When is somebody going to re-introduce a W-8 cylinder head???

With the new XR blocks coming out, one would think it would be a natural progression to bring back one of the finest, if not THE finest straight heads ever offered.

We see that a W-8 head on an under 420 inch engine can make 1000+ horsepower with a cast manifold, single 4.

We all know that W-8s not only show the power on the dyno, but run down a race track as well. With some cylinder heads and engine combinations, that is not always the case, but the W-8 is a proven performer.

I know there are W-9s, W-9RP, P-7 and P-5 heads around but, the "9s" don't have anywhere near the track record of the "8s", the P-7s are mostly NASCAR take-offs and until someone builds a 420ci P-7 with a cast single 4, make 1000+ and it flys, I don't wanna hear about fairytales. The P-5s on the other hand will make killer steam and show it, but how many people can do an engine with whats involved with that head deal???

I find it hard to believe that with all the smallblock guys out there, the blocks being made and the relative ease (compared to a P-5) to build a W-8 engine, the MASSIVE power they produce and still retain the "look" of a smallblock MOPAR (which is important to many in the MOPAR community) not one cylinder head manufacturer is offering a NEW casting.