Moparts

Show Chrome

Posted By: Frankie P

Show Chrome - 12/22/22 08:57 PM

Hello
What are some options for high quality chrome work in the CT, RI, MA area ? I'm looking to get front and rear bumpers done. What companies is everybody using?

Thanks
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Show Chrome - 12/22/22 09:04 PM

I only use Tri-City Plating in eastern Tennessee, I don't care what it costs to get the cores there, sometimes they have your bumpers in stock and ask for a core after you receive theirs. Last one was a 69 Dodge Sweptline from bumper and I couldn't get the brackets off, so they told me to send it anyway and they will get the brackets back to me, and they did with no shipping charge for the brackets!
Posted By: TJP

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 03:55 AM

Tri City is good and NO complaints, but if your willing to spend the $$ check out Paul's in PA. SHOW QUALITY LINKY beer
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 05:18 AM

Also check with Lebrandis in PA.
Posted By: A12

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 05:25 AM

This place, Jon Wright's Custom Chrome Plating in Grafton, Ohio has been doing quality plating for over 50 years. Maybe too pricy for most but if quality is what a customer is looking for that this is the place I recommend.

This video is long and not too exciting BUT it shows just exactly why all chrome platers seem to be expensive but you'll see the reason why. Grab a beer, coffee or beverage and watch how triple chrome plating is done.

Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
Tri City is good and NO complaints, but if your willing to spend the $$ check out Paul's in PA. SHOW QUALITY LINKY beer

100% Agree!
KID
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 06:47 AM

Bumpers Tri City
Posted By: solarguy

Re: Show Chrome - 12/23/22 10:00 AM

New England Chrome in East Hartford, CT
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Show Chrome - 12/24/22 12:43 AM

Tri City is very good but their prices have went up quite a bit. The last one I had done was over $800
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Show Chrome - 12/24/22 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

I just used Paul's for a valve cover. Excellent work but turnaround was lousy. About four months IIRC. But I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Re: Show Chrome - 12/25/22 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Tri City is very good but their prices have went up quite a bit. The last one I had done was over $800

All things considered with the economy, that's not bad IMO. We have to remember the cost of chemicals, transportation of, equipment, repair parts, wages, taxes, insurance for the business, employees etc, have ALL gone up beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Show Chrome - 12/25/22 08:11 PM

the disposal of used up chemicals has a very big part in the cost of plating items as well.
beer
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Show Chrome - 12/26/22 04:39 AM

I've seen Librandis work, its good, they've been in the game a long time. You're gonna pay for their work though. When I had bumpers done, I gave my money to tri city, and was blown away. Librandis wanted 3xs the amount for the same work.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: Show Chrome - 12/26/22 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by solarguy
New England Chrome in East Hartford, CT

Used them in the past, very satisfied.
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: Show Chrome - 12/26/22 04:57 PM

Had multiple bumpers done by Tri-City, always look good.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Show Chrome - 12/26/22 07:10 PM

Used Ogden Chrome in Utah for the RR. Very happy... shipping was free to and from
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Show Chrome - 12/26/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by TJP

All things considered with the economy, that's not bad IMO. We have to remember the cost of chemicals, transportation of, equipment, repair parts, wages, taxes, insurance for the business, employees etc, have ALL gone up beer
up I wasn`t complaining, just was shocked how much they went up in a year or or so.

Re: Show Chrome - 12/27/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

up I wasn`t complaining, just was shocked how much they went up in a year or or so.

up beer
Posted By: Frankie P

Re: Show Chrome - 01/05/23 10:29 PM

What has anybody heard about New England Chrome in Hartford, CT. or BAR Plating Meriden, CT. ?
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Show Chrome - 01/06/23 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

Now we know why sooooo many newer vehicles don't have chrome, but rather painted plastic everything.

Re: Show Chrome - 01/06/23 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by TJP

Now we know why sooooo many newer vehicles don't have chrome, but rather painted plastic everything.

whistling hmm very valid point, never thought about that up
Another may be the price of metal. After all, we all know that plastic is much for the environment better like ethanol rolleyes beer
The research, which was funded in part by the National Wildlife Federation and U.S. Department of Energy, found that ethanol is likely at least 24 percent more carbon-intensive than gasoline because of emissions resulting from land use changes to grow corn, along with processing and combustion.Feb 24, 2022

The above was taken from an article on Reuters That can be found here LINKY
Posted By: SKR8PN

Re: Show Chrome - 01/09/23 10:42 AM

Another vote for Jon Wright's Custom Chrome Plating. He did all the chrome and die cast repair for SKR8PN back when I was building it.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Show Chrome - 01/09/23 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie P
What has anybody heard about New England Chrome in Hartford, CT. or BAR Plating Meriden, CT. ?

I USED NEW ENGLAND a while ago. They did the console parts and tailight bezels for my sons duster. They did need a lot of work (lots of pits) I asked for "driver" quality, And they explained to me that there would be some pits, or it would cost more. Which i totally understood , because time is money. The parts came out very nice, and they still look great, probably almost 12 or more years now. i would recommend using them. Just make it clear up front what you are expecting.
© 2024 Moparts Forums