06/02/23 01:02 PM
Buckeye Lake
56_Royal_Lancer Offline
My Mouth Is Shut II
56_Royal_Lancer  Offline
My Mouth Is Shut II

Buckeye Lake
Originally Posted by basketcase
Plus the Cruise used to be a Big part of The Nats. Lond dead. I used to spend two full days in the swap meet. Last year I went thru it twice in a few hours.

Are you going to Brice looking for a cruise? It is definitely not there anymore. Buckeye Lake and Heath are packing them in, but it is bordering on gridlock. The all-mopar cruise in at Hinderer CDJR with a live band is a blast as far as night life goes.
The porta-potty situation is waaay better at the track than it used to be.
I have not been to Carlisle but I hope to make it there for the event, it sounds like a great time, too.

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: 56_Royal_Lancer] #3148296
06/02/23 06:51 PM
06/02/23 06:51 PM
east side of Ohio
basketcase Offline
master
basketcase  Offline
master

east side of Ohio
Yeah Brice is long dead, and the last time I was at Heath it was crammed down to one lane each way and mostly regular traffic.

Dave

1981 Dodge D150 360 auto
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: basketcase] #3148300
06/02/23 07:36 PM
06/02/23 07:36 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by basketcase
Yeah Brice is long dead, and the last time I was at Heath it was crammed down to one lane each way and mostly regular traffic.

Brice has been dead for about 20 years now.

The cruise isn't in the main part of Heath anymore and hasn't been for at least 5 years (probably more).
Heath had a change of police chief and the new one wanted the cruise gone so it was gone.
People still congregate in the parking lots a little, but most aren't cruising up that way.

The previous chief had a Mopar and as long as it didn't get stupid (rolling burnouts) the cruise was fine.
It didn't help that one year a local guy left Dairy Queen to cross Hwy 79 and walked directly in the path of a motorcycle and was killed.

As stated the Cruise In at the CDJR dealership is always packed and has a live band.

The main actual cruising strip is in Buckeye Lake, which is essentially a two lane road so it's definitely going to get backed up.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: captainjack] #3148330
06/02/23 10:38 PM
06/02/23 10:38 PM
Bloomington, IN
H
HoosierTA Offline
master
HoosierTA  Offline
master
H

Bloomington, IN
I FINALLY have my Challenger on the road. Some bugs to work out. Slim chance I will attend. Have a motorcycle run with fellow Triumph riders the same time

IMG_0516.jpeg

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: Michael] #3151959
06/16/23 08:13 AM
06/16/23 08:13 AM
Poland, Ohio 44514
C
captainjack Offline OP
captainjack  Offline OP
C

Poland, Ohio 44514
Greetings Mike: I just wanted to make sure that you sent the nats swap area registration in. Put a paper in with it mentioning my name as being in swap spaces L 27,28,29 and 30. Take care and keep in touch.

John J. Gocala Sr.

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: captainjack] #3152159
06/16/23 09:39 PM
06/16/23 09:39 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

I will be there again in the swap with the Umbrella People in the third row from the fence, only missed two years during college in 1985-1986 my first was 1984. People quit going for numerous reasons but I tend to focus on the positives not the negatives... wave

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: Rhinodart] #3153362
06/21/23 04:13 PM
06/21/23 04:13 PM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline
master
Michael  Offline
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
I'll be vending in space L31 next to Captain Jack. I'll have 66-67 B-Body stuff--some NOS. Also Hurst shifter from a 70 B-body non console and a 2:62 rear end from a 200 mile Hellcat. Headers by Ed for 383/440 B-body. Manifolds and head pipes with cats from a 392 Scat Pack Challenger with 80 miles on them. Several more items such as Max-Wedge adjustable rocker arms.

Last edited by Michael; 06/21/23 04:17 PM.
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: Michael] #3165480
08/04/23 12:27 AM
08/04/23 12:27 AM
Akron, Ohio
VegasCharger Offline
enthusiast
VegasCharger  Offline
enthusiast

Akron, Ohio
Burnout Contest:

Anyone know if a child (9 y/o) is allowed as a passenger in the burnout contest at the Mopar NATS 2023?

Thanks in advance.

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: cudaboy340] #3165883
08/06/23 12:54 AM
08/06/23 12:54 AM
IL us
I
ink Offline
mopar
ink  Offline
mopar
I

IL us
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

Those are very fair answers and I appreciate the honesty. But have you ever actually been to Carlisle for the Chrysler Nationals? I ask because while we don't have on site drag racing, there IS Mopar only drag racing on Friday afternoon/evening at South Mountain about 15 minutes away. We also have onsite autocross and Dodge is typically in attendance doing Hellcat Thrill Rides. So it's not totally static.

I have toyed with the idea of getting rid of the class parking and the participant ballot judging, but there are still a lot of people who appreciate the organization of the layout by class.

The large majority of cars at Carlisle are NOT perfectly restored OE trailer queens. Yes, we get some. Most of them go in one of the special display buildings. We get A LOT of driver quality cars. I personally don't think there is any shortage of anything at Carlisle...other than maybe cars earlier than the Forward Look era.

For what it's worth, I go to The Nats every year and I always enjoy it! What's not to like? It's a show of nothing but Mopars!! I've been going since the '80s. I try to support ALL of the Mopar shows. We are all in this together. I try to work with all other show promoters and help if I can.

I do NOT want this to turn into a Carlisle vs The Nats thread. I really just wanted to ask my question. I can't please everyone but I always want to hear feedback from people. If there is something I can do, I'm always willing to try.

I know Carlisle is a hike for you guys, but you should really give it a try sometime. It might not be as bad as you think it is.

Thanks for listening! I'm recently retired and now going to these shows always wanted to go to these bigger shows. I have never yet been to the nats, still not sure if I'm going next week? nats is 7 hrs. each way. I only go for the swap meet. I will always have 5 projects go at one time lol?? this year was my second year going to Carlisle. (13hrs each way) I don't think I will do it again solo. I can't seem to get any of the guys that I do the closer home shows to go. they have gone and don't want to spend the time and money on it anymore, I guess. and without someone (or two) to help with that cost I won't be back. ok with all that said. the one thing that gets me is the parts pick up at Carlisle ! had bought 4 sets of quarter panels and the wheel wells and some doors and just a ton of stuff!! (And I told them this) . this was on sat, well on Friday I was able to give a 50- dollar deposit and was allowed in to pick my stuff up in my truck Well on Saturday they would not let you in with your truck! they wanted you to wait till day end ? this is not very easy since the venders all want to close and go home so what to do with all this stuff ??? they are like ?? no problem... they would give me a part pickup.so let me see if I got this right ? I can wait till the end of day, and everyone will be driving in at the same time or parts pickup And have my parts lying in the aisles? this just pissed me off! this to me is just another hidden cost and nothing more than a way to line their pockets! it took one hour to get the golf cart thing to me !!! and another 3 trips back and forth. . unreal! I reluctantly gave the guy 20 dollar tip only to get a lqqk like that's it? he says to me." you know how long it would of took you to walk all that?? I wanted to say YEAH!!!! NO TIME OR MONEY AT ALL IF I COULD OF TOOK MY TRUCK IN WHEN I WAS AT THE GATE 2 HRS AGO!!!!!!! i'm sure a guy with 1 heavy part giving 5 dollars to have it dropped off at his car works but this was just stupid! stuff didn't fit on the thing and only increased the odds of damage. never even took it to my truck. dropped it at gate. Couldn't make it any harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed B

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: ink] #3166529
08/08/23 12:40 PM
08/08/23 12:40 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by ink
I'm recently retired and now going to these shows always wanted to go to these bigger shows. I have never yet been to the nats, still not sure if I'm going next week? nats is 7 hrs. each way. I only go for the swap meet. I will always have 5 projects go at one time lol?? this year was my second year going to Carlisle. (13hrs each way) I don't think I will do it again solo. I can't seem to get any of the guys that I do the closer home shows to go. they have gone and don't want to spend the time and money on it anymore, I guess. and without someone (or two) to help with that cost I won't be back. ok with all that said. the one thing that gets me is the parts pick up at Carlisle ! had bought 4 sets of quarter panels and the wheel wells and some doors and just a ton of stuff!! (And I told them this) . this was on sat, well on Friday I was able to give a 50- dollar deposit and was allowed in to pick my stuff up in my truck Well on Saturday they would not let you in with your truck! they wanted you to wait till day end ? this is not very easy since the venders all want to close and go home so what to do with all this stuff ??? they are like ?? no problem... they would give me a part pickup.so let me see if I got this right ? I can wait till the end of day, and everyone will be driving in at the same time or parts pickup And have my parts lying in the aisles? this just pissed me off! this to me is just another hidden cost and nothing more than a way to line their pockets! it took one hour to get the golf cart thing to me !!! and another 3 trips back and forth. . unreal! I reluctantly gave the guy 20 dollar tip only to get a lqqk like that's it? he says to me." you know how long it would of took you to walk all that?? I wanted to say YEAH!!!! NO TIME OR MONEY AT ALL IF I COULD OF TOOK MY TRUCK IN WHEN I WAS AT THE GATE 2 HRS AGO!!!!!!! i'm sure a guy with 1 heavy part giving 5 dollars to have it dropped off at his car works but this was just stupid! stuff didn't fit on the thing and only increased the odds of damage. never even took it to my truck. dropped it at gate. Couldn't make it any harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We try our best to accommodate everyone and their needs to pick up parts. We offer FREE parts hauling ranging from a golf cart all the way up to a forklift. We regularly load and haul large items like engines, cabs, frames, beds, etc. It's all done for a donation ONLY and it goes directly to the CMAF (Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation). FYI, Amyloidosis is the disease which took the life of our co-founder, Chip Miller, 20 years ago. So parts hauling is NOT a money grab in any way.

As far as the process to drive in and pick up parts, you give your driver's license and a $50 deposit and you are given approximately one hour to get your parts and return to the gate. When you return to the gate, you get your $50 and your license back. So again, it's NOT a money grab. It's a deposit to make sure you go in, get your stuff and exit in a timely manner. We can't have people coming in and driving around all day. The reason you were able to drive in on Friday but not on Saturday is because Saturday is WAY busier than any other day. Due to the sheer volume of vehicle and foot traffic on a Saturday of a big show like Chrysler, we generally don't allow parts pick ups until after 5pm.

The reason they only hauled your parts to the gate is because, legally, our parts haulers can only go as far as the gate. Outside of the gates they would be on public roadways and we are not allowed to operate equipment on public roads. If you bought 4 sets of quarter panels and wheel houses, they almost had to be from Stephens as I'm not aware of anyone else at the show with that much sheet metal. I'm pretty sure they would hold your parts until 5pm on Saturday. I would verify with them upon purchase but I'm not aware of them closing early on Saturday. Ted and his crew are some of the last to leave on Sunday so they are here for the duration.

I think it's a great service that we offer and it is FREE. A donation is at the customer's discretion.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you and anyone else who is considering purchasing anything large and/or heavy.

Ed B

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: captainjack] #3166677
08/08/23 09:59 PM
08/08/23 09:59 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by captainjack
Getting ready for the Mopar Nats in Columbus, Ohio at the National Trailways Drag Strip. Anyone going this year? We will be in the SWAP Area with

66-67 B -Body Stuff, 67 Coronet R/T, Row N, 27,28,29,30. Hope to see you there. THANKS for the post MOPARTS!!!

Looks like we'll be right beside your spots; N21-26 here (and O21-26)

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: cudaboy340] #3166680
08/08/23 10:14 PM
08/08/23 10:14 PM
IL us
I
ink Offline
mopar
ink  Offline
mopar
I

IL us
Originally Posted by ink
I'm recently retired and now going to these shows always wanted to go to these bigger shows. I have never yet been to the nats, still not sure if I'm going next week? nats is 7 hrs. each way. I only go for the swap meet. I will always have 5 projects go at one time lol?? this year was my second year going to Carlisle. (13hrs each way) I don't think I will do it again solo. I can't seem to get any of the guys that I do the closer home shows to go. they have gone and don't want to spend the time and money on it anymore, I guess. and without someone (or two) to help with that cost I won't be back. ok with all that said. the one thing that gets me is the parts pick up at Carlisle ! had bought 4 sets of quarter panels and the wheel wells and some doors and just a ton of stuff!! (And I told them this) . this was on sat, well on Friday I was able to give a 50- dollar deposit and was allowed in to pick my stuff up in my truck Well on Saturday they would not let you in with your truck! they wanted you to wait till day end ? this is not very easy since the venders all want to close and go home so what to do with all this stuff ??? they are like ?? no problem... they would give me a part pickup.so let me see if I got this right ? I can wait till the end of day, and everyone will be driving in at the same time or parts pickup And have my parts lying in the aisles? this just pissed me off! this to me is just another hidden cost and nothing more than a way to line their pockets! it took one hour to get the golf cart thing to me !!! and another 3 trips back and forth. . unreal! I reluctantly gave the guy 20 dollar tip only to get a lqqk like that's it? he says to me." you know how long it would of took you to walk all that?? I wanted to say YEAH!!!! NO TIME OR MONEY AT ALL IF I COULD OF TOOK MY TRUCK IN WHEN I WAS AT THE GATE 2 HRS AGO!!!!!!! i'm sure a guy with 1 heavy part giving 5 dollars to have it dropped off at his car works but this was just stupid! stuff didn't fit on the thing and only increased the odds of damage. never even took it to my truck. dropped it at gate. Couldn't make it any harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We try our best to accommodate everyone and their needs to pick up parts. We offer FREE parts hauling ranging from a golf cart all the way up to a forklift. We regularly load and haul large items like engines, cabs, frames, beds, etc. It's all done for a donation ONLY and it goes directly to the CMAF (Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation). FYI, Amyloidosis is the disease which took the life of our co-founder, Chip Miller, 20 years ago. So parts hauling is NOT a money grab in any way.

As far as the process to drive in and pick up parts, you give your driver's license and a $50 deposit and you are given approximately one hour to get your parts and return to the gate. When you return to the gate, you get your $50 and your license back. So again, it's NOT a money grab. It's a deposit to make sure you go in, get your stuff and exit in a timely manner. We can't have people coming in and driving around all day. The reason you were able to drive in on Friday but not on Saturday is because Saturday is WAY busier than any other day. Due to the sheer volume of vehicle and foot traffic on a Saturday of a big show like Chrysler, we generally don't allow parts pick ups until after 5pm.

The reason they only hauled your parts to the gate is because, legally, our parts haulers can only go as far as the gate. Outside of the gates they would be on public roadways and we are not allowed to operate equipment on public roads. If you bought 4 sets of quarter panels and wheel houses, they almost had to be from Stephens as I'm not aware of anyone else at the show with that much sheet metal. I'm pretty sure they would hold your parts until 5pm on Saturday. I would verify with them upon purchase but I'm not aware of them closing early on Saturday. Ted and his crew are some of the last to leave on Sunday so they are here for the duration.

I think it's a great service that we offer and it is FREE. A donation is at the customer's discretion.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you and anyone else who is considering purchasing anything large and/or heavy.

Ed B
. yes, I was told I could come in after 5, I was hot and been there since Thursday and wanted to get my stuff and start on a 13-hr. drive home !! most was from Stephens and another guy I think was just behind them that was selling sheet metal. I got a great deal on a set of slightly damaged 73 se charger quarters.as far as the free parts pickup (nothing free). I don't believe the twenty I gave went anywhere but in his pocket!! not that it's a big deal as its why I gave it, but it still didn't sit right with me and felt very strongarmed! I had a great time and wish it wasn't so far for me! I'm sure it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a small semi load of large Parts to get to my truck. I definitely understand not wanting vehicles running up and down the aisle. but how can waiting till 5 (think it was 3pm ish) and letting everyone in at the same time be any safer? that is what made it feel premeditated? no worries if I do go again I will do thing differently. ,

Re: The NATS, Columbus, Ohio Aug 11,12 ,13 2023 [Re: ink] #3166695
08/08/23 11:46 PM
08/08/23 11:46 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by ink
Originally Posted by ink

Ed B
. yes, I was told I could come in after 5, I was hot and been there since Thursday and wanted to get my stuff and start on a 13-hr. drive home !! most was from Stephens and another guy I think was just behind them that was selling sheet metal. I got a great deal on a set of slightly damaged 73 se charger quarters.as far as the free parts pickup (nothing free). I don't believe the twenty I gave went anywhere but in his pocket!! not that it's a big deal as its why I gave it, but it still didn't sit right with me and felt very strongarmed! I had a great time and wish it wasn't so far for me! I'm sure it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a small semi load of large Parts to get to my truck. I definitely understand not wanting vehicles running up and down the aisle. but how can waiting till 5 (think it was 3pm ish) and letting everyone in at the same time be any safer? that is what made it feel premeditated? no worries if I do go again I will do thing differently. ,

There was another guy there selling new AMD sheetmetal that bought it off the Tamrqaz sale in May, he was at the Minnesota Mopars in the Park June 1st.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Page 2 of 2 1 2