I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Tri City is very good but their prices have went up quite a bit. The last one I had done was over $800

All things considered with the economy, that's not bad IMO. We have to remember the cost of chemicals, transportation of, equipment, repair parts, wages, taxes, insurance for the business, employees etc, have ALL gone up beer

Now we know why sooooo many newer vehicles don't have chrome, but rather painted plastic everything.

whistling hmm very valid point, never thought about that up
Another may be the price of metal. After all, we all know that plastic is much for the environment better like ethanol rolleyes beer
The research, which was funded in part by the National Wildlife Federation and U.S. Department of Energy, found that ethanol is likely at least 24 percent more carbon-intensive than gasoline because of emissions resulting from land use changes to grow corn, along with processing and combustion.Feb 24, 2022

The above was taken from an article on Reuters That can be found here LINKY

Re: Show Chrome [Re: TJP] #3110245
01/09/23 06:42 AM
01/09/23 06:42 AM
The Grand State of Confusion-O...
SKR8PN Offline
master
SKR8PN  Offline
master

The Grand State of Confusion-O...
Another vote for Jon Wright's Custom Chrome Plating. He did all the chrome and die cast repair for SKR8PN back when I was building it.

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
Re: Show Chrome [Re: Frankie P] #3110368
01/09/23 03:32 PM
01/09/23 03:32 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Originally Posted by Frankie P
What has anybody heard about New England Chrome in Hartford, CT. or BAR Plating Meriden, CT. ?

I USED NEW ENGLAND a while ago. They did the console parts and tailight bezels for my sons duster. They did need a lot of work (lots of pits) I asked for "driver" quality, And they explained to me that there would be some pits, or it would cost more. Which i totally understood , because time is money. The parts came out very nice, and they still look great, probably almost 12 or more years now. i would recommend using them. Just make it clear up front what you are expecting.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2