Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline OP
I Live Here
TJP  Offline OP
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
I had a recent purchase on sleaze bay that the seller shipped USPS. Tthe tracking info said it was delivered to my mail box. Not sure who's but it wasn't mine. So I contact the Seller. He says not his problem as it shows delivered. I thought it was their responsibility until the item was received at one time but evidently that policy has changed 🙄.
So I open a case with Sleaze bay they find in the sellers favor. I b-tch at ebay,
They refund the $$, it was only 10.00 but what P'd me off was the sellers attitude. I left negative feedback and Sleazebay removed it.
I asked why the feedback was removed and received several different answers including one that claimed it was removed as the seller refunded the money.
I said no, he didn't, ebay did. Told them to review all communications. More circle jerking and more reasons none which applied.
So I can no longer trust buying things on the bay. There's quite a bit more to the story but it would appear they have changed and now side more with the seller. down

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: TJP] #3173904
09/08/23 11:07 PM
09/08/23 11:07 PM
South Bend
John Brown Offline
top fuel
John Brown  Offline
top fuel

South Bend
I have everything I buy on ePay delivered to my P.O. box, even things that say they don't deliver to P.O. boxes, goes to my P.O. box.
If it doesn't get delivered, I know who's to blame.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.
Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: TJP] #3173939
09/09/23 08:31 AM
09/09/23 08:31 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by TJP
I thought it was their responsibility until the item was received

That's ridiculous ! Once the package is in any shipper's hands it's totally beyond the control of the sender.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: TJP] #3173945
09/09/23 08:59 AM
09/09/23 08:59 AM
MD
RTSE4ME Offline
top fuel
RTSE4ME  Offline
top fuel

MD
I had same thing happen 3x last year with the USPS. I called my the local Post Master and she paid me.
The carriers would deliver to the wrong mailbox and the people would not return the item which I don't get.
One item was a BBM bronze tipped fuel pump pushrod ordered from Summit. I waited a year for it. What are the chances that someone had a BBM roller cam engine that needed it. Of course USPS would not tell me who they delivered to.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: RTSE4ME] #3173956
09/09/23 09:26 AM
09/09/23 09:26 AM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Stuff gets delivered to the wrong box more often than most think . One time I had the postal carrier track it down and bring it to me. Not the ebay sellers fault.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: mopars4ever] #3173980
09/09/23 11:15 AM
09/09/23 11:15 AM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Online content
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Online Content
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
Unfortunately, some people who receive other people's mail by mistake are like porch pirates...finders, keepers.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: John_Kunkel] #3174000
09/09/23 12:38 PM
09/09/23 12:38 PM
rust belt
M
Moparite Offline
super stock
Moparite  Offline
super stock
M

rust belt
Of course USPS would not tell me who they delivered to.

Had a similar issue where my package(not from ebay) went to another house and a different package got delivered to mine. One of my neighbors actually walked to my house and gave me my package(he didn't give his address). I called and they gave me a hard time saying you got your package so don't worry about it. Well it's obvious who ever is delivering is not doing something right. I had to leave the package on the door step and they would pick it up the next day. UPS scans packages when they are at an address. IF it is delivered to a wrong address they can see(gps concordance) where it was delivered. The USPS does not and you have to hope that the guy delivering gets the correct address. I put big #'s on the mail box and the house and so far it has worked. This probably won't work for everybody but it may be worth a try. It's not ebay's fault what the shipper(USPS) does.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: mopars4ever] #3174013
09/09/23 01:45 PM
09/09/23 01:45 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Stuff gets delivered to the wrong box more often than most think . One time I had the postal carrier track it down and bring it to me. Not the ebay sellers fault.

True. Wonder how USPS may have located it? Grab an up to date Garmin or good GPS and put the address in you used and see where it takes you. I've told the story several times about how the entire street/road we live on was called or named four to five different things from Rivers Road, to River Road, to Rivers Street, to River Street, to River Way, etc.,, It's out in the country and it to most of us was considered a "Road" but the USPS "official" name is River Street singular. Plug your address into a updated GPS and see where it takes you and also call the post office and ask them what your official address is, you may be surprised. There's a Rivers Road about ten miles from home here in the next small town that once got a full-length one-piece fuel line for my wife's car but refused delivery rfortunately.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: Moparite] #3174017
09/09/23 01:51 PM
09/09/23 01:51 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
FEDEX actually took a digital photo of the package on the porch and posted it with the delivery notice in the email last year. Funny thing is it show how the package had to be thrown onto the porch from about 25 feet away as there were no footprints in the few inches of snow from the night before leading up to the porch, The package had a dented corner but fortunately no damage. wink

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: A12] #3174032
09/09/23 02:30 PM
09/09/23 02:30 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline OP
I Live Here
TJP  Offline OP
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by A12
FEDEX actually took a digital photo of the package on the porch and posted it with the delivery notice in the email last year. Funny thing is it show how the package had to be thrown onto the porch from about 25 feet away as there were no footprints in the few inches of snow from the night before leading up to the porch, The package had a dented corner but fortunately no damage. wink

UPS, Fed Ex and Amazon are all doing picture proof . No other streets with similar names except for one about 30 miles away. our street is not heavily populated (acreages) and we all know each other. We also have "re-delivered mail" more than once. We have also had packages show up 8 weeks or more after they were sent (USPS).

What torqued my nuts more than anything was EBAY removing the negative feedback. he happens to be a regular seller on their so that likely had some influence on their decision whistling
Nah Say it ain't so eyes can't be rolleyes
beer

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: Stanton] #3174035
09/09/23 02:41 PM
09/09/23 02:41 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline OP
I Live Here
TJP  Offline OP
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Stanton
Originally Posted by TJP
I thought it was their responsibility until the item was received

That's ridiculous ! Once the package is in any shipper's hands it's totally beyond the control of the sender.

And the receiver, That is why I have ALWAYS insured everything I send.

So, Joe Blow on sleaze bay sends an empty box or one with rocks (for weight) on a 300.00 item via USPS. They say they delivered it but I never received it or I get a box of rocks. I'm out 300.00 as it supposedly was delivered or Joe says I'm lying.

Again what P'd me off was the sellers flippant attitude and EBAY removing my negative feedback. beer

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: TJP] #3174096
09/09/23 09:45 PM
09/09/23 09:45 PM
Harrisburg, Pa.
screamindriver Offline
master
screamindriver  Offline
master

Harrisburg, Pa.
I believe the seller can have negative feedback taken off if they have" X" amount of good transactions in a certain timeframe...So technically even if you left the negative, if he went that route there's no reason needed for removal..

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: screamindriver] #3174159
09/10/23 09:07 AM
09/10/23 09:07 AM
Des Moines IA
S
Soopernaut Offline
master
Soopernaut  Offline
master
S

Des Moines IA
Does anyone know if the USPS uses scanners to read the addresses on the mail?

I've received mail for different addresses before. One time I put the letter back in the mail and received it again. I did the same thing and received it again. I wrote on it that it was going in the trash if I received it again and it didn't come back. I've crossed out addresses and rewrote them, but I believe you also have to cross out the bar code under the address or it will come back to you. That leads me to believe a person isn't reading these addresses. Sometimes the sender is putting a loop in the name which partially covers the address line and someone/something is reading that as a 0 in the street name. I cross all that out and rewrite the address clearly. If it still comes to me it goes in the trash, but I don't recall having anything that I've rewritten and crossed out the bar code come back to me.

I do receive mail with my address and different name that I just throw away.

1970 Dodge d100/eventually going on a 77 D100 frame
Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: TJP] #3174166
09/10/23 09:52 AM
09/10/23 09:52 AM
N.W. Florida
F
Fat_Mike Offline
master
Fat_Mike  Offline
master
F

N.W. Florida
The last time I had a "delivered" package that wasn't delivered to my house, I went to the post office. The lady at the counter had some sort of system that showed where the truck was when the mailman scanned it for delivery. They then sent a supervisor out to correct the error.
That package was a less than $20 carburetor for my lawn mower, but I needed it now!.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: Fat_Mike] #3174176
09/10/23 10:14 AM
09/10/23 10:14 AM
PA
70Duster Offline
top fuel
70Duster  Offline
top fuel

PA
The seller correctly did everything they were supposed to do, and ebay gave you your money back because USPS screwed up. Not sure what else anyone could do to make you happy at this point.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: Soopernaut] #3174179
09/10/23 10:15 AM
09/10/23 10:15 AM
PA
70Duster Offline
top fuel
70Duster  Offline
top fuel

PA
Originally Posted by Soopernaut
I believe you also have to cross out the bar code under the address or it will come back to you.

Correct.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: Fat_Mike] #3174183
09/10/23 10:21 AM
09/10/23 10:21 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
The last time I had a "delivered" package that wasn't delivered to my house, I went to the post office. The lady at the counter had some sort of system that showed where the truck was when the mailman scanned it for delivery. They then sent a supervisor out to correct the error.
That package was a less than $20 carburetor for my lawn mower, but I needed it now!.

This is the major reason I favor the USPS. If you have a problem there is a real live person you can talk to.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: 6PakBee] #3174209
09/10/23 01:15 PM
09/10/23 01:15 PM
Sobieski Wi
B
bee1971 Offline
master
bee1971  Offline
master
B

Sobieski Wi
USPS employees didn’t even get there paychecks a few weeks ago

They got money orders , or similiar , up to 65% of there paychecks

Still hadn’t been resolved talking to my mail carrier

And that position has been replaced upteen times in the last few years

I get my neighbors mail all the time living out in the country
But I am nice enough to deliver it or put it back in the box with a note

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies
Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: bee1971] #3174290
09/10/23 09:29 PM
09/10/23 09:29 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Our neighbor across the street gets packages delivered a lot. We have a swing on our porch and we sit in it every nice morning. (Retirement is great).

Just the other day, I watched my regular mailperson try to deliver a package to the house across the street from me. The USPO have to scan in every package delivery. The scanner must have rejected the scan, she tried it twice and it was rejected both times. Then she really looked at the label on the package, and took the package 2 doors away, then the scanner accepted the scan and she left the package there. Don't know if she screwed up, or if the name or the address was incorrect, but apparently, the GPS in the scanner wasn't accepting the location on those first couple scans, but was happy 2 houses away.

The UPS guy pulls up in front of the house, scans the package while sitting (or standing) in the truck, then carries the package up to the house and drops it on the porch. That scan puts the package in the general vicinity of where its suppose to be.

The Fed-ex guy whips up in front of the house, jumps out of the truck, runs up close enough to throw the packager towards the porch, runs back to the truck and races away. Don't see any kind of scan going on there, but he may be taking a picture of the package on the porch before he turns and runs off. The picture proves the package was delivered someplace, but the correct place is apparently not important, just the fact it was delivered and there is picture proof.

When I ship something, its usually by the Post Office. Things are different then they used to be. Those shipping companies are now interchanging who is caring the package. just because you dropped it off at the Post Office, Fed-ex or UPS might be who puts it on the porch. We have received packages in Fed-ex boxes delivered by the US Mail.

Re: Recent Ebay experience [Re: poorboy] #3174306
09/10/23 11:13 PM
09/10/23 11:13 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Back in February I listed an unusual item on Ebay.
Seemed like there was hardly any interest.
In May I sold it and delivered it in Florida to a customer completely outside of ebay.
On 9/2 I get an Ebay email notice it's been sold and paid for and I will receive payment in a number of days.
Within the hour of that Email, I replied the item is no longer available and never will be and Ebay cancel the order.
The next Ebay email shows/states order canceled. I contact buyer by phone, and explain situation, they have done nothing wrong, they should get all their money back, and I am sorry for the mixup.
Two days after the first email, ebay sends another email canceling the first cancelation. However, the status on ebay still shows order canceled.
Another day later Ebay says I must refund the money, I have never received any money and don't want it
The next day the money shows up in my account.,
My view, if ebay can put money into my account by mistake, they can take it back out, I'm not inclined to make any effort here,
I promptly canceled order, ebay initially also canceled the order.
Refunding on my part IMO makes it 1099 reportable as I accepted payment, which I did not.
Also is not clear how do I refund sales tax that Ebay collected, and I never got nor wanted.
I am not excited about paying Ebay sales fees. as it seems odd item was still listed 7? months later, but if my oversight, I will pay them.
This obviously will ding my ebay account, and reaching an Ebay person on phone is nearly impossible with their internet intentional maze.
They must be very afraid of their customers on the phone, IMO, that fear is well-earned.

Last edited by jcc; 09/11/23 06:56 AM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Page 1 of 2 1 2