09/23/20 01:39 PM
09/23/20 01:39 PM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.

Run away from these idiots - do not play golf here!!!

On January 30, 2020 I entered into a contract to hold our golf league championship, an 18-hole individual tournament on September 19th at 12 noon (tee time). A dinner and awards ceremony was to follow, A deposit for the contract was accepted for the event. Since then I have has 4 conversations with the Director of operations and sales on the event (mostly in the last 4 to 5 weeks). Then, on the evening of the 18th, 18 hours prior to tee time, I am told the details of the contract cannot be administered. For some reason, 20 guys cannot tee off on one 9 hole course and the other 20 golfers cannot tee off on the other nine as defined in the contract. To really screw things up, on Saturday the 19th, I receive word at 10 a.m. that we are being delayed 2 hours…the earliest we can tee off is 2 p.m. (if that) They claim morning frost on the green as the issue but the low temp was 42 degrees that night. When I arrived I saw the issues - they overbooked.

What I have found is that the front of the house never spoke to the back of the house. The golfers that booked tee times online overlapped everything I established in January. Even if we played at 2 p.m., this time of the year must have your last golfer tee off by 2:20 p.m. to get you 18 holes in by dark! They would have had the last groups teeing off between 3:30 and 3:45 p.m. It get dark here at 7:30 p.m. Our first 2 foursomes may have completed the round with sunlight but everybody else would have been left in the dark. Again, this is a TOURNAMENT!

Mike Selden (GM) and Ted Lasater(Dir. of Operations) dropped the ball and didn’t even have a recovery plan. The best part, Mike Seldon stated to all our members “I screwed up/we screwed up”. I cannot wait to get all my expenses in line for finding a new location (and fast) to hold the event.

And no – covid had no element in his decision to screw us over…

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: RobG] #2824234
09/23/20 05:57 PM
09/23/20 05:57 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
That sucks, and the fact they admitted it, is a plus. seems to me, from a business stand point, they should offer a full refund, a free "rain check" on another future event, and give you first class red carpet treatment the next time, and you should accept it, rather you having to hunt for another potential screw up location, and the course getting a deserved bad rep.

And I speak from authority here, I've played more golf in the last three months since recuperating from my back surgery then I have played in the last 6? years. biggrin

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: jcc] #2824440
09/24/20 08:39 AM
09/24/20 08:39 AM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
All of my expenses over and above the championship event, reprinting, my time rescheduling, electronic setup of the real-time scoring (new course requires new programming) will be added up and I will seek restitution in small claims court (less than $5,000).

The fact that the GM idiot stated to the golfers he screwed up gives me plenty of witnesses for court.

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: RobG] #2824441
09/24/20 08:51 AM
09/24/20 08:51 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
"What I have found is that the front of the house never spoke to the back of the house." This seems to be almost the standard with business today. My employer, our customers and the shipping companies that come and go from my workplace- communication between them and within themselves is almost a stroke of luck when it happens. I hope you get meaningful compensation for this crap.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: 2boltmain] #2824445
09/24/20 08:59 AM
09/24/20 08:59 AM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
LEFT hand - meet RIGHT hand.

It all boils down to laziness.

Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: RobG] #2824525
09/24/20 12:09 PM
09/24/20 12:09 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by RobG

No, it boils down to poor leadership. If you have people that can't, or won't, do the job, you fire them from the GM down to the janitor.

Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: RobG] #2824534
09/24/20 12:24 PM
09/24/20 12:24 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
All of my expenses over and above the championship event, reprinting, my time rescheduling, electronic setup of the real-time scoring (new course requires new programming) will be added up and I will seek restitution in small claims court (less than $5,000).

The fact that the GM idiot stated to the golfers he screwed up gives me plenty of witnesses for court.

Watching small claims court on tv your labor time probably can’t be recovered. You kinda make it sound like a “money grab” in a sue happy society. I think you would be better off working with them and scheduling another outing with some extras received from the coarse. Probably suggest a couple free rounds of golf for closest to the pin on a couple of holes.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: pittsburghracer] #2824554
09/24/20 12:57 PM
09/24/20 12:57 PM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Watching small claims court on tv your labor time probably can’t be recovered. You kinda make it sound like a “money grab” in a sue happy society. I think you would be better off working with them and scheduling another outing with some extras received from the coarse. Probably suggest a couple free rounds of golf for closest to the pin on a couple of holes.

It is not a money grab. I have approximately 15 hours into setting up meetings with vendors, synchronizing electronic golf devices and programming an electronic score card that sent real time scoring to all golfers. Leader boards were printed as well. Now I have to re-do it all for the new course that is jumping in to assist us with our tournament. Time is money and I do not work for free the second time around. The course made no recommendations and after their poor attitude regarding serving those who booked a tee time weeks prior as opposed to 8 months ago for an event - we will never plan on holding an event there.There are other places that have greater respect for their customers.

Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: Sniper] #2824555
09/24/20 12:58 PM
09/24/20 12:58 PM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
Originally Posted by Sniper

No, it boils down to poor leadership. If you have people that can't, or won't, do the job, you fire them from the GM down to the janitor.

I agree 100% - The owner doesn't even have the balls to return calls.

Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: RobG] #2824973
09/25/20 01:44 PM
09/25/20 01:44 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
My niece, Becky, is the event planner at Fox Hills out there somewhere (I'm not a golfer, sorry) if you're looking for a new venue.

Jim Fillmore
Detroit Muscle Technologies

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: Detroit area Golfers - Boycot Boulder Pointe GC -Oxford [Re: Sniper] #2824977
09/25/20 01:46 PM
09/25/20 01:46 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by Sniper

I use to say that at my former place of employment. The owner would say "what should I do? Fire everyone?" I said "that'd be a start" What an effing disaster. its not the employees fault if lazy owners/management let it happen.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets