12/19/23 03:37 PM
12/19/23 03:37 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
I had zero luck with the crimped fittings. After the 3rd one started to leak, I switched to Aeroquip EZ Clip system. The hose is almost half the OD and it's a a simple squeeze of a plier type tool to lock the clamps. You can assemble everything, adjust all the fitting clockings and then click all the clamps, done. Fittings are reusable.

https://youtu.be/a3k1zDGNujI?si=8U_cJ-956br3VTpT

Kevin

Re: Will this AC hose crimper do the job? [Re: Twostick] #3198662
12/19/23 03:59 PM
12/19/23 03:59 PM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by Twostick
I had zero luck with the crimped fittings. After the 3rd one started to leak, I switched to Aeroquip EZ Clip system. The hose is almost half the OD and it's a a simple squeeze of a plier type tool to lock the clamps. You can assemble everything, adjust all the fitting clockings and then click all the clamps, done. Fittings are reusable.

https://youtu.be/a3k1zDGNujI?si=8U_cJ-956br3VTpT

Kevin

Common problem is the hose and fittings need to match. If you are using the correct hose and fittings they will not leak. I will bet I have done close to 100 with zero failures.

Re: Will this AC hose crimper do the job? [Re: NITROUSN] #3198775
12/19/23 11:08 PM
12/19/23 11:08 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
You would think, but I used the VintageAir hose kit and borrowed the correct tool for that system and used it per the instructions which IIRC was to tighten until it bottomed out. It's been quite a few years now but I think it was Gates hose and fittings. I then recrimped them with a different tool that allowed you to squeeze them tighter and still no good. I'm aware that if I somehow messed up the first time, recrimping might not fix the problem.

Once I discovered the Aeroquip EZ, it was so long crimp fittings. I've used it on my big truck too. As quick as you can squeeze the pliers, you're done. Literally click click.

Kevin

Re: Will this AC hose crimper do the job? [Re: Twostick] #3198905
12/20/23 03:55 PM
12/20/23 03:55 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Twostick
You would think, but I used the VintageAir hose kit and borrowed the correct tool for that system and used it per the instructions which IIRC was to tighten until it bottomed out. It's been quite a few years now but I think it was Gates hose and fittings. I then recrimped them with a different tool that allowed you to squeeze them tighter and still no good. I'm aware that if I somehow messed up the first time, recrimping might not fix the problem.

Once I discovered the Aeroquip EZ, it was so long crimp fittings. I've used it on my big truck too. As quick as you can squeeze the pliers, you're done. Literally click click.

Kevin

If it was the manual screw down version my original Mastercool unit had two red lines scribed 1/8" above to completely closed position. The instructions at the time said to stop at the red lines. I just checked their website and the instructions are the same. I am not sure how one is supposed to determine what step 8 means shruggy confused

Also had a Vintage air install where the lines leaked a small amount (Lost charge over winter). When I called their tech line the said they had some issues with fittings and to over crimp the leakers. leaks gone shruggy beer

1.png
Last edited by TJP; 12/20/23 10:43 PM.
Re: Will this AC hose crimper do the job? [Re: TJP] #3198999
12/20/23 10:40 PM
12/20/23 10:40 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Anyone following, please re-read my previous post as I forgot the pic and there was an error in thinking Master Cool had changed their instructions.
I was in a hurry frown spank

Page 2 of 2 1 2