Has anyone correlated the stamped # on the fan hub to the actual part # for the typical standard 7 blades that used a spacer? Not the clutch type.

There are a lot of fan blades variations and those that were ink stamped are usually missing the part number stamp. So besides diameter and pitch, you have to look at the blade shape also to help.

My 1970 B body 383 did not have the correct fan, but it is a 18 in 7 blade 2" pitch fan. Blade tips are curved. My hub is stamped #7. I found a similar fan on google listed as 2683226 and it also had #7 stamp.

Looking for the 2863224 which would be correct I saw several examples at Carlise and they all had #58. Once back home and checked some at friends shop, the 224 looking versions (2) also had #58 stamped.

So is the number stamped in hub the actual way to identify the fan you're looking for? The 224 is also 7 blade 18" 2" pitch but with a cut corner on the blade tip.

Both these fans had 4" wide blades, so the only difference is the shape of the tip. Wonder how much that could actually matter???