07/05/09 09:40 AM
07/05/09 09:40 AM
vineland nj
P
pontiac58 Offline OP
pontiac58  Offline OP
P

vineland nj
Last night pulling the race car home from the track we ran over a dead rabbit or something small like that. Well a bone cut the tire. Luckily we were close to home and just made it in the driveway. I figured i would just patch the tire and put it back in service. Well its a slice not a hole. So the tire is junk.

Here is the problem. The tires are orginal to the trailer and about 15 years old. One other one was run low on air before i bought the trailer and the tire is worn funny.

I do trust the other tires, there not dry rotten at all and dont have any plugs or patches.

Well so here are my questions.

1. replace them all with bias ply tires

2. replace them all with radial tires.

3. replace two with bias ply and run two new and two old.

And no i wont run car tires. My trailer has 14 wheels and 14 inch car tires just are strong enough.

So what are everyone thoughts on radial vs bias ply trailer tires. I have never towed a trailer that had radials trailer tires.

thanks

Im a jeep nut with a dodge truck to drag the jeep home after a weekend on the trails.
Re: Trailer tire questions??? Kinda OT [Re: pontiac58] #367119
07/05/09 10:04 AM
07/05/09 10:04 AM
Greenville, PA
redraptor Offline
master
redraptor  Offline
master

Greenville, PA
1. Replace all with bias ply and keep the good 2 for spares to carry with you if you got extra rims.

Re: Trailer tire questions??? Kinda OT [Re: pontiac58] #367120
07/05/09 10:23 AM
07/05/09 10:23 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Last night pulling the race car home from the track we ran over a dead rabbit or something small like that. Well a bone cut the tire. Luckily we were close to home and just made it in the driveway. I figured i would just patch the tire and put it back in service. Well its a slice not a hole. So the tire is junk.

Here is the problem. The tires are orginal to the trailer and about 15 years old. One other one was run low on air before i bought the trailer and the tire is worn funny.

I do trust the other tires, there not dry rotten at all and dont have any plugs or patches.

Well so here are my questions.

1. replace them all with bias ply tires

2. replace them all with radial tires.

3. replace two with bias ply and run two new and two old.

And no i wont run car tires. My trailer has 14 wheels and 14 inch car tires just are strong enough.

So what are everyone thoughts on radial vs bias ply trailer tires. I have never towed a trailer that had radials trailer tires.

thanks

Replace all 4, 15 years are too old.