jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by 360view
sample quote

Repeated throughout history, technology has enabled battlefield surprises that must be heeded.
The Pearl Harbor attack was enabled by the then-unconventional use of aircraft carriers and their long-range aircraft to strike without detection.

The modern version of such a strike would come not from aircraft carriers,
but from cyber, ballistic and cruise missiles launched from submarines off our coast or missiles launched from mainland.
Unlike 1941, the homeland is no longer beyond the reach of our principal foe.
...snip...

In short, to avert war the nation must begin winning in the great game for strategic position,
while investing and delivering on a viable military and industry able to wage a long war.
Without this, a modern Pearl Harbor and a subsequent long war occurring is only a matter of time.

end quote

https://www.heritage.org/asia/commentary/would-china-dare-launch-second-pearl-harbor-america-0

That is all fine and dandy, but when any two bit pyscho glory obsessed dictator has the capacity to in a matter of minutes take out 100? million US citizens, it might be best to be less reactive and more proactive. or suffer the consequences and add another "never forget" day tn the calendar. if we even survive

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Sad day today, December 7th [Re: TJP] #3197088
12/12/23 11:40 PM
12/12/23 11:40 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by TJP
This pretty much says it all whistling LINKY

The link's answer is obvious to me, we have become a society that is obsessed with the present, unable to sacrifice for the good of future generations, and want cheap stuff at Walmart.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Sad day today, December 7th [Re: jcc] #3197377
12/13/23 11:05 PM
12/13/23 11:05 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by TJP
This pretty much says it all whistling LINKY

The link's answer is obvious to me, we have become a society that is obsessed with the present, unable to sacrifice for the good of future generations, and want cheap stuff at Walmart.

Part of what has never been discussed or addressed is the lower prices attained by corporate America moving to China has not been passed on to to the consumers but rather to those above the glass ceilings and individuals in DC. At this point in my life I am thankful that we have no children twocents

Re: Sad day today, December 7th [Re: TJP] #3197407
12/14/23 07:57 AM
12/14/23 07:57 AM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
We did Hawaii a few years back. Did a cruise to all the popular islands...the only thing I was interested in was Pearl Harbor. Very sobering experience. IMO everyone should make it a goal to visit a couple places in their lives.... Pearl Harbor and the World Trade Center Memorial. I've been to both........very moving experience.

You should also do the Vietnam and Korean war memorials wink

I've been to Pearl Harbor twice. Last time, I was lucky to go with my Dad, who is retired Army, and we had the golden ticket to go many places most cannot. We were able to get on Base, and see things off the normal sites, like the small museums on base. We also visited the USS Utah.

This next May, my Dad and I are going on a trip to DC. I for sure want to see the Vietnam, and Korea Memorials. We are planning on driving from DC to see the USS New Jersey, and USS Wisconsin as well. I've been to 4 of the remaining Battleships. USS Missouri, USS Texas, USS Massachusetts, and USS North Carolina. My life goal is to see all 8 of the remaining Battleships.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Sad day today, December 7th [Re: JERICOGTX] #3197456
12/14/23 01:12 PM
12/14/23 01:12 PM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
We did Hawaii a few years back. Did a cruise to all the popular islands...the only thing I was interested in was Pearl Harbor. Very sobering experience. IMO everyone should make it a goal to visit a couple places in their lives.... Pearl Harbor and the World Trade Center Memorial. I've been to both........very moving experience.

You should also do the Vietnam and Korean war memorials wink

I've been to Pearl Harbor twice. Last time, I was lucky to go with my Dad, who is retired Army, and we had the golden ticket to go many places most cannot. We were able to get on Base, and see things off the normal sites, like the small museums on base. We also visited the USS Utah.

This next May, my Dad and I are going on a trip to DC. I for sure want to see the Vietnam, and Korea Memorials. We are planning on driving from DC to see the USS New Jersey, and USS Wisconsin as well. I've been to 4 of the remaining Battleships. USS Missouri, USS Texas, USS Massachusetts, and USS North Carolina. My life goal is to see all 8 of the remaining Battleships.

We toured the Wisconsin as well. We are from WI and my daughter went to school in Norfolk and lived about 3 blocks from the ship. Awesome to see!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3