carnut68  Offline OP
master
C

Md.
Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by justinp61
Originally Posted by n20mstr
I seen the video on Monza's GP he say that car can be duplicated for about 20 grand work if you willing to do the work. Should be interesting on how fast it will be.

come on now......you really think you can duplicate that car for 20k?? im sure its not a junkyard ls , and that cage work and bodywork alone are a decent amount of money. On top of that, let me know where you can get a clean rust free G body these days for super cheap...

Maybe he has $20K in it and not counting all the free parts and work on the car? shruggy

shruggy Just quoting what was said, he did say if you willing to do the work but i iagree in this day and age it will be kind of hard to duplicate a car of that caliber for 20. he didn't get into the paint/body work on the car because it was done by a friend.
I think he said the bar was built by someone in St. Louis and they made a template to sell for those who want to install the bars themselves.

America First!
Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: n20mstr] #3067050
08/11/22 12:03 PM
08/11/22 12:03 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Originally Posted by n20mstr
I seen the video on Monza's GP he say that car can be duplicated for about 20 grand work if you willing to do the work. Should be interesting on how fast it will be.

come on now......you really think you can duplicate that car for 20k?? im sure its not a junkyard ls , and that cage work and bodywork alone are a decent amount of money. On top of that, let me know where you can get a clean rust free G body these days for super cheap...
@20K is laughable, unless 60K worth of parts were given to you, I don't care how much of the build he did himself.

That quote was definitely designed for people who watch the show and have never been near an actual build.

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: jim sciortino] #3067061
08/11/22 12:48 PM
08/11/22 12:48 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I think some are confusing the different shows either filming or already "in the can" so to speak. JJ's show has been filming and I believe they are done now, a more street car oriented show here in Vegas a few weeks. Those were cars with no cages and more street oriented. Then they began filming the new fastest in America stuff on small tires. Some of those guys built new cars for this and some of them have the cars you have all seen on a 28 or 29" tire. This is what was currently being filmed in Las Vegas where Ryan Fellows crashed and passed away, they have stopped filming for nowsince the incident not sure what they will be doing there now. The 405 guys are also revamping their show to go to a small tire as well racing against other groups from around the country. I think maybe some are getting confused about what people are building, especially since there has no been an official announcement about the new fastest in America stuff which rumor has it may not happen now, but just a rumor.

One last tidbit that applies to the recent accident/death. It appears according to county officials Pilgrim Media Group did not obtain a film permit from Clark Count NV. But they did have a permit from NDOT to have control over the road and to close it. But that road closure permit is only issued if the film permit is in place. The filming permit is a $45 fee, it is issued to insure sufficient insurance is in place for the proposed activities..So the plot has thickened a bit with the Clark County office saying they neither issued a permit or was there one sought for filming and NDOT stating they had one. At any rate state OSHA officials are no investigating the whole deal.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: Al_Alguire] #3067153
08/11/22 07:56 PM
08/11/22 07:56 PM
Md.
C
carnut68 Offline OP
master
carnut68  Offline OP
master
C

Md.
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I think some are confusing the different shows either filming or already "in the can" so to speak. JJ's show has been filming and I believe they are done now, a more street car oriented show here in Vegas a few weeks. Those were cars with no cages and more street oriented. Then they began filming the new fastest in America stuff on small tires. Some of those guys built new cars for this and some of them have the cars you have all seen on a 28 or 29" tire. This is what was currently being filmed in Las Vegas where Ryan Fellows crashed and passed away, they have stopped filming for nowsince the incident not sure what they will be doing there now. The 405 guys are also revamping their show to go to a small tire as well racing against other groups from around the country. I think maybe some are getting confused about what people are building, especially since there has no been an official announcement about the new fastest in America stuff which rumor has it may not happen now, but just a rumor.

One last tidbit that applies to the recent accident/death. It appears according to county officials Pilgrim Media Group did not obtain a film permit from Clark Count NV. But they did have a permit from NDOT to have control over the road and to close it. But that road closure permit is only issued if the film permit is in place. The filming permit is a $45 fee, it is issued to insure sufficient insurance is in place for the proposed activities..So the plot has thickened a bit with the Clark County office saying they neither issued a permit or was there one sought for filming and NDOT stating they had one. At any rate state OSHA officials are no investigating the whole deal.
The car Monza was showing on You Tube was a small tire street car he said it had a/c and was built to race and have fun. Yes it had a bar.

America First!
Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: carnut68] #3067193
08/11/22 10:06 PM
08/11/22 10:06 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
I think Al is correct about the different shows. The one I saw was JJ, Ryan Martin, Shawn and Ax Man, no one else.

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: justinp61] #3067206
08/11/22 10:52 PM
08/11/22 10:52 PM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Originally Posted by justinp61
I think Al is correct about the different shows. The one I saw was JJ, Ryan Martin, Shawn and Ax Man, no one else.

Now that's the show called Street outlaws Endgame, correct?

I Know anything about the other shows work

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: racerx] #3067285
08/12/22 10:06 AM
08/12/22 10:06 AM
Bowler Wisconsin
Smoparmike Offline
enthusiast
Smoparmike  Offline
enthusiast

Bowler Wisconsin
Yes and they were filming fastest in America in Vegas and the original street outlaws OKC show but they all built supposed street cars. Pretty sure Chief is not part of any of the shows.

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: Smoparmike] #3067318
08/12/22 11:17 AM
08/12/22 11:17 AM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Originally Posted by Smoparmike
Yes and they were filming fastest in America in Vegas and the original street outlaws OKC show but they all built supposed street cars. Pretty sure Chief is not part of any of the shows.

Suits me fine.

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: justinp61] #3067342
08/12/22 01:07 PM
08/12/22 01:07 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Chief is no longer part of Pilgrim programming....Yes there are three shows being taped or already done. Not sure what will become of the fastest in America small tire deal. As I said they have not done any promotion yet for the show and many of the cars are quite familiar just with small tires.

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: carnut68] #3068459
08/16/22 12:18 PM
08/16/22 12:18 PM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Got a chance to see the Murder Nova's build work going to be interesting on how he competes with his Donk build. There are some Donks out there tho shruggy work

Re: Real street cars for some of the Street Outlaws [Re: racerx] #3068478
08/16/22 01:01 PM
08/16/22 01:01 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Well they filmed all those shows here a few weeks ago