Franklinville,NJ
J
JeffsCustomPaint Offline OP
master
JeffsCustomPaint  Offline OP
master
J

Franklinville,NJ
is ther anyone who makes the trunk floor to quarter drop down panels. I need to replace the ones on my friends 67 Coronet and he was telling me he didn't know of anyone making them.66 Chargers may be the same but not sure if they are available either. I don't need the trunk floor as I'm cutting that out of the car for fuel cell placement and it's in good shape and can be used in another project so I will be drilling out all the spot welds and saving the floor and putting it forsale as it is a very useable trunk floor for someone who wants to restore their 67 Coronet to original, as the spare tire well has no holes at all and I will sandblast it and epoxy prime it so that it will be ready to be installed and protect it till someone buys it.
I also could use lower rear quarter patch panels but can make them myself just as easy as I did for a 66 Charger I restored but the inner drop down panels would be harder to make and would be nice if I could buy some to make it easier

Re: Source for aftermarket sheetmetal/B Body [Re: JeffsCustomPaint] #461230
09/07/09 03:14 PM
09/07/09 03:14 PM
Jacksonville Florida
elitecustombody Offline
pro stock
elitecustombody  Offline
pro stock

Jacksonville Florida
did you check www.autometaldirect.com ?

Re: Source for aftermarket sheetmetal/B Body [Re: elitecustombody] #461231
09/07/09 06:48 PM
09/07/09 06:48 PM
Franklinville,NJ
J
JeffsCustomPaint Offline OP
master
JeffsCustomPaint  Offline OP
master
J

Franklinville,NJ
thanks for the link,
they didn't have what i needed as no one really makes parts for the 66-67 b body's as they weren't popular enough to make it profitable to produce aftermarket metal.I saved the link for other projucts i may have in the future as they have alot of other Mopar metal so i never know if I will get a side project that i need new sheetmetal for.
I kinda gave up on restorations for awhile after I closed my shop but if I do one on the side every now and then it's extra money and people know me from my old shop,I just went into hidding after I closed my shop.
Now I have a shop for my own hobby and can make extra money there doing kustom stuff as I airbrush also.

Re: Source for aftermarket sheetmetal/B Body [Re: JeffsCustomPaint] #461232
09/07/09 06:55 PM
09/07/09 06:55 PM
340dart4spd Offline
Parts Problem
340dart4spd  Offline
Parts Problem

Quote:

thanks for the link,
they didn't have what i needed as no one really makes parts for the 66-67 b body's as they weren't popular enough to make it profitable to produce aftermarket metal.I saved the link for other projucts i may have in the future as they have alot of other Mopar metal so i never know if I will get a side project that i need new sheetmetal for.
I kinda gave up on restorations for awhile after I closed my shop but if I do one on the side every now and then it's extra money and people know me from my old shop,I just went into hidding after I closed my shop.
Now I have a shop for my own hobby and can make extra money there doing kustom stuff as I airbrush also.

try here

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

the ext are not bad.. i would make my own quarter patches..very easy to do on the 66-7 models