USA
360view Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer

USA
https://www.arcamax.com/business/businessnews/s-2864015

sample quote

The union earlier this month advanced a proposal seeking a 46% increase in wages over four years, a 32-hour work week paid like 40 hours, expanding pensions and retiree health-care coverage to all, cost-of-living adjustments and more. Estimates have placed the cost for wages and benefits at more than $100 per hour per worker.

Today, hourly all-in labor cost for the Detroit Three hovers around $65 per hour, according to industry estimates.

Average hourly all-in labor cost at Stellantis is approximately $63 per hour, according to a source familiar with the information. That figure is roughly $55 per hour for workers at foreign automakers manufacturing in the United States, known as "transplants," and around $45 per hour at electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc.
...snip...
Stellantis' July 27 offer emphasized high rates of absenteeism, especially that is unplanned. It sought to tie wage increases, profit sharing and supplemental unemployment benefits to workers showing up for work. It seeks greater employee cost sharing for health care and the creation of a new worker classification that would allow for an alternate, more flexible schedule.

Stellantis posted a record $15.2 billion in adjusted operating income in North America in 2022 and $8.88 billion in the first half of 2023.

For 2022, Stellantis workers received $14,760 in profit sharing,
the most of the Detroit Three's UAW-represented employees,
though supplemental workers aren't eligible to receive the checks.

end quote

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 360view] #3167425
08/12/23 06:55 AM
08/12/23 06:55 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
Does not really matter. They will have nothing to sell soon anyone. I don't see people rushing to their local Dodge dealers to grab the first Hornets to show up. I know of very few people that actually want to buy any of the electrical sewing machines being pushed. Ford dealers lots are stuffed with Mach-E's that nobody wants, the Lightning has lost its early excitement (early excitement meaning most were procured with the intent of 'flipping' at a profit) to the reality of owning something that is not practical for most. They can negotiate whatever they want, but if they have nothing to make and sell, will not matter.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 360view] #3167426
08/12/23 07:13 AM
08/12/23 07:13 AM
Greenville, PA
redraptor Offline
master
redraptor  Offline
master

Greenville, PA
Well, if you're going into negotiations you might as well swing for the fences. I just can't imagine representing that many members that don't show up for work when you're fighting for wages and benefits.
It would be interesting to see what Stellatis is proposing to reward good attendance because a good paynig job doesn't seem to be enough. Union or not!

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: oldjonny] #3167454
08/12/23 11:28 AM
08/12/23 11:28 AM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Does not really matter. They will have nothing to sell soon anyone. I don't see people rushing to their local Dodge dealers to grab the first Hornets to show up. I know of very few people that actually want to buy any of the electrical sewing machines being pushed. Ford dealers lots are stuffed with Mach-E's that nobody wants, the Lightning has lost its early excitement (early excitement meaning most were procured with the intent of 'flipping' at a profit) to the reality of owning something that is not practical for most. They can negotiate whatever they want, but if they have nothing to make and sell, will not matter.

This^^^ Chrysler and Dodge will be done soon. They offer nothing. I just looked at their websites....7 offerings between 2 badges....what a shame.

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: Dcuda69] #3167493
08/12/23 03:20 PM
08/12/23 03:20 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
It irked me a couple/three years ago how local and national radio, YouTube content creators and podcast/radio hosts were gloating as they spoke of the "New all electric Ford Chevy Dodge whatever" models that are on the lot at your local dealer. Just like some members on this board- you could tell when they spoke about EVs that their eyes were wide open- never blinking with a religious cult like smile permanently molded in. Saying anything positive about an EV is like praising those aftermarket car repair warranties. Great on paper- but in the end only take your money and leave you with a disappointing product.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 360view] #3167500
08/12/23 03:55 PM
08/12/23 03:55 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted by 360view
https://www.arcamax.com/business/businessnews/s-2864015

sample quote

The union earlier this month advanced a proposal seeking a 46% increase in wages over four years, a 32-hour work week paid like 40 hours, expanding pensions and retiree health-care coverage to all, cost-of-living adjustments and more. Estimates have placed the cost for wages and benefits at more than $100 per hour per worker.

Today, hourly all-in labor cost for the Detroit Three hovers around $65 per hour, according to industry estimates.

Average hourly all-in labor cost at Stellantis is approximately $63 per hour, according to a source familiar with the information. That figure is roughly $55 per hour for workers at foreign automakers manufacturing in the United States, known as "transplants," and around $45 per hour at electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc.
...snip...
Stellantis' July 27 offer emphasized high rates of absenteeism, especially that is unplanned. It sought to tie wage increases, profit sharing and supplemental unemployment benefits to workers showing up for work. It seeks greater employee cost sharing for health care and the creation of a new worker classification that would allow for an alternate, more flexible schedule.

Stellantis posted a record $15.2 billion in adjusted operating income in North America in 2022 and $8.88 billion in the first half of 2023.

For 2022, Stellantis workers received $14,760 in profit sharing,
the most of the Detroit Three's UAW-represented employees,
though supplemental workers aren't eligible to receive the checks.

end quote

Oops! I sorry I thought this was in the free speech forum!

Last edited by HotRodDave; 08/12/23 03:59 PM.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: HotRodDave] #3167568
08/13/23 06:33 AM
08/13/23 06:33 AM
USA
360view Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Speech begins with the letter S.

Stellantis, a new company name, starts with the letter S.

Studebaker, an old company, starts with the letter S.

Stretch begins with the letter S.

Solution starts with the letter S.

To get to a workable solution should two opposing parties be allowed to “stretch the truth” in their vigorous arguments, such as during labor/ownership negotiations?

Should the two parties to an automobile business negotiation be totally aware of what was the fate of Studebaker, its employees, owners, suppliers, and customers?

Stellantis might reply correctly that “We are an international business already with plans for some subsidiaries to stop doing business.”

A famous world leader who chose a new name for himself that starts with the letter S
once sent a letter to Studebaker praising one of its products.

Historians argue about whether the most consequential “machine” of WW-II was either
the German Flak 88mm cannon or
the Studebaker US6 truck,
or something else.

Stupid might be applied to any of the above....
smile

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: oldjonny] #3167607
08/13/23 11:12 AM
08/13/23 11:12 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Does not really matter. They will have nothing to sell soon anyone. I don't see people rushing to their local Dodge dealers to grab the first Hornets to show up.

You would be wrong. The dealer I go to has had 3 already, and all were gone before I could get in to look at one. My girlfriend wants one.

What's selling them is NOT the car itself, but all the doo-dads, electronics, screens and creature comforts. My salesman tells me they come with a better sound system than the Harmon-Karden in my Ram. shruggy

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: slantzilla] #3167615
08/13/23 11:41 AM
08/13/23 11:41 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
I really hope this offering does better than the Caliber and Dart models.

Master, again and still
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: DaveRS23] #3167627
08/13/23 12:56 PM
08/13/23 12:56 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
Shooting for the stars is one thing but the problem is once you put high values in people's minds that's what they want. People get greedy then are shocked when their jobs move to Mexico or overseas or the cost of everything starts going up.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with Charger and Challenger going electric. They better come up with a good alternative because an awful lot of people aren't brand loyal anymore and they'll jump over to whoever does have stuff they want. People's experiences with their EVs is all over the place and if Stelantis drops the ball on this it'll be hard to get customers back.

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 5thAve] #3167632
08/13/23 01:26 PM
08/13/23 01:26 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
All those thinking the outrageous $/hr demands have merit had best reflect on who is going to pay that.

You and I.

Even if you do not buy a new vehicle ever again plenty of businesses will and that added cost to them will be reflect in the price you will pay for their products and services.

All this will do is accelerate the installation of robotic assembly machines. No mistakes, no getting tired, no coming into work hung over, no outrageous compensation demands, no strikes, no sick outs, no stupid human tricks whatsoever.

It's called cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 5thAve] #3167633
08/13/23 01:27 PM
08/13/23 01:27 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Every auto maker is going to have to meet the CAFE to remain solvent, or close to it. They all are moving heavily to EV's. This is a decision out of Stellantis' hands. It's a mandate.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: slantzilla] #3167639
08/13/23 01:46 PM
08/13/23 01:46 PM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
I was at Roadkill nights yesterday in Pontiac. They had an area set up where you could test drive a Hornet. My daughter took a picture of the "line". Thousands of people at the event and I think there were 5 people in the "line". I did not walk past later in the day, but maybe they had a mad rush later. My local dealer has had one for weeks just sitting there. I have yet to see anyone even looking at. When I talked to the salesman, he indicated that there has been "limited" people actually looking at the car. I'm sure when there is nothing else to buy, they might sell some. But, I for one, will not be buying one. Interior looks really small on them (looks even smaller than my DD Pontiac Vibe inside)

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: oldjonny] #3167647
08/13/23 02:46 PM
08/13/23 02:46 PM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
I'm thinking that income needs to be tied to being present and productive.
I hear a lot about people not showing up for work, or quitting a job soon after they start, and/or not being very productive but staring at their phones.
I don't see a lot of that personally, but I'm retired and not in the daily workforce - it's just observation & hearsay, to be honest.
Obviously, unions can ask for the sky, but corporations will just outsource manufacturing to Mexico or wherever for cheaper labor, if it helps their bottom line.

As for the Hornet, they're advertising the heck out of it, but it's an Alfa Romeo, and their upmarket cars can be problematic...
Seems every Alfa the car magazines have tested in the last few years was a fun car, but had problems that resulted in stays at dealerships.

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 360view] #3167777
08/14/23 09:18 AM
08/14/23 09:18 AM
USA
360view Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline OP
Moparts resident spammer

USA
https://www.thestreet.com/electric-...-priced-electric-vehicles-to-rival-tesla

sample quote

Stellantis has revealed the company's plan to unveil a second new entry-level Fiat-branded electric vehicle in July 2024 that will be priced less than €25,000 or about $27,390, Automotive News Europe reported.

"There is a real need for more affordable EVs," Fiat CEO Olivier Francois said.

The EV is expected to compete with French automaker Renault in Europe as well as Chinese EV companies. Francois didn't specifically mention when the vehicle might be sold in the U.S.

Stellantis in June said it will deliver the new Citroën e-C3 electric car to the U.S. in early 2024 that will be priced at about $27,000.
The e-C3 is expected to have a range of 186 miles on a charge.
Such EVs could become among lowest priced EVs on the market.

end quote

https://www.whatcar.com/news/citroen-e-c3-electric-car/n25870

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: Sniper] #3167805
08/14/23 11:01 AM
08/14/23 11:01 AM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by Sniper
All those thinking the outrageous $/hr demands have merit had best reflect on who is going to pay that.

You and I.

Even if you do not buy a new vehicle ever again plenty of businesses will and that added cost to them will be reflect in the price you will pay for their products and services.

All this will do is accelerate the installation of robotic assembly machines. No mistakes, no getting tired, no coming into work hung over, no outrageous compensation demands, no strikes, no sick outs, no stupid human tricks whatsoever.

It's called cutting your nose off to spite your face.

If the employees want a 46% increase I want 46% off sticker. It can't be a one way street!

I paid $62 for my current 21 Laramie which is INSANE. The young people that rent for $1700/mth, have $1200 car paytments and eat out every night wont mind paying 46% more UNTIL they learn the economy doesnt alway go straight up smile Thats a tough lesson to learn. I watched friends an coworkers lose homes (and toys) the last time bercause of poor planning and unrealistic expectations.

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: DaveRS23] #3167824
08/14/23 12:42 PM
08/14/23 12:42 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted by DaveRS23

It will start off hot like those 2 did and the Neon and PT cruiser before them, then a year or two down the road everyone will see what a nightmare they are and their value will tank and they will have to quit making them, come up with something new and hype it up. This is a reputative cycle they have been stuck in for decades. You don't see Toyota having to reinvent and rename the Camry every 5 years do you? The only product they had that was selling good 15 years after introduction (actually selling better all the time) they decided to quit producing it the other day to get people to focus on buying the new crap they want to sell... you know the time honored business practice of canceling your best selling and iconic product in order to get people to buy your other stuff they don't really want.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: HotRodDave] #3167829
08/14/23 12:55 PM
08/14/23 12:55 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by DaveRS23

It will start off hot like those 2 did and the Neon and PT cruiser before them, then a year or two down the road everyone will see what a nightmare they are and their value will tank and they will have to quit making them, come up with something new and hype it up. This is a reputative cycle they have been stuck in for decades. You don't see Toyota having to reinvent and rename the Camry every 5 years do you? The only product they had that was selling good 15 years after introduction (actually selling better all the time) they decided to quit producing it the other day to get people to focus on buying the new crap they want to sell... you know the time honored business practice of canceling your best selling and iconic product in order to get people to buy your other stuff they don't really want.

I was one of those fools that bought a Caliber. First brand new car. Haven't been back since.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: 2boltmain] #3167831
08/14/23 12:57 PM
08/14/23 12:57 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
It irked me a couple/three years ago how local and national radio, YouTube content creators and podcast/radio hosts were gloating as they spoke of the "New all electric Ford Chevy Dodge whatever" models that are on the lot at your local dealer. Just like some members on this board- you could tell when they spoke about EVs that their eyes were wide open- never blinking with a religious cult like smile permanently molded in. Saying anything positive about an EV is like praising those aftermarket car repair warranties. Great on paper- but in the end only take your money and leave you with a disappointing product.

[Linked Image]

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: Stellantis hourly labor cost bargaining [Re: MarkZ] #3167833
08/14/23 01:02 PM
08/14/23 01:02 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Originally Posted by MarkZ
Originally Posted by 2boltmain

[Linked Image]

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ole Jack Nicholson is how people appear when stating the quick charge time and range of the new ZWX battery and the 0-60mph times!

Last edited by 2boltmain; 08/14/23 01:03 PM.

Keep old mopars alive.
Page 1 of 2 1 2