05/30/22 03:15 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by J_BODY
Pretty much what a12rag said…. Got it last august. Think I got the J&J shot the May before that. Daughter works in a hospital and leaned on me to get it. Figured with being past military and them shooting us with whatever to be deployment ready how bad could this be. Missed 11 days of work, and “the fog” lasted a good week after that. I really surprised I didn’t mess something up at work but I took great precautions to make sure my tasks as an auto tech were completed. Taste and smell were affected. Not sure that my sense of smell is really back 100% or not.

Stick your nose in a bottle of vinegar. I get about two good wiffs now. Up from about 1/2 a wiff.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: pittsburghracer] #3046525
05/30/22 05:48 PM
05/30/22 05:48 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Can a covid test today tell if you ever tested positive? Fatigue gets me if I exert myself, but have never had any systems from the start. Only thing is I eat something real sweet it leaves a funny taste in my mouth till I take a swig of Jack.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: moparts] #3046596
05/30/22 09:37 PM
05/30/22 09:37 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
[quote[/b]=moparts]Just getting over Covid right now,

Mine was mild, so must be the latest strain, [b]cough , headache , stuffed up head , no energy, ready for sleep at 7pm
frown but lungs clear and no problem breathing

And its been 1 1/2 weeks now , down to just a cough now , When it first started it seemed to be just a cold but tested positive for Covid but then the other symptoms started

And the first couple of days I had the "cold" before I felt really sick or even thought to do the Covid test, I passes it on to others shruggy

So staying home and avoiding people until I'm well again , And yes I know who gave it to me , Made a scrap run with a friend who had a cold which turned out to be Covid
Just riding in my pickup for a hour , I got it from him confused [/quote]

I’m on day 4 of covid and those are the symptoms I’m having, telling worse today.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 71TA] #3046660
05/31/22 07:26 AM
05/31/22 07:26 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
My youngest brother lost his 59 year old wife to Covid when she tested positive and was in a severely overwhelmed Houston Methodist hospital in January. My brother was told that they would check her into a bed in the Covid section for observation, but that first night with no message to him, they put her on a ventilator, she vomited with it going into the lungs, organs started shutting down, brain waves showed a hopeless situation, and he had to make the decision to turn off the ventilator. Strangely when he got her death certificate it did not have Covid listed as either cause of, or contributor to, death.

Other family members who travel a lot have gotten Covid twice.

My sister who is the medical area has been exposed many times has never tested positive.
Her husband who has treated hundreds of Covid patients, including patients who were found to be positive after he delivered their baby, did not get Covid until the day after his mother’s funeral, who died from non-covid heart failure.

I have not had covid that I could detect any symptom of.

My 92 year old mother, disabled by 3 strokes, has not had detectable Covid, but just recently is facing pacemaker malfunction.

Although I am self educated on viral genetics,
I feel I can make a “good guess” how to modify specific genes on Covid
to make it spread easier, and also how to make it much more deadly.

My guess is that at a minimum 100,000+ people on earth also now know how to make Covid easier to spread AND more deadly,
That is bad to think about.
I guess it is also true about Smallpox, the only disease presently “wiped out.”

On the upside
knowledge about how to create vaccines has been rapidly advanced by all that has happened.
General medical knowledge of how to treat illness has advanced.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 360view] #3046758
05/31/22 02:13 PM
05/31/22 02:13 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
my wife and i have been very lucky to NOT have contracted it.
we both have severe health issues, so both of us have gotten all the shots available.
we practice the distance thing, plus wash our hands a ton.
eventually though, we will both possibly get some version of this damn thing, and if we do, i pray it will be a mild case.
however, it's possible even a mild case will do us in. she has COPD, and i have MS and other maladies.
beer

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: moparx] #3046794
05/31/22 04:16 PM
05/31/22 04:16 PM
Marion, South Carolina [><]
an8sec70cuda Offline
I Live Here
an8sec70cuda  Offline
I Live Here

Marion, South Carolina [><]
I had it in April of last year. Thought it was a stomach bug for a few days, then felt like flu for a few days. After a week, I went and got tested...had to get tested to be out of work that long.
It sucked, but so does the flu. Got over it. Neither my kids or my wife contracted it from me, so I don't believe it's nearly as contagious as many think.

Both of my kids (5 and 7 years old) had it roughly 6 months after I did. Sent home from school w/ cold-like symptoms, tested positive. Stayed home for a week and played outside the whole time. If not for the test result, I'd say it was nothing more than a cold. Runny nose and 99 degree fever.

My wife hasn't had it. She worked throughout the "shutdown" at a substance abuse treatment facility.

My family isn't vaccinated...and won't be.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax
Re: Who's had COVID [Re: an8sec70cuda] #3046871
05/31/22 07:20 PM
05/31/22 07:20 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
If U haven't gotten Covid, U should feel grateful...
I have lost (2) close friends because of Covid, neither was vaccinated...
Another got Covid was in the hospital (2) weeks, now out but still on the weak side...

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: Sinitro] #3046893
05/31/22 08:40 PM
05/31/22 08:40 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Knock on wood but not one person of my family, friends or enemies have died from covid. 5 have had mild covid, no ventilators just stayed at home a few days till tested negative.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: cudaman1969] #3046911
05/31/22 10:13 PM
05/31/22 10:13 PM
N.W. Florida
F
Fat_Mike Offline
master
Fat_Mike  Offline
master
F

N.W. Florida
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Can a covid test today tell if you ever tested positive? Fatigue gets me if I exert myself, but have never had any systems from the start. Only thing is I eat something real sweet it leaves a funny taste in my mouth till I take a swig of Jack.

Have your heart checked out thoroughly. Seriously.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: Fat_Mike] #3046987
06/01/22 09:39 AM
06/01/22 09:39 AM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Originally Posted by cudaman1969

Have your heart checked out thoroughly. Seriously.

Every year since 15 from heart doc and vascular surgeon, (lower aorta stent put in) stress test, tread mill and nuclear, sonic test each year since procedure. I’ll push for more test this summer when I see them again.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 6PKRTSE] #3047644
06/03/22 02:10 PM
06/03/22 02:10 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline OP
I Live Here
71TA  Offline OP
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I finally had it about a month ago. Tested positive. I was sick with all the symptoms for about a week. Second week was still weak and sluggish feeling. 4 weeks later and while I have mowed the front, side and rear grass the last 2 weekends I have had to take 4-5 breaks, which I have never had to take a break ever before. I used to be able to mow from start to finish non-stop and then do whatever the rest of the day. The last two weekends it felt like I was pushing the mower uphill the whole time. I am sure it will get better over time. It isn't no joke, that's for sure.

I'm now at about the 3 week point. At 59 I do feel "sluggish" and my job is very physical. Not brick physical but maybe carpenter physical. I'm at about 90% I'd say. Slight runny nose. Most of the coughing phlegm gone. But every morning my throat is a bit raw and i wonder "is it back". We have Carlisle in a month, busy at work, sold our house so have to move to the island house BEFORE Carlise (tahts a good thing). I've been CRASHING when I get home and the wife lets me sleep all night in the chair watching the news.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 71TA] #3047663
06/03/22 02:51 PM
06/03/22 02:51 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
I'm now at about the 3 week point. At 59 I do feel "sluggish" and my job is very physical. Not brick physical but maybe carpenter physical. I'm at about 90% I'd say. Slight runny nose. Most of the coughing phlegm gone. But every morning my throat is a bit raw and i wonder "is it back". We have Carlisle in a month, busy at work, sold our house so have to move to the island house BEFORE Carlise (tahts a good thing). I've been CRASHING when I get home and the wife lets me sleep all night in the chair watching the news.

Jim, What did they give you for meds? My wife got a steroid and a antibiotic of some type. She is doing much better now.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 71TA] #3047665
06/03/22 02:54 PM
06/03/22 02:54 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
I caught it October 2020 , 1st 5 days were pretty rough, never felt like I was going to die .. but, I've been thru similar stuff when I had to airplane travel often .. every time I flew, came home .. sick for 5 days after .

This was a bit different , I would get this tastes' and smell , like almost battery acid , or at least fresh dirt , some things I could taste some I could not , slept 12-15 hours every day , after being awake for 5-6 or so heavy fatigue , back to bed ..

I went back to work in 7 days , almost every Friday at 2-3 pm .. that was it, that awful smell and taste again, headaches , fatigue .. often felt like I could not make it home , that lasted all the way till February 2021 and it stopped, everyone once in awhile the fatigue still hits me , not quite as severe

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: Who's had COVID [Re: mopars4ever] #3047704
06/03/22 05:12 PM
06/03/22 05:12 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline OP
I Live Here
71TA  Offline OP
I Live Here

Warren, MI
So 3 days in I went to a CVS Urgent Care which was one of only 1800 places in the country that was giving out the Covid antiviral drugs, Paxlovid. Gotta get it within 5 days of symptoms. The antivirals are suppoosed to stop the virus from replicating and thus lessen the symptoms. But IF what I had would have been worse without taking those 3 horse pills twice a day, I don't know that I'd be here typing this cause I was still darn sick. I've had Pneumoinia a few times and still worked. Once when I had Pneumonia for a couple weeks I went to urgent care and they wanted to call an ambulance to take me to ER. I told them I CANT AFFORD THAT. I have a brutally high deductible and walking thru the ER doors is $5000!!!!!!! HEALTH CARE / HOSPITALS are a rip off. 99% are condescending and look at you like a Ferrari payment not a human.

Anyway I tested negative for Covid after 1 week of mostly sleepless nights taking Ibuprophen for the terrible headaches (my PA daughter said to switch between Ibuprophen (Motrin) and Acetaminophen (Tylenol) every 4 hours) and constantly spitting my own salivia because I could NOT even swallow that let alone food and drink was excruciating. I stayed away from work/family for another week.

I got a perscription of Amoxicxylin (SP?) because I was sure I had Step Throat (have had that many times before). I took the whole corse of antibiotics (like you're supposed to)

Bad thing is that this Omicron has so many variants that we are all gonna get it and many variants many times like the different strains of flu. Most people dont die from the flu but a lot do. Think this Omicron will be the new EXTRA, YEAR ROUND "flu" and it will be more deadly than the flu because it's new to our bodies.

My PA daughter in the ER says people say "I wish I had go the shot" just before they die. Kinda late then cause as bullet proof as we all think we are, we're not.

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
I'm now at about the 3 week point. At 59 I do feel "sluggish" and my job is very physical. Not brick physical but maybe carpenter physical. I'm at about 90% I'd say. Slight runny nose. Most of the coughing phlegm gone. But every morning my throat is a bit raw and i wonder "is it back". We have Carlisle in a month, busy at work, sold our house so have to move to the island house BEFORE Carlise (thats a good thing). I've been CRASHING when I get home and the wife lets me sleep all night in the chair watching the news.

Jim, What did they give you for meds? My wife got a steroid and a antibiotic of some type. She is doing much better now.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: 71TA] #3047714
06/03/22 06:13 PM
06/03/22 06:13 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
[quote=71TA]So 3 days in I went to a CVS Urgent Care which was one of only 1800 places in the country that was giving out the Covid antiviral drugs, Paxlovid. Gotta get it within 5 days of symptoms. The antivirals are suppoosed to stop the virus from replicating and thus lessen the symptoms. But IF what I had would have been worse without taking those 3 horse pills twice a day, I don't know that I'd be here typing this cause I was still darn sick. I've had Pneumoinia a few times and still worked. Once when I had Pneumonia for a couple weeks I went to urgent care and they wanted to call an ambulance to take me to ER. I told them I CANT AFFORD THAT. I have a brutally high deductible and walking thru the ER doors is $5000!!!!!!! HEALTH CARE / HOSPITALS are a rip off. 99% are condescending and look at you like a Ferrari payment not a human.

Anyway I tested negative for Covid after 1 week of mostly sleepless nights taking Ibuprophen for the terrible headaches (my PA daughter said to switch between Ibuprophen (Motrin) and Acetaminophen (Tylenol) every 4 hours) and constantly spitting my own salivia because I could NOT even swallow that let alone food and drink was excruciating. I stayed away from work/family for another week.

I got a perscription of Amoxicxylin (SP?) because I was sure I had Step Throat (have had that many times before). I took the whole corse of antibiotics (like you're supposed to)

Bad thing is that this Omicron has so many variants that we are all gonna get it and many variants many times like the different strains of flu. Most people dont die from the flu but a lot do. Think this Omicron will be the new EXTRA, YEAR ROUND "flu" and it will be more deadly than the flu because it's new to our bodies.

My PA daughter in the ER says people say "I wish I had go the shot" just before they die. Kinda late then cause as bullet proof as we all think we are, we're not.

They say that because they are dying and only because they are dying. Some die without the the shot and some die because of the shot.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: pittsburghracer] #3047741
06/03/22 09:03 PM
06/03/22 09:03 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
I'm on day 7 and feel better, still coughing up some yellow stuff, definitely don't have much energy and my sleep has gone to crap. I retired last month after working 12 hour swing shifts, while working I was always tired from lack of rest. About a week before we left on vacation I had started sleeping all night, getting up early and felt good. Now I feel like I am back on swing shifts and was awake at 0215 this AM. I'm also very irritable.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: pittsburghracer] #3047769
06/03/22 11:04 PM
06/03/22 11:04 PM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
[quote=71TA]So 3 days in I went to a CVS Urgent Care which was one of only 1800 places in the country that was giving out the Covid antiviral drugs, Paxlovid. Gotta get it within 5 days of symptoms. The antivirals are suppoosed to stop the virus from replicating and thus lessen the symptoms. But IF what I had would have been worse without taking those 3 horse pills twice a day, I don't know that I'd be here typing this cause I was still darn sick. I've had Pneumoinia a few times and still worked. Once when I had Pneumonia for a couple weeks I went to urgent care and they wanted to call an ambulance to take me to ER. I told them I CANT AFFORD THAT. I have a brutally high deductible and walking thru the ER doors is $5000!!!!!!! HEALTH CARE / HOSPITALS are a rip off. 99% are condescending and look at you like a Ferrari payment not a human.

They say that because they are dying and only because they are dying. Some die without the the shot and some die because of the shot.

Yep! My PA daughter rarely...if ever... sees ANYONE right before they die and she works urgent care.

Re: Who's had COVID [Re: Dcuda69] #3047787
06/04/22 12:53 AM
06/04/22 12:53 AM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Can’t believe the wife and I still haven’t caught it. Lucky I guess.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Who's had COVID [Re: BloFish] #3047796
06/04/22 06:28 AM
06/04/22 06:28 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Originally Posted by BloFish
Can’t believe the wife and I still haven’t caught it. Lucky I guess.

Huge mistakes have been made.

Huge mistakes continue to be made.

It is a huge mistake being made right now
to not intensely study
the people who did not get infected at all.

To do this it has to be determined
who got a very mild un-noticed case
and separate these from
those who truly show no signs like antibodies, T-cells, and so forth.

England and Israel stand out as making less of this huge mistake.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4