06/07/23 12:40 AM
06/07/23 12:40 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

I thought it was good, you can see my swap spot on the top right, blue tent. People still don't know about the last row, we probably got half the amount of customers that the others got. Probably the last year for me as a swapper though... frown

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: Rhinodart] #3149308
06/07/23 09:17 AM
06/07/23 09:17 AM
MN
D
Droop69 Offline
super stock
Droop69  Offline
super stock
D

MN
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I thought it was good, you can see my swap spot on the top right, blue tent. People still don't know about the last row, we probably got half the amount of customers that the others got. Probably the last year for me as a swapper though... frown

I always noticed at that swap that the back rows don't get nearly the traffic as the front few rows. I guess people just get lazy, I was kind of in the middle this year and traffic was better than in years past. I was talking with some other swappers and they were thinking it would be better if they could condense the swappers together more so the traffic was more even.

Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: Droop69] #3149310
06/07/23 09:20 AM
06/07/23 09:20 AM
St. Charles, MO
wingman Online happy
Uncreative Title
wingman  Online Happy
Uncreative Title

St. Charles, MO
Originally Posted by Droop69

I always noticed at that swap that the back rows don't get nearly the traffic as the front few rows. I guess people just get lazy, I was kind of in the middle this year and traffic was better than in years past. I was talking with some other swappers and they were thinking it would be better if they could condense the swappers together more so the traffic was more even.

When I'm walking the swap meets I'm usually looking for a specific item or items. Once I find what I need, I usually jump on it if the price is right. After my shopping list is full I usually stop walking--I'm afraid I might find more things I "need" that I didn't know I needed. grin

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 383 A4
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 440 FC7 (sold)
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: wingman] #3149314
06/07/23 09:36 AM
06/07/23 09:36 AM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Bet if I looked at that picture close enough I could figure out which of those large white pop up canopies got wrapped around my buddies trailer after the storm…. of course the owner of the canopy took no responsibility.

Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: J_BODY] #3149545
06/07/23 09:19 PM
06/07/23 09:19 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by J_BODY
Bet if I looked at that picture close enough I could figure out which of those large white pop up canopies got wrapped around my buddies trailer after the storm…. of course the owner of the canopy took no responsibility.

I didn't get there and set up until Friday morning, so that was after the storm. I was late due to the exact same storm just north of Rockford, Illinois! eek

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: Rhinodart] #3150318
06/10/23 08:21 PM
06/10/23 08:21 PM
NW
hergfest Offline
top fuel
hergfest  Offline
top fuel

NW
I thought the show was great, sold all the big stuff we needed to make room to buy more stuff on the way home haha

Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: hergfest] #3152365
06/17/23 06:16 PM
06/17/23 06:16 PM
Central US
grancuda Offline
super stock
grancuda  Offline
super stock

Central US
The big Mid-America Shelby show here in Tulsa has started allowing any make & having a Cars/Coffee section to increase the # of people showing up over the past year or so. So yes, single make shows are probably on the way out & need others interjected in to make them stay afloat.

1967 Barracuda Formula S 383
1967 Chevy C10 Short Stepper
1980 Macho Power Wagon LWB 318
2021 Toyota Supra
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: grancuda] #3152525
06/18/23 04:21 PM
06/18/23 04:21 PM
NJ
M
moparply Offline
master
moparply  Offline
master
M

NJ
One of the major reasons could be the total cost to attend is too expensive. The total cost for a friend to attend Chryslers @ Carlisle coming from Wi to PA 8 years ago was $1000 round trip, that was with shared travel/hotel expenses. He stopped going because he said it was too much for him to justify. The total cost for a small single space parts vender for Chryslers @ Carlisle from NJ to PA, shared hotel, gas, bridge tolls, turnpike tolls, vending space, trailer registration, misc. truck/trailer expenses, that can run $700-$1000 in expenses depending on where you are staying and how many are in your hotel room. The bottom number is for 3 nights in a complete dump hotel with 3 people. If you need tires for your trailer, tires for your truck, tables, tents, maintenance, etc, that will cost more. There is a really good chance you will sell nothing! If you have to rent a truck, van or car that can easily cost you $1000 for just 4 days of rental.

Jacks and Jimmy Auto Parts from Howell NJ stopped going to most of the shows back in the day because of the expenses. Some of the more current parts venders also stopped going for the same reason.

Another reason why a lot of the very rare vintage cars don't attend could be how people drive these days. It's absoluty crazy how people drive here in NJ. Total free for all! Couldn't imagine driving a rare valuable car around here! They will hit you and not even blink an eye telling you it was your fault. Most are texting, running stop signs, running red lights, driving impaired on anything they can get their hands on, all while doing this at 100 MPH. One of the reasons for this is there is very limited police presence.

On the major roads around here they are often advertising for Local and State Police Wanted. There is a shortage for sure!

Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: moparply] #3152573
06/18/23 10:24 PM
06/18/23 10:24 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by moparply
One of the major reasons could be the total cost to attend is too expensive. The total cost for a friend to attend Chryslers @ Carlisle coming from Wi to PA 8 years ago was $1000 round trip, that was with shared travel/hotel expenses. He stopped going because he said it was too much for him to justify. The total cost for a small single space parts vender for Chryslers @ Carlisle from NJ to PA, shared hotel, gas, bridge tolls, turnpike tolls, vending space, trailer registration, misc. truck/trailer expenses, that can run $700-$1000 in expenses depending on where you are staying and how many are in your hotel room. The bottom number is for 3 nights in a complete dump hotel with 3 people. If you need tires for your trailer, tires for your truck, tables, tents, maintenance, etc, that will cost more. There is a really good chance you will sell nothing! If you have to rent a truck, van or car that can easily cost you $1000 for just 4 days of rental.

Jacks and Jimmy Auto Parts from Howell NJ stopped going to most of the shows back in the day because of the expenses. Some of the more current parts venders also stopped going for the same reason.

Another reason why a lot of the very rare vintage cars don't attend could be how people drive these days. It's absoluty crazy how people drive here in NJ. Total free for all! Couldn't imagine driving a rare valuable car around here! They will hit you and not even blink an eye telling you it was your fault. Most are texting, running stop signs, running red lights, driving impaired on anything they can get their hands on, all while doing this at 100 MPH. One of the reasons for this is there is very limited police presence.

On the major roads around here they are often advertising for Local and State Police Wanted. There is a shortage for sure!

I have been going to all the major Mopar shows in the midwest and PA for 30 years. Expenses never mattered to me as I sell parts and even if I broke even I had a great time! People biatch about the Mopar Nats isn't what it used to be, but I go every year anyway and just take a positive attitude with me. Mopars in the Park was just as good or bad as it always has been, and though some of the shows are down in attendance once again it is all what you yourself think about it... work

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: Rhinodart] #3153037
06/20/23 12:47 PM
06/20/23 12:47 PM
Olympia, Washington
T
tallzag Offline
top fuel
tallzag  Offline
top fuel
T

Olympia, Washington
Thought the show and swap were great. As long as you price stuff at reasonable prices stuff will move. Maybe it was a little down but it was bloody hot and thunderstorms threatening each day. Minnesota is bigger than any show west of it including Spring Fling in LA.

Rocket Restorations
Re: Is Mopars in the Park dead? [Re: Rhinodart] #3153355
06/21/23 03:46 PM
06/21/23 03:46 PM
NJ
M
moparply Offline
master
moparply  Offline
master
M

NJ
Originally Posted by moparply

I have been going to all the major Mopar shows in the midwest and PA for 30 years. Expenses never mattered to me as I sell parts and even if I broke even I had a great time! People biatch about the Mopar Nats isn't what it used to be, but I go every year anyway and just take a positive attitude with me. Mopars in the Park was just as good or bad as it always has been, and though some of the shows are down in attendance once again it is all what you yourself think about it... work

I was giving examples of what others told me why they stopped going to a show. Those could be some of the possible reasons why attendance was down for the Mopars in the Park show.

Page 2 of 2 1 2