07/25/09 08:48 PM
Sacramento, CA, USA
S
steeters Offline
steeters  Offline
S

Sacramento, CA, USA
Thanks John,

I think we were meaning the same thing when you said 'push' and I said 'pull.' If that's the case, should I remove any slack from the throttle rod...for example, the moment I give the gas pedal a push down - the throttle rod should immediately follow the carb linkage?
Is it okay (necessary even) for the transmission lever to be under some tension, even at rest? Or, should it be under no tension until the gas pedal has traveled 1/4 of it's way to the floor?

Thanks again,

Steve
Quote:

You say the carb "pulls" the throttle rod?

Mopars push the linkage, and the back of the carb stud must remain in constant contact with the rear of the slot on the top rod.

However your linkage is configured, to get later shifts you want the transmission lever further to the rear for any given throttle opening.

AMC Fan '70 Javelin SST 390 (now 401 with TC727)
Re: 727 shifting too quick??? [Re: Dougsmopars] #382720
07/26/09 12:01 AM
07/26/09 12:01 AM
Modesto CA
B
BFASTER Offline OP
mopar
BFASTER  Offline OP
mopar
B

Modesto CA
Quote:

shifting into 3 by 25 sounds about right but not feeling it [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] sounds like a problem. Check the adjustment on your kickdown. It controls trans presure.

I checked and it seems a little loose. I have a Lokar KD and it was installed by my mechanic. (Yeah, I don't do much of the mechanical work on my own car) Anyway, when I manually 'advance' the throttle, the KD cable makes the KD lever move; I can hear it. So maybe I started this whole post for nothing. I apologize to anyone I've offended.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Hardtop 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Page 2 of 2 1 2