12/19/23 02:03 PM
12/19/23 02:03 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
this is a very PUBLIC APOLOGY to our member 6PAX, as well as the rest of our MOPARTS family !

Jim, i am so sorry i failed you on the time line i had promised on getting the kick down linkage out to you so it could easily be installed.
i never mentioned my dear wife has lost her memory, and i struggle daily with this. as long as i'm still above ground, she will not be put in a home.
i also have MS, and lately, it seems to be getting worse.
and now, i have a knee replacement i need to take care of............

i pride myself as a man of my word, and i have failed to live up to this standard...............
this apology has been long OVERDUE, and to all, i'm SORRY i failed in my commitment to our member 6PAX.
what was to be an easy installation has turned into an extremely frustrating hard to do install, as this is now having to be done with the engine and transmission, plus headers installed in Jim's A-body.
if i had lived up to my word, this would not have happened.

Jim, please accept my most humble apology, and i am SO SORRY i have caused you this unnecessary inconvenience..........

to our members, please accept my most humble apology that i did not live up to my word to one of our fellow MOPARTS members............

i am TRULY SORRY for all the inconvenience this has caused, and the faith of our MOPARTS fellowship i have let down.

to all, i am TRULY, TRULY, SORRY, and if possible, and you may see fit, please forgive me for my actions concerning this matter.

Eric

Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: moparx] #3198634
12/19/23 02:37 PM
12/19/23 02:37 PM
N.W. Florida
F
Fat_Mike Offline
master
Fat_Mike  Offline
master
F

N.W. Florida
First off I'm not trying to wade into the agreement that you 6PAX had. That's between you two...
But what I want you to know (IMO) is that a public apology was unnecessary. I'm sure you've apologized to 6PAX, as it's obvious that this circumstance is playing heavy on your mind. Regardless of the high standards that you hold yourself to, we ALL fall a little bit short now and then. It sucks, and it obviously bothers you, guess what? No one else here is perfect either. Hopefully you've made the situation as good as you can by now, and honestly, that's all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over falling a little bit short. I don't know 6PAX circumstance (and it's non of my business), but I promise you it wasn't one of life and death.
Take care of yourself, take care of your wife, and hold your head high. You're a good man. twocents

Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: Fat_Mike] #3198641
12/19/23 02:56 PM
12/19/23 02:56 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
First off I'm not trying to wade into the agreement that you 6PAX had. That's between you two...
But what I want you to know (IMO) is that a public apology was unnecessary. I'm sure you've apologized to 6PAX, as it's obvious that this circumstance is playing heavy on your mind. Regardless of the high standards that you hold yourself to, we ALL fall a little bit short now and then. It sucks, and it obviously bothers you, guess what? No one else here is perfect either. Hopefully you've made the situation as good as you can by now, and honestly, that's all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over falling a little bit short. I don't know 6PAX circumstance (and it's non of my business), but I promise you it wasn't one of life and death.
Take care of yourself, take care of your wife, and hold your head high. You're a good man. twocents

I'll agree 1000% Your first obligation is to yourself and your wife. Not sure what the above was about and it is none of my business. It would appear as though you made good on the transaction once you were able to. Life sometimes gets in the way and a reasonable person will understand that. I consider you to be a contributory member of this site as well as a friend although we've never met or talked outside of here.
Nuff said beer

Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: moparx] #3198642
12/19/23 02:57 PM
12/19/23 02:57 PM
Detroit area
6PAX Offline
master
6PAX  Offline
master

Detroit area
There is absolutely no need for an apology Eric. I truly appreciate your efforts in helping me with my linkage situation. It will all work out with the parts you provided so don't worry about it. You have more important things to be concerned with. Blessings to you and your wife and I hope the best for you both. Thank you very much.

Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: moparx] #3198677
12/19/23 04:57 PM
12/19/23 04:57 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by moparx
this is a very PUBLIC APOLOGY to our member 6PAX, as well as the rest of our MOPARTS family !

Jim, i am so sorry i failed you on the time line i had promised on getting the kick down linkage out to you so it could easily be installed.
i never mentioned my dear wife has lost her memory, and i struggle daily with this. as long as i'm still above ground, she will not be put in a home.
i also have MS, and lately, it seems to be getting worse.
and now, i have a knee replacement i need to take care of............

i pride myself as a man of my word, and i have failed to live up to this standard...............
this apology has been long OVERDUE, and to all, i'm SORRY i failed in my commitment to our member 6PAX.
what was to be an easy installation has turned into an extremely frustrating hard to do install, as this is now having to be done with the engine and transmission, plus headers installed in Jim's A-body.
if i had lived up to my word, this would not have happened.

Jim, please accept my most humble apology, and i am SO SORRY i have caused you this unnecessary inconvenience..........

to our members, please accept my most humble apology that i did not live up to my word to one of our fellow MOPARTS members............

i am TRULY SORRY for all the inconvenience this has caused, and the faith of our MOPARTS fellowship i have let down.

to all, i am TRULY, TRULY, SORRY, and if possible, and you may see fit, please forgive me for my actions concerning this matter.

Eric

I may be mistaken but don’t you live here in Arizona? Phoenix area? If so, I can help you out getting the part sent out

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: dart4forte] #3198731
12/19/23 09:03 PM
12/19/23 09:03 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
So sorry to hear of your wife's struggles. That has got to be one of the most difficult things a person can face. Unimaginable sadness and pain for you I'm sure.

She comes before anything car related and that you handle her struggles with NO regrets.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: larrymopar360] #3199135
12/21/23 02:17 PM
12/21/23 02:17 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rule #6, Never say you're sorry! Having said that, it takes a real man to admit that you screwed up, no matter how trivial... up

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: a Public Apology ! [Re: Rhinodart] #3199156
12/21/23 03:26 PM
12/21/23 03:26 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
you guys are way TOO kind..............
the parts have been delivered, and i think they will work.
however, i WANTED and INTENDED to get them out so they could be attached to the transmission before the engine/transmission/K member installation was done.
as almost everyone here knows, a big block A-body has almost NO extra room once that assembly is installed, so having the KD linkage in hand before doing so would make the installation of same SO much easier.
especially since the bell crank and pivot stud has to be shortened a bunch, and the rod from the bell crank has to be bent to be as close to the case as possible and still function, due to the TTI header design.
my wife CERTAINLY comes before ALL automotive endeavors, and i realize i can't take care of her if i'm all gacked up, but it still BUGGS me i didn't deliver on time as i PROMISED before the engine/transmission/K member was installed............
i guess i have a weak conscious........
beer