07/20/09 11:25 AM
07/20/09 11:25 AM
Columbus, Ohio
wheelsup68dart Offline OP
master
wheelsup68dart  Offline OP
master

Columbus, Ohio
I will try to tell a little story about my weekend at Martin. After sitting thru a little spitting rain Friday that canceled the test and tune, action got underway saturday as scheduled. My first pass in Dart had me a little concerned at completion as it did not feel quite right in high gear. When I got back to the pit spot I took a look underneath and saw a pretty sizable transmission fluid leak, I also spotted a crack in my flexplate. At Mancinis I found the flexplate and new pump seal, but could not aquire a new pump bushing for 904. Trans out and repaired minus pump bushing(also found crack in converter snout at pump drive). Thanks to good friends helping out the exchange was seamless. Dennis McCarty, Russ konkoski, Orb McCoy, Dad, Art Gomes, Tom Gibbons, John Cope, Tom Ludwig, Greg Galliher, thank you for all the help. Without hesitation Steelhead and Mark Claypool offered up their ride to allow me to qualify in 10.0 competition to not lose points. Not that often that someone just lets you run their 8.90 car on a whim. I will say this I enjoyed the ride very much very easy to stage and allowed me to be very consistent on tree. I was running a little delay to not go red, but if no delay would have been in box my lights thru 10.0 competition woulda been between .002 and .009 on the .400 tree. With a little luck I made it to the finals where Pat Norton put an outstanding .009 package against me to win. I got the Dart back together, but not in time to make the 1st round of Box gambler, so it stayed parked till Sunday. 1st time run Sunday and 9.66 ET back to normal. Was not feling to confident in no box ride as I was struggling to find sweet spot in staging beams to cut the light needed. So Sunday result were as follows. S/P lost rnd 1 with .010 red light, bought back in and won buyback, 3rd rnd race was quite awesome even in losing effort Canadian Keith McKellar and his 69 dart, we were both .012 on the light and got to look in each others window all the way down the track. keith took the stripe by .0076 WTG Keith. In Pro I made it to the third rnd befoe losing in a double breakout. Sportsman I got thru rnd 1 with a little luck, but out tree'd everyone from there on out and drove some really tight stripes. Helped that late in rnds I found the sweet spot and kept my lights between .02's and .04's taking the victory over Earl Hall in a double breakout final. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Re: Highs and Lows at Martin [Re: wheelsup68dart] #380837
07/20/09 11:51 AM
07/20/09 11:51 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
It was great to have you and Earl(Crocodile Dundee)in the final.