08/20/07 10:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Ok, I fixed the slash, incedentally I dont even have a button for that slash, but I copied the one you made and fixed it. Still no pics.

Not sure if your photobucket is the same as mine, but mine have always worked. Mine shows the following 4 link types, I have never used the 1st one. I know in both IE ver 6 and IE virus 7 under XP, double clicking the picture link saves it to the clipboard, then you just have to post it to the thread.

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Here are examples
Direct Link:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/dpaul504/Del%20Sol/CIMG0913.jpg

HTML Tag does not work on most forums, I use it for web pages.

IMG Code does work, but this forum changes the coding to image and /image at the end with the [] around it. Just post the IMG code ... and it will change when you save it and it will work.

For what it's worth, you are better off using the Direct Link, then the folks that wanna see your pix will click them, and those that don't won't eat up any bandwidth limitations on the photobucket site, I don't think I have any since I am a paying member, but going through the 100+ pages and seeing the broken links all over the place tells me that others have had problems with bandwidth due to the volume of readers on these threads.

I took the time to cut and past most of your links .... and looked at most of your pix. Seems like prep is not going so good either. I have not started this method yet, even testing, but from my past experience, any paint will only look as good as the subsurface, unless you put it on real thick and can let is sit a few years to dry ... but then it probably still won't be acceptble closer than 5 feet. Once I get this del sol done I will keep a while, then may move to something else. I don't plan to churn out more than a few a year, hell the last time I sold more than 4 cars in a year the state came knocking on my door wanting me to get a dealer license. I am in my 40's .... how the hell am I gonna be able to drive the hell out of all the desirable cars if I can only do it 4 cars a year. Hopefully they have changed in the last 15 years. Take some time, you may be able to get more when you resell ... maybe even 2000 or more more.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37355
08/20/07 10:53 PM
08/20/07 10:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Think this would work for removing door dings?
http://ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/33293

That is a cool method. Years ago we used to use the heat and shrink method of popping soft dents out .... but with the heavier gauge of metal of our heavy muscle cars we used a torch and doused it with water .... of course that was not good for the paint at all. I know a heat gun would curdle the paint also. But a hair dryer should work well with the thinner body metal on todays cars. I will have to try that on some of the soft dents on the del sol's front fenders.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37356
08/21/07 06:47 PM
08/21/07 06:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A little update.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Ghia109/P1040762.jpg?t=1187323473

Im planning to finish up this weekend.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37357
08/22/07 01:18 AM
08/22/07 01:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

The problem is with posting your pics is with your slash. He said to make it "\image" you have it as "/image".

As for the paint problem, your wal-mart buffer is too weak for the job. It might be good for a wax job, but to polish a paint job after wet sanding, you need some serious speed.

Ok, I fixed the slash, incedentally I dont even have a button for that slash, but I copied the one you made and fixed it. Still no pics.

MEAN88Si4WS:
Can't believe you don't have the "/" key (forward slash) on your keyboard --- unless you are using some unusual non-English keyboard; but even those should have it since its a standard computer thing. The forward slash is the same key as the ? (question mark) on standard English language keyboards.

I'm going to try posting one of your pics using the Photobucket link from the original post. Let's see if it works for me.

[image]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/BAD91Si/b1.jpg?t=1187583579[/image]

... Nope. That didn't work.

Let's try this instead:

[image]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/BAD91Si/b1.jpg[/image]

Trying one that worked in a previous post:
[image]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/dmrvos/Vand_0.jpg[/image]

Last edited by Black Mariah; 08/22/07 01:43 AM.
Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37358
08/22/07 01:28 AM
08/22/07 01:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I tried changing that one before to I M G without spaces .... and it did not work. I am not sure what it is, I know my links for the I M G files have a real filename with a .jpg at the end of the path.

Okay that didn't work, now let me post my I M G one from my pbucket account like I did for my Del Sol

Tried your link again .... it doesn't work when I put it above or below mine ... and it doesn't show my pic either when I have it above or below, but when my link is alone it works.

You may have to recopy all the link in from your pbucket account, instead of editing what is there.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37359
08/22/07 01:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are seeing my pictures ... or am I just seeing them because I am logged into my pbucket from this machine and my work machine doesn't show pbucket pix so I can't check it there.

I noticed mine did not show when I had IMG or image with the [] edited into the text anywhere, but my cut an paste worked when it was alone, and a few pages back I did more than one pic in a post and I think those are all working.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37360

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK. New post, fresh copy from Photobucket:

OK. This worked. Not sure why, but it was a new post (not an edit). Did a copy of the "direct link" from Photobucket and then used the "Image" link on the posting page -- which then wrapped it with the [image] stuff. Weird.

BTW -- if it is working, you WILL see the picture displayed when you preview your message before posting.

Last edited by Black Mariah; 08/22/07 01:50 AM.
Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37361
08/22/07 01:51 AM
08/22/07 01:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

You guys are seeing my pictures ... or am I just seeing them because I am logged into my pbucket from this machine and my work machine doesn't show pbucket pix so I can't check it there.

I noticed mine did not show when I had IMG or image with the [] edited into the text anywhere, but my cut an paste worked when it was alone, and a few pages back I did more than one pic in a post and I think those are all working.

I saw the picture of your Silver Beetle on the trailer just fine.

Last edited by Black Mariah; 08/22/07 01:58 AM.
Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37362
08/22/07 01:58 AM
08/22/07 01:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I was the picture of your Silver Beetle on the trailer.

And I see you with the glass of Chardoney. And that's a dyno ... see the front wheel is blurred. Dissapointingly it only did 179.9WHP that day.

I can't understand why editing it does not work. And having one edited one in the post blows all the others from showing. I have never noticed this on any of the other forums I post pbucket images to.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37363
08/22/07 02:07 AM
08/22/07 02:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

I was the picture of your Silver Beetle on the trailer.

And I see you with the glass of Chardoney. And that's a dyno ... see the front wheel is blurred. Dissapointingly it only did 179.9WHP that day.

I can't understand why editing it does not work. And having one edited one in the post blows all the others from showing. I have never noticed this on any of the other forums I post pbucket images to.

Yep, I see that it's a dyno. As well, to set the record straight, that's a BEER in my hand (don't forget this is a Mopar forum!) in front of a mosque in Istanbul. Kinda funny when you think about it...

Anyway, the image posting here is flaky. Some other things about the forum are less than ideal too. Maybe it's time to start an independent Rollers and Brushers Forum. I'll ponder it in my spare time.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37364
08/22/07 02:34 PM
08/22/07 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just thought I would share with all of you.

I wrote this previously:

#2579603 - Tue Apr 25 2006 12:05 PM

BTW used to have a '70 Dodge Dart Custom with the slant six. It was that nice pale yellow in color with black interior, with green cloth inserts on the seats. Someday I will have another Dart, someday...

Well TODAY is SOMEDAY!!! Just picked up an original owner 1975 Dart Swinger with the 225 slant six!!!

I am ecstatic. The paint is old and needs refreshing and the vinyl top needs to be replaced, and there is some surface rust and probably more due to the vinyl top that I will have to take care of, but overall is it straight, solid, and complete. Even have original registration, manuals, window sticker, etc.

So, this will be a great candidate for the roller method. I will be sticking with a gloss white to keep factory look to it.

Just had to share...

Roll on.

3722858-dart3.jpg (357 downloads)
Last edited by cyberbackpacker; 08/22/07 02:35 PM.
Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37365
08/22/07 03:49 PM
08/22/07 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5th coat

3722984-coat5002.jpg (434 downloads)
Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37366
08/22/07 04:15 PM
08/22/07 04:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o ive been on this from teh begining but havent really tried it. tried spraying it and it sux so im probably going to use the roller method. i've been trying to get a darker red color. fire red is to orangey/red. i went to canadian tire and they have a tint base so i asked the lady what colors they have and she pulled out a folder with "tremclad paint codes" and she pulled the section where they had red paints...except i couldnt tell the difference from one red to another because it was printed and it was laminated. anyone have any comments etc?

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37367
08/22/07 05:22 PM
08/22/07 05:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

try rustoluem red mixed with rustoleum black

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37368
08/22/07 06:55 PM
08/22/07 06:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wouldnt it be easier/cheaper to just get it tinted?

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37369
08/22/07 07:05 PM
08/22/07 07:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I recall reading that combination makes brown.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37370
08/22/07 09:56 PM
08/22/07 09:56 PM
Illinois
S
samick007 Offline
samick007  Offline
S

Illinois
Quote:

Quote:

I recall reading that combination makes brown.

i used to work in a paint store (now a painter) and adding black to red will eventually start to brown it out. If you start out fire engine red and add black it will quickly brown. You'll need to find either a deep red base to add the black to or just have something tinted up to the color you prefer.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. [Re: samick007] #37371
08/22/07 11:22 PM
08/22/07 11:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gracias! yea i even emailed rustoleum/tremcald and asked them which "tint code" is a darker/deeper red and they said they cant give that out =\ i think the guy was confused - he kept mumbling that we cant tell you what to mix to get that color? geniuses!

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37372
08/23/07 12:44 AM
08/23/07 12:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Gracias! yea i even emailed rustoleum/tremcald and asked them which "tint code" is a darker/deeper red and they said they cant give that out =\ i think the guy was confused - he kept mumbling that we cant tell you what to mix to get that color? geniuses!

I'm not an expert on mixing, but I played one at a home improvement store 23 years ago. I would think a medium or dark blue or maybe a deep purple ... if they make one. There is a burgundy color I like from Pettit ... look near the beginning of this #3 thread for a beetle with it, don't know if that is what you are going for.

Re: New Paint job on a budget thread. #37373
08/23/07 09:19 AM
08/23/07 09:19 AM
St. Clair Shores, Michigan
bigsbigelow Offline
pro stock
bigsbigelow  Offline
pro stock

St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Can duplicolor's new DIY paint be rolled?? On duplicolor's site they specify that the paint is already thin enough to spray, will this work for rolling? I just was wondering because of the color selection they have.

Ryan "Bigs" '73 Duster (BLKDUST) - Black, 100% factory sheet metal, flat hood, 346 cid, J Heads, and a bench seat. http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/bigsbigelow/ Best to date: 12.40 @ 109 mph
Page 53 of 167 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 166 167