10/26/21 08:11 PM
10/26/21 08:11 PM
Tucson, AZ
Ramrod39 Offline OP
My New Title
Ramrod39  Offline OP
My New Title

Tucson, AZ
Been a while since I had to sell a car. I've got a nearly used up driver my daughter needs to move along. I used to use Craigslist, looks like that is not the ticket anymore. Where to advertise? Facebook Marketplace? Someone said maybe Offer Up (whatever that is).

Any advice?

Re: Where to advertise a car for sale these days? [Re: Ramrod39] #2978794
10/27/21 07:43 AM
10/27/21 07:43 AM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
if you advertise on craigslist it will cost a few $$ to list in the auto for sale. OR you can do what a lot of people do and list it in the auto parts for sale. if you do it this way it's free so you have nothing to loose other than the usual spammer junk..

facebook marketplace is hit and miss. in my opinion they seem to have changed the algorithms that determine who sees your ad. every time i try facebook i don't get a lot of views and lots of notifications saying for some extra $$ a really odd amount of people, like 382, will see your ad. again it's free so you don't have a lot to loose. note, from my experiences you can only post your ad in something like 12 or 15 groups.

a note on online advertising. in my opinion craigslist doesn't like it when copy pasting text in their ads. i write my original ad on craigslist then copy paste it to facebook.

a upside to living on a somewhat busy street. if selling a car i just put it on the lawn in front of my house and it usually sells in a week or less.

perception is 90% of reality