Michigan
K
Kiddart Offline
pro stock
Kiddart  Offline
pro stock
K

Michigan
I was there and had a great time. I just forgot to stop at Detroit muscle technologies for new dash vinyl. I will have to just run down to their shop.

I heard a lot of horror stories about how jam packed it was or used to be and i am not a fan of large crowds. I felt the attendance was high and there was a lot to see and do.

I will go next year, just need to decide if a car is coming with me to race.

found the dash piece that I was looking for at the very last vendor in the vendor area from where we started!!

so super score for me!!

Thank you
Kiddart
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: rdrnr6970] #3167876
08/14/23 03:13 PM
08/14/23 03:13 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
We talked about going to the nats but couldn't fit it in.Anybody have any pics from the show so far? drive

So as the OP asked in the beginning of this thread... anyone have ANY pics from this show? I couldn't attend because of work schedule, so I would appreciate any pictures as well... thanks 👍

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3167895
08/14/23 04:18 PM
08/14/23 04:18 PM
Iowa
burdar Offline
Owen's Dad
burdar  Offline
Owen's Dad

Iowa

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168088
08/15/23 01:50 PM
08/15/23 01:50 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
The powers that be let the premier show slide downhill and sat in their hands. A person can say the hobby is in the decline, or people have other things to do, or whatever. Plenty of positive buzz around Carlisle and a totally new show pops up on the scene in bowling green and people are pumped about it. Just depended on if the owners wanted to put the effort in or not. It’s probably too late in the game to save this show.

Since you did not attend the show in the past two years you should not pop off about something you know nothing of first hand. I have been attending the Nats and judging for over 30 years. Yes every year. Sure things have changed because of a lot of factors. The past two years the Nats has been more fun than any of the long ago years. I love the fact that there are fewer people than 20 years ago. Makes it easier and more enjoyable to not have to deal with the nutjobs that no longer come. The track has improved greatly no more nasty port a pots. No more trash cans over flowing. Racing is bigger and better than ever. That alone makes The Nats better by far. Plenty of swap meet stuff just a lot fewer parts being brought because there are less and less original parts left. Vendors don't come like they used to because of expenses and internet sales. 20 years ago gas was under $2.00 a gallon. It was over $3.50 this year and Hotels used to be $65 and now, most are over $150.

Oh let's see. Carlise you gotta park in groups not with your friends. No Judging just friends picking friends cars. A trophy from Carlise is no big deal. The level of Judging at the Nats continues to be the best of all shows with MCACN a close second. I know I have judged at both events. Again I love the fact that there are less cars being judged because two thirds of those car from 20 years ago were just drivers. The level of quality of the cars we have now is far superior than years past. There were two Gold cars two years ago. There hasn't been a Gold level car in years. Showing at the the Nats has improved every year and this year was the smoothest ever. Having the judged car show field on the other side of the track has been great! No more 45 minute walks around the back of the track to see the show or carry parts.
You golf carts whiners should have been here this year. There were a fraction of carts there and not once did I experience or see any problems with carts. So stop all ready with the "Golf cart Nationals" crap.

Hotels are much easier to get. Getting in the gates doesn't take an hour anymore. And as far as Friday and Saturday night cruises. Brice road sucks now and sucked then compared to what we have now. Heath has so much to offer and if you want the experience of pandemonium crowds and burnouts Buckeye Lake rocked!!!! Cops let it all happen.
The weather was fantastic. Not hot and sweltering like Carlise. No body falling out or in need of misting tents. No rain except a few sprinkles Friday. Saturday nothing but beautiful weather.
To even say the show cannot be saved and it is going under is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be saved. It is alive and well and more fun than ever. So you negative nellies stay home. We are having a blast without you.
By the way this post is not just targeted at SomeCarGuy but to everyone who loves to [censored] and moan about the Nats.

You just said yourself it’s better for YOU because it’s smaller. Easy hotel availability is further proof. Exactly the point. It’s no longer the must attend show it was 20 years ago. Others have built up a nice following in that time. You can get upset all you want, the world has voted with their feet. The fact you’d lash out while hammering home my point is ironic.

I want my fair share
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168102
08/15/23 02:25 PM
08/15/23 02:25 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
The powers that be let the premier show slide downhill and sat in their hands. A person can say the hobby is in the decline, or people have other things to do, or whatever. Plenty of positive buzz around Carlisle and a totally new show pops up on the scene in bowling green and people are pumped about it. Just depended on if the owners wanted to put the effort in or not. It’s probably too late in the game to save this show.

Since you did not attend the show in the past two years you should not pop off about something you know nothing of first hand. I have been attending the Nats and judging for over 30 years. Yes every year. Sure things have changed because of a lot of factors. The past two years the Nats has been more fun than any of the long ago years. I love the fact that there are fewer people than 20 years ago. Makes it easier and more enjoyable to not have to deal with the nutjobs that no longer come. The track has improved greatly no more nasty port a pots. No more trash cans over flowing. Racing is bigger and better than ever. That alone makes The Nats better by far. Plenty of swap meet stuff just a lot fewer parts being brought because there are less and less original parts left. Vendors don't come like they used to because of expenses and internet sales. 20 years ago gas was under $2.00 a gallon. It was over $3.50 this year and Hotels used to be $65 and now, most are over $150.

Oh let's see. Carlise you gotta park in groups not with your friends. No Judging just friends picking friends cars. A trophy from Carlise is no big deal. The level of Judging at the Nats continues to be the best of all shows with MCACN a close second. I know I have judged at both events. Again I love the fact that there are less cars being judged because two thirds of those car from 20 years ago were just drivers. The level of quality of the cars we have now is far superior than years past. There were two Gold cars two years ago. There hasn't been a Gold level car in years. Showing at the the Nats has improved every year and this year was the smoothest ever. Having the judged car show field on the other side of the track has been great! No more 45 minute walks around the back of the track to see the show or carry parts.
You golf carts whiners should have been here this year. There were a fraction of carts there and not once did I experience or see any problems with carts. So stop all ready with the "Golf cart Nationals" crap.

Hotels are much easier to get. Getting in the gates doesn't take an hour anymore. And as far as Friday and Saturday night cruises. Brice road sucks now and sucked then compared to what we have now. Heath has so much to offer and if you want the experience of pandemonium crowds and burnouts Buckeye Lake rocked!!!! Cops let it all happen.
The weather was fantastic. Not hot and sweltering like Carlise. No body falling out or in need of misting tents. No rain except a few sprinkles Friday. Saturday nothing but beautiful weather.
To even say the show cannot be saved and it is going under is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be saved. It is alive and well and more fun than ever. So you negative nellies stay home. We are having a blast without you.
By the way this post is not just targeted at SomeCarGuy but to everyone who loves to [censored] and moan about the Nats.

Dead on my thoughts

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: gtx6970] #3168291
08/16/23 02:25 PM
08/16/23 02:25 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
"It's no longer the show it was 20 years ago"

20 years ago was super tame compared to 30+ years ago/'80s.

Sorry for those who missed that timeframe, but it seems most involved would probably be too old today to appreciate it anyway.
I know I am too old for that $#!+, at least.

Glad my formative years in the hobby were back when things were quite a bit crazier than today and that it matched my personal level of craziness at the time.
That stuff helped make me the freak that I am today.
I've calmed down a little bit and so has the nats/no complaints.

The total insanity at Buckeye Lake this year brought back a memory or two, but it's not really the same as
at 3am in the parking lot of Red Roof inn on Brice, after a few beers and whatnot.

I have a bunch of pics but have mostly posted on social media instead of this platform/it's just easier.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: ZIPPY] #3168338
08/16/23 05:14 PM
08/16/23 05:14 PM
boston mass-moving to long isl...
M
massdaytona Offline
mopar
massdaytona  Offline
mopar
M

boston mass-moving to long isl...
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
"It's no longer the show it was 20 years ago"

20 years ago was super tame compared to 30+ years ago/'80s.

yeah if u didn't experience brice road in it's heyday, u really missed out... it was always a wild weekend - fly in on friday morn, go to the show, have a great dinner, hang around the various motels/etc on/off brice rd, sat was the 'show', have another great dinner , then hang on brice to 10/11pm, drive back to the hotel (always at the airport), and fly out sunday morn, be home to have lunch with the wife and kids... scott martin even bought me a car on 4 diff occasions... to me it was the 'top' mopar show. carl. was good, but didn't have the side attractions of the nat's....

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: massdaytona] #3168347
08/16/23 06:13 PM
08/16/23 06:13 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
A couple videos of Kayse (the wife) doing a burnout at the dealership cruise.

Thanks to the buddies that took the videos!

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3168510
08/17/23 12:39 PM
08/17/23 12:39 PM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN

You just said yourself it’s better for YOU because it’s smaller. Easy hotel availability is further proof. Exactly the point. It’s no longer the must attend show it was 20 years ago. Others have built up a nice following in that time. You can get upset all you want, the world has voted with their feet. The fact you’d lash out while hammering home my point is ironic.

What's ironic is the fact that you more interested in saying you were right than seeing that the show is still a great one and as Mopar people we should support and cheer on any show that is Mopar specific. Taylor Swift concerts are supposed to be the must attend show these days. Not interested. I didn't share all the details for you. I shared the FACTS so people can see they will have a great time attending the Nats and the "Sky is falling" people are just wrong. By the way when was the last time you actually attended the Nats in person?

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168560
08/17/23 02:59 PM
08/17/23 02:59 PM
USA
Rollin Hand Offline
mopar
Rollin Hand  Offline
mopar

USA

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: Rollin Hand] #3168570
08/17/23 04:10 PM
08/17/23 04:10 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
Originally Posted by Rollin Hand

I was there that year with my '69 300 convertible! Where were YOU in '92?
Anyone remember Captain Mopar? Or Count Dracula with his casket in tow, behind his black Savoy wagon?

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3168582
08/17/23 04:33 PM
08/17/23 04:33 PM
USA
Rollin Hand Offline
mopar
Rollin Hand  Offline
mopar

USA
The Count was featured in Mopar Action back then.

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: Rollin Hand] #3168586
08/17/23 04:47 PM
08/17/23 04:47 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
I remember meeting Miss Mopar that year, (1992) and taking a few pics with her.
Do they even have a Miss Mopar anymore? shruggy

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3168629
08/17/23 07:53 PM
08/17/23 07:53 PM
Pittsburgh, Pa
J
Jeff_383 Offline
super stock
Jeff_383  Offline
super stock
J

Pittsburgh, Pa
For sure remember captain mopar.

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168702
08/18/23 12:28 AM
08/18/23 12:28 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't

What's ironic is the fact that you more interested in saying you were right than seeing that the show is still a great one and as Mopar people we should support and cheer on any show that is Mopar specific. Taylor Swift concerts are supposed to be the must attend show these days. Not interested. I didn't share all the details for you. I shared the FACTS so people can see they will have a great time attending the Nats and the "Sky is falling" people are just wrong. By the way when was the last time you actually attended the Nats in person?

Look, I’m never going to forget the show when it was one I convinced noncar people to attend with me. The entire weekend was something you had to be there and experience to really understand. The FACT as you like to say, is it’s sad that no longer exists. You need to face the FACT that you wanting to be able to waddle into the show and see some mopars without breaking a sweat doesn’t mean it’s some Mecca anymore. Enough people, including you, have posted that since I last went the show has gotten even smaller and less appealing. That’s a FACT. If you can’t put it together that people voted long ago with their feet then you never will. Not my problem.

I want my fair share
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3168711
08/18/23 05:02 AM
08/18/23 05:02 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State

Look, I’m never going to forget the show when it was one I convinced noncar people to attend with me. The entire weekend was something you had to be there and experience to really understand. The FACT as you like to say, is it’s sad that no longer exists. You need to face the FACT that you wanting to be able to waddle into the show and see some mopars without breaking a sweat doesn’t mean it’s some Mecca anymore. Enough people, including you, have posted that since I last went the show has gotten even smaller and less appealing. That’s a FACT. If you can’t put it together that people voted long ago with their feet then you never will. Not my problem.

Smaller? Yes.

Less appealing? That's a matter of opinion.

I've been to every Mopar Nats since 1984.
Is it as big and wild as it was 30 years ago?
No, but that doesn't mean it's less appealing to me.
There also aren't police in riot gear shutting everything down.

We have a good time EVERY year that we're there.

You still see cars that you've never seen before.

It's what you make of it.

No one can compete with a memory of the "good old days" because the world has changed.
You can't get away with the wild stuff that happened back then now, it's simply not allowed due to liability.
You're not going to see burnouts on public streets, the police in Heath were all over anyone who tried.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3168877
08/18/23 04:39 PM
08/18/23 04:39 PM
J
JCFcuda Online content
JCFcuda  Online Content
J

Went to the show this year thoroughly enjoyed it
golf carts were no problem. People were respectful. i’ve been going since 1988 off on. We never brought a car since it’s 680 miles away.
Love the only Mopar drag racing, it’s always great to talk to people that you don’t know about a hobby you both love. Allways something new to learn.
I personally think it’s still a great show.
Carlisle’s so much closer, but mopars without the drag racing kind of like corn on the cob without butter and salt.
Do miss Brice road, I remember one time the police pulled a guy over and some other guy stepped up and gave him $200 out of his wallet for the fine😂
If you don’t support it, it will go away, just like your local dragstrip. Not a nut & bolt restoration guy, but I always find it incredibly interesting looking at the cars that are factory original or close to it.

Jim F

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3168895
08/18/23 05:53 PM
08/18/23 05:53 PM
USA
Rollin Hand Offline
mopar
Rollin Hand  Offline
mopar

USA
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
I remember meeting Miss Mopar that year, (1992) and taking a few pics with her.
Do they even have a Miss Mopar anymore? shruggy
I remember Miss Carlisle.

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: Kiddart] #3168896
08/18/23 06:16 PM
08/18/23 06:16 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Anyone else enjoying all of the great Mopar Nat's photos like I am? rolleyes shruggy Keep them coming and no more argue please.

Mike

Re: Mopar Nationals pics can anybody post em? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168972
08/19/23 08:58 AM
08/19/23 08:58 AM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
Originally Posted by Magnumguy
I will continue to attend. I like the show and it offers a chance to meet up with friends. I wish they'd be more attentive to the show car setup. I realize it was more for drag racing but that even seemed down this year.

How so?

I had no trouble find a spot to park the Magnum, ( matter of fact all of us who showed up with them had no problem parking together ) whereas before it's been hard at times ( show or "fun"field ). Swap wasn't what it's been, but that was the same @ Carlisle. It wasn't a complaint, just an observation.

"Multiple Magnum owner since 1978!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3