dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by moparmarks
Want to lower my 78 D100 and I have a 91 B300 van and also a 92 D250 for parts. Can I use those LCA's and if so what all do I need to do?
Thanks

So back on topic, I would like to hear from anyone who has simply used 1994-2001 drop springs. If these are an option I don't see why there wouldn't be some feedback or pics, but I don't see any. I just bought some 1992 B250 Van lower control arms from Rock Auto so I'll start heading down that path for now.

Resurrected a pic of a buddies Bonneville truck. What he did the ole hit n miss on the front coil springs. I think he ended up cutting two coils on each side. Given the truck was a 3/4 ton the coils were HD. On the rear he used a drop shackle mounted on the center hole. He still retained the 3/4 ton rear in the stock configuration. As far as tech he passed but got a little scrutiny in that the class he ran didn’t allow for suspension mods as far as drop. He told the techs that the truck retained its proper suspension. Given the drop wasn’t in the salt(weeds) they let him slide. Had another team competing in his class filed a protest he probably would of been disqualified.

C387168C-7E68-43AE-994B-797896150DF7.jpegC5EC937D-9B8C-4616-A780-A5B418EAB464.jpeg
Last edited by dart4forte; 11/08/20 01:13 PM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: jstollfu] #2843950
11/09/20 11:56 AM
11/09/20 11:56 AM
Dearborn, Michigan
J
jstollfu Offline
enthusiast
jstollfu  Offline
enthusiast
J

Dearborn, Michigan
Just stay away from anything from Mid America Customs. The guy will take your money and will never deliver. Total - Jack [censored]..

The bottom photo I posted of the suspension is Fab lower control arms with 1st gen Dakota dropped spindles. It's the best ride and the geometry is good. I suggest doing it right the 1st time, cut springs are OK for awhile but you will get tired of them after they fully settle and it leans hard to one side and rides like a turd. Ask me how I know?

suspension.jpg4228364-Dakotaspindles002.jpg4230069-2872109-modifiedspindles2.jpg
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: jstollfu] #2843966
11/09/20 12:41 PM
11/09/20 12:41 PM
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
JP8  Offline
J

San Diego
Originally Posted by jstollfu
Just stay away from anything from Mid America Customs. .....

The bottom photo I posted of the suspension is Fab lower control arms with 1st gen Dakota dropped spindles. It's the best ride and the geometry is good.

Yeah, not into cutting the springs. You've gotta know what the spring rate is. If you cut them you'll never really know and it'll inevitably be off and they will be unequal and unbalanced.

I have not found these fabricated lower control arms anywhere. Are th from Mid America Kustoms? Mid America Customs is a golf cart place out of Paducah, KY. The Mid America Kustoms place doesn't mention any Mopar or Suspension components on their web site. Is that the company that makes them or you just tried to buy them from there? Any links? I don't want mine quite in the weeds as yours but I would like the 2" drop. Probably not going to do a comb of lowering parts, i.e. Van or fabricated LCA's + drop splindles. Just looking for one component for a touch lower. I've got a sway bar on it already and ordered Van LCA's. If that lowers it 2" and an axle flip get's 3" in the back it will sit nice and level. If the fabricated LCA's lowers it a little more in the front it will have a nice rake to it.

My main goal is optimal handling performance ( not an autocrosser but as good as you can get a truck), not looks, perse. 17x8's in front and a fast ratio steering box and it'll be [censored].

Instagram : @5_points_racing
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2843968
11/09/20 12:47 PM
11/09/20 12:47 PM
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
JP8  Offline
J

San Diego

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2843972
11/09/20 01:02 PM
11/09/20 01:02 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by jstollfu
Just stay away from anything from Mid America Customs. .....

The bottom photo I posted of the suspension is Fab lower control arms with 1st gen Dakota dropped spindles. It's the best ride and the geometry is good.

Yeah, not into cutting the springs. You've gotta know what the spring rate is. If you cut them you'll never really know and it'll inevitably be off and they will be unequal and unbalanced.

I have not found these fabricated lower control arms anywhere. Are th from Mid America Kustoms? Mid America Customs is a golf cart place out of Paducah, KY. The Mid America Kustoms place doesn't mention any Mopar or Suspension components on their web site. Is that the company that makes them or you just tried to buy them from there? Any links? I don't want mine quite in the weeds as yours but I would like the 2" drop. Probably not going to do a comb of lowering parts, i.e. Van or fabricated LCA's + drop splindles. Just looking for one component for a touch lower. I've got a sway bar on it already and ordered Van LCA's. If that lowers it 2" and an axle flip get's 3" in the back it will sit nice and level. If the fabricated LCA's lowers it a little more in the front it will have a nice rake to it.

My main goal is optimal handling performance ( not an autocrosser but as good as you can get a truck), not looks, perse. 17x8's in front and a fast ratio steering box and it'll be [censored].

I think you’ll like the the van LCAs. It will drop the front where you won’t have any other Frontenac binding problems. On the axle flip, you’ll probable look at a maximum of a 5” drop depending on your leaf springs. If you look at my truck you’ll see a slight squat in the rear. I need to pull the springs and replace them with correctly arched springs.

352D9E6E-B658-4B4C-89D2-9BB7DB6B1B0F.jpeg
Last edited by dart4forte; 11/09/20 06:13 PM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2844185
11/09/20 06:39 PM
11/09/20 06:39 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I hate lowered trucks, if you want something low buy a freakin' car... twocents

What is it with these losers coming into forums and being Karens? Nobody asked your opinion Karen (Rhinodart and Don). The title should have let you know that nobody is going to care what you have to say in regards to lowering a D100. Literally, nobody in this chat cares that YOU don't like lowered trucks.

Do you really think anyone in here is going to say to themselves, " You know what? These two random losers don't like lowered trucks. I think I won't lower mine now."?

It's like walking into a sporting goods store and getting on the loudspeaker and proclaiming to all the sports enthusiasts shopping there, " I don't like sports.". Nobody here cares what you think.

Don't be a Karen!

This is Don.

This is Rhinodork

That is my opinion, don't like it, don't post a thread on it! You can just FO if you don't like it! You are only a caretaker of a nice vehicle, the next guy will fix your mistakes....LOL

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: Rhinodart] #2844276
11/09/20 09:52 PM
11/09/20 09:52 PM
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
JP8  Offline
J

San Diego
Originally Posted by JP8
I hate lowered trucks, if you want something low buy a freakin' car... twocents

The title should have let you know that nobody is going to care what you have to say in regards to lowering a D100. Literally, nobody in this chat cares that YOU don't like lowered trucks.

It's like walking into a sporting goods store and getting on the loudspeaker and proclaiming to all the sports enthusiasts shopping there, " I don't like sports.". Nobody here cares what you think.

That is my opinion, don't like it, don't post a thread on it! You can just FO if you don't like it! You are only a caretaker of a nice vehicle, the next guy will fix your mistakes....LOL

Now, now Karen. You need to follow your own advice. Don't like the subject matter, don't post on it! You knew this thread was all about lowering D100's, right? Nothing made you click on this thread. You just wanted to tell people how much you don't like lowered trucks. Guess what, nobody cares!
Furthermore, it's just funny (sad, really) that you're getting huffy and telling people to FO if they don't like it. YOU are the one that doesn't like people's favorable opinion of lowered trucks, posting in a thread that is all about lowered trucks, and telling people to FO. I hope you get better and quit being so angry.
My truck is for sale. You can buy it and keep it from being ruined. I was just wanting to rebuild the front suspension and throw on some 17" wheels to get a good stance on it. Got a new AVS2 carb too. Thinking about some shorty headers too. Price will go up with modifications so act now before it's ruined! Don't have to sell but if I do the $$$ will be helping me ruin my 'cuda some more.

Buy it before I ruin it, Rhinodork!

Last edited by JP8; 11/09/20 09:56 PM.

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2844290
11/09/20 10:30 PM
11/09/20 10:30 PM
Weatherford, Texas
RapidusMaximus Offline
top fuel
RapidusMaximus  Offline
top fuel

Weatherford, Texas
My build thread from a few years ago, maybe some information you can use
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...ttle-truck-small-block-more-updates.html

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2846013
11/14/20 09:27 AM
11/14/20 09:27 AM
WAYNESVILLE
P
Please Choose Offline
Please Choose  Offline
P

WAYNESVILLE
I recently picked up a 1987 D100. The truck runs great, but needs some suspension work. I'm going to replace all bushing and ball joints and while I'm at it going to install the B150 LCA for a modest drop. For the rear I'm going to install the drop shackle and spring mount relocation bracket from X2 industries. Looks like I can run the stock length shock in the front, but I think I'll need a shorter shock in the rear. What shocks are your running in the rear?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3