06/04/09 09:31 AM
06/04/09 09:31 AM
Ohio
I
iron6 Offline OP
iron6  Offline OP
I

Ohio
I'm removing the ballast resistor and ECU box on a 72 Challenger. Replacing it with the Pertronix billet plug and play distributor. Here's the challenge the directions only show how to wire it to the coil red to pos and black to neg. How do you rewire the ballast resistor and where do the wires from the ECU connect. I'm sure someone has done this on this site. Looking for a wiring diagram. Thanks for the help

Re: HELP ! Electronic Distributor [Re: iron6] #337955
06/04/09 09:56 AM
06/04/09 09:56 AM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida
I think you put a solid wire in the shell of the BR..or conect the ends of the BR wires to gether for a full 12volts

I think you can leave all the ecu crap in place

I run a points dist with the pertronix points conversion on my 85 truck

I just hooked the red to positive side of coil with the keyed/hot wire from harness and the black wire to the negitive side of coil

all wireing and ecu crap is still hooked up and in place...just by passed with the conversion unit in the dizzy

cant tell unless you are looking for the wiresout of the dizzy

if you got the billet plug and play dist thats the newest thing out

some one was installing one the other day and had a lot of probs and did not work right

may do a search for that thred and read it

good luck with it

Re: HELP ! Electronic Distributor [Re: scratchnfotraction] #337956
06/04/09 12:06 PM
06/04/09 12:06 PM
close enough to branson, mo
R
razorback Offline
razorback  Offline
R

close enough to branson, mo
i bought the procomp ready to run and installed it a few days ago, all the instructions said for me to do was run an ign + wire and the positive wire to the positive side of coil, then run the neg side of coil to the black wire on dist. thats all i had to hook up on mine. yours s hould be similiar. its VERY simple dhould be all you need, since the ecu is pretty much in the distributor and you wont need a ballast. you may need an aftermarket coil like the blaster 2, like what i have but that depends.

Mazda Rx7 getting a 360..more details later..