Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline OP
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline OP
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
A friend told me about this outfit called "Shiptime" https://shiptime.com They offer discount rates with virtually every courier-type carrier - Purolator, CanPar, UPS, FedEx, etc.. Initially it looks like you need to "join" somewhere but I just used my Costco membership. You can do all the work online - get a quote, create the shipment, pay and print the waybill, etc.. I don't know about "international" but it does work for domestic Canadian and U.S. as well as between Canada and the U.S..

Here's an example of the possible savings ...

I just shipped an item in Canada by Purolator. Standard price would have been $75.04. I paid $18.41

They listed all the couriers and the different rates. Purolator happened to be the cheapest for this particular shipment but I've had other quotes where CanPar and UPS were the cheapest.

The savings are definitely worth the effort !! Looks like they do freight as well.

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: Stanton] #3196839
12/11/23 10:01 PM
12/11/23 10:01 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Their reviews look pretty good. Do they offer insurance ?

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: TJP] #3197044
12/12/23 07:58 PM
12/12/23 07:58 PM
Lees Summit, MO
BrianT Offline
pro stock
BrianT  Offline
pro stock

Lees Summit, MO
A friend has been using and recommending https://www.pirateship.com/ sounds very similar. Saves him a bunch on USPS shipping.

1970 Duster 340 clone
Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: TJP] #3197091
12/12/23 11:55 PM
12/12/23 11:55 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline OP
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline OP
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Do they offer insurance ?

Of course. You're using a courier as normal - UPS, FedEx, etc - just getting a hell of a discount !!

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: Stanton] #3197265
12/13/23 05:08 PM
12/13/23 05:08 PM
A Banana Republic near you.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

A Banana Republic near you.
I have to ship an intake to the UK and they don't offer international to anywhere but Canada from the US ... that sucks

running up my post count some more .
Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: BrianT] #3197909
12/16/23 11:28 AM
12/16/23 11:28 AM
Candler,NC / Myrtle Beach, SC
J
JDMopar Offline
master
JDMopar  Offline
master
J

Originally Posted by BrianT
A friend has been using and recommending https://www.pirateship.com/ sounds very similar. Saves him a bunch on USPS shipping.

I just used Pirate Ship to send an A body 4 piston brake setup with spindles and all to a Moparts member who purchased it from me. USPS wanted $62 each to ship them and UPS was only a few bucks cheaper. The boxes were 43 lbs each and there were 2 boxes. I joined Pirate Ship for free at the recommendation of 68 CudaChick (Leanna) and shipped both boxes to the buyer for less than half of what 1 box was gonna cost thru conventional rates to the general public. Pirate Ship's best rate was with them going UPS. All I had to do was pay for and print the shipping labels, stick em on the boxes and drop them off at the UPS terminal. Easy peasy! up

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: JDMopar] #3198300
12/18/23 01:29 AM
12/18/23 01:29 AM
Florida
G
GMP440 Offline
top fuel
GMP440  Offline
top fuel
G

Florida
Originally Posted by JDMopar

I just used Pirate Ship to send an A body 4 piston brake setup with spindles and all to a Moparts member who purchased it from me. USPS wanted $62 each to ship them and UPS was only a few bucks cheaper. The boxes were 43 lbs each and there were 2 boxes. I joined Pirate Ship for free at the recommendation of 68 CudaChick (Leanna) and shipped both boxes to the buyer for less than half of what 1 box was gonna cost thru conventional rates to the general public. Pirate Ship's best rate was with them going UPS. All I had to do was pay for and print the shipping labels, stick em on the boxes and drop them off at the UPS terminal. Easy peasy! up

How did shipping time compare if you were to ship directly with Fedex, USPS, UPS, etc instead of using Pirate Ship?

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: GMP440] #3198607
12/19/23 01:15 PM
12/19/23 01:15 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by GMP440

How did shipping time compare if you were to ship directly with Fedex, USPS, UPS, etc instead of using Pirate Ship?

i use pirate ship as well. great thing to get into ! a big two thumbs up ! up up
the shipping times are as quick, or quicker than the regular UPS or USPS shipping times.
as of now, i highly recommend joining the pirate shipping group.
beer

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: GMP440] #3198762
12/19/23 10:43 PM
12/19/23 10:43 PM
J
JDMopar Offline
master
JDMopar  Offline
master
J

It was delivered the 2nd day after I shipped it. I dropped it off directly to the UPS terminal near where I live.

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: moparx] #3198763
12/19/23 10:45 PM
12/19/23 10:45 PM
J
JDMopar Offline
master
JDMopar  Offline
master
J

Originally Posted by moparx

i use pirate ship as well. great thing to get into ! a big two thumbs up ! up up
the shipping times are as quick, or quicker than the regular UPS or USPS shipping times.
as of now, i highly recommend joining the pirate shipping group.
beer

Arrrgh! An they be sendin ya messages talkin like Pirates. up

Re: Bargoon shipping rates [Re: JDMopar] #3200523
12/28/23 05:14 PM
12/28/23 05:14 PM
stratford,ontario,canada
JD340 Offline
master
JD340  Offline
master

stratford,ontario,canada
Thanks for the heads up with this post! up