T
TripleTX9 Offline OP
John with a "G"
TripleTX9  Offline OP
John with a "G"
T

Car Country
Hey everyone,
I am haveing a problem with the speed of my heater/blower fan. I have low, I have medium but when I put the fan to High, it drops back to approximatly the same speed as low.
I have had this problem with my blower fan speed since I finished the car and it was low on the list of 'needs to be done' but now it is in the top 5 (the checklist is getting smaller....but it is a slow process ). So here goes:
The car is a 1971 Challenger with A/C. The following things have been done, but I know that it doesn't mean there may still not be a problem in these areas, but just so you know all the variables.
The I.P. harness was checked and serviced at M&H Electrical before going in the car and it checked and it passed with flying colors and an NOS block was added. I have replaced the fan speed switch with an NOS unit (possibly a bad one ), heater/AC box rebuilt. The only thing I haven't replaced is the blower motor resistor and the blower motor itself. Electrical is probably my worst subject of the whole car hobby, so bear with me. My understanding is that the blower resistor motor would limit the lower speeds and not the high speed if it is malfunctioning? The resistor looks ok visiually (no broken coils) so I am kind of scratching my head on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciatted!

Thanks in advance
John with a G

Re: 71 Challenger with A/C my Blower has no High Speed [Re: TripleTX9] #356745
06/24/09 03:52 PM
06/24/09 03:52 PM
texas
M
magnum440 Offline
enthusiast
magnum440  Offline
enthusiast
M

texas
check your switch make sure that it has continuity on high position..if ok then its resistor,make sure u dont have the two wires crossed i think brwn n green on resistor...i put mine thru a relay so all current doesnt go thru switch bad about burning....

5312766-100_0455.JPG (70 downloads)