loose a sale then to sell and hear about it later, some people will complain about the food they are eating even when it is free.....

And yes I am following this post as close as anyone else, I too am looking for the best carpet to sell......

71 GTX 4sp Dana GY9 HD Road King
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19