03/28/20 12:09 PM
03/28/20 12:09 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Okay jcc, I'll say one last thing, and then give you the last word. I'm speaking from a point of over 20 years in the business. Over 20 years of responding to 911 calls, some of that time the PSAP Supervisor (Public Safety Answer Point), attending many monthly meetings with county 911 Coordinator, and knowing every single time we have a LANDLINE that provides wrong address a correction form is submitted. I know that the incident of LANDLINES displaying the incorrect address is extremely unlikely. I agreed it CAN happen, so go ahead and test for your peace of mind if you like. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DISAGREEING WITH. I still said to go ahead and test, just call non-emergency first.

Perhaps you just enjoy controversy, I don't know, but I'm through asking to just call non-emergency number first and make sure that there's not a major event in progress. Try not and do it during rush hour traffic times, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. You want to really be kind, try to do it around 4 am.

Btw, all E911 telecommunicators are trained to verify the address with caller, and never go off just their screen information. The only time they will go off the screen only is an open line or hang up. But again, test if you like.

I'm done.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Call 911 .... for wHaT ? [Re: larrymopar360] #2757003
03/28/20 08:22 PM
03/28/20 08:22 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Okay jcc, I'll say one last thing, and then give you the last word. I'm speaking from a point of over 20 years in the business. Over 20 years of responding to 911 calls, some of that time the PSAP Supervisor (Public Safety Answer Point), attending many monthly meetings with county 911 Coordinator, and knowing every single time we have a LANDLINE that provides wrong address a correction form is submitted. I know that the incident of LANDLINES displaying the incorrect address is extremely unlikely. I agreed it CAN happen, so go ahead and test for your peace of mind if you like. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DISAGREEING WITH. I still said to go ahead and test, just call non-emergency first.

Perhaps you just enjoy controversy, I don't know, but I'm through asking to just call non-emergency number first and make sure that there's not a major event in progress. Try not and do it during rush hour traffic times, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. You want to really be kind, try to do it around 4 am.

Btw, all E911 telecommunicators are trained to verify the address with caller, and never go off just their screen information. The only time they will go off the screen only is an open line or hang up. But again, test if you like.

I'm done.

OK.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Page 2 of 2 1 2